There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

JamesGatz83 2014 Mock Draft (Version 1.0)

Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Don't need another physical possession receiver. Someone like Landry, Beckham Jr. or Lee would fit to spread the field.

I like Paul Richardson from Colorado too. He may be the quickest receiver in the draft and is probably a 2nd round grade.

Jesus. Just because the guy is big doesn't make him a possession receiver. Check out his YPC. You would be hard pressed to find a better vertical threat.
Originally posted by sLarsen7:
Really, no weaknesses to his game! That has to be a joke. First of all he doesn't know how to run routes. Second his motor is questionable. And third he doesn't have good hands. Also he was the #2 receiver in Florida St offense. This guy is Jon Baldwin 2.0.

You realize teams don't rank their receivers, right? Guys play spots: X, Y, Z, etc.

And Rashad Greene may have caught more balls, but Benjamin led the team in touchdowns and Jameis threw to him in big spots repeatedly throughout the year. Being #2 behind Rashad Greene wouldn't be a concern anyway. The guy is a probable Biletnikoff finalist next year.

Comparing him to Baldwin is lazy. All big receivers aren't the same. Benjamin has ten times the RAC ability Baldwin does.
Kenjamin scares me at 235 lbs. he's a biscuit shy of being Mike Williams 2.0
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
LOL. Ok, let's hear your list. I assume you've only seen highlights and the national title game.

I've seen every single game the guy has played. He is arguably the best blocking receiver I've seen in 20+ years of watching a ton of football. He has a varied route tree and his route running developed significantly this year. He is explosive after the catch and was even used often on end-arounds at FSU. He separates exceptionally for a receiver of his size and has very reliable hands in traffic. He has a huge catch radius and terrific body control. Plus, he's clutch and proved himself a reliable third-down weapon (plus that little catch pictured above was pretty clutch too).

Hes explosive after the catch if hes running full speed.

He doesn't get seperation he boxes out.

His release is sluggish.

He loses tons of speed when he cuts.

He doesn't have excellent body control. MiKe Evans has excellent body control. Benjamin has slow reaction and poor adjustment.

His hands are not reliable in traffic and the NCG proved that. He nearly folded in the biggest game of his life.

And yea he made the game winning TD. The DB was left on an island against a TE body. Pretty simple to make the play there. At that point if you don't make the play you don't deserve to be there.

I wouldn't pick him the 1st but thats just me.His size is intriguing but his mechanics are poor. I've seen FSU play Pitt, Clemson, Duke , Florida, and Auburn. Thats a good sample size.
[ Edited by eonblue on Jan 20, 2014 at 9:57 PM ]
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
LOL. Ok, let's hear your list. I assume you've only seen highlights and the national title game.

I've seen every single game the guy has played. He is arguably the best blocking receiver I've seen in 20+ years of watching a ton of football. He has a varied route tree and his route running developed significantly this year. He is explosive after the catch and was even used often on end-arounds at FSU. He separates exceptionally for a receiver of his size and has very reliable hands in traffic. He has a huge catch radius and terrific body control. Plus, he's clutch and proved himself a reliable third-down weapon (plus that little catch pictured above was pretty clutch too).

That was about his only catch. Benjamin doesn't get consistently open otherwise he would have put up gaudy numbers this year. Instead he was the #2 WR. The only reason he is hyped is because of his size. He doesn't have the skills to succeed in the NFL
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Don't need another physical possession receiver. Someone like Landry, Beckham Jr. or Lee would fit to spread the field.

I like Paul Richardson from Colorado too. He may be the quickest receiver in the draft and is probably a 2nd round grade.

i think richardon may have some character issues...he was kicked off the ucla team
Originally posted by eonblue:
Hes explosive after the catch if hes running full speed.

He doesn't get seperation he boxes out.

His release is sluggish.

He loses tons of speed when he cuts.

He doesn't have excellent body control. MiKe Evans has excellent body control. Benjamin has slow reaction and poor adjustment.

His hands are not reliable in traffic and the NCG proved that. He nearly folded in the biggest game of his life.

And yea he made the game winning TD. The DB was left on an island against a TE body. Pretty simple to make the play there. At that point if you don't make the play you don't deserve to be there.

I wouldn't pick him the 1st but thats just me.His size is intriguing but his mechanics are poor. I've seen FSU play Pitt, Clemson, Duke , Florida, and Auburn. Thats a good sample size.

This X 10. High ceiling for sure, but seems like a very risky first round choice.