LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 389 users in the forums

JamesGatz83 2014 Mock Draft (Version 1.0)

Just going to do the first 5 picks for now. Will add more as we get closer to May.

Round 1 (30 OVR): Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State... 6'5", 234
Huge, physical, productive receiver that can separate. Terrific RAC ability, especially for a receiver of his size. Remains to been seen whether he'll be there at 30, so we may have to move up to get him.

Round 2 (56 OVR - KC): Lamarcus Joyner, CB/S, Florida State... 5'8", 190
Will be undervalued because of his size, but he has excelled at both CB and S for the Noles. Excellent in run support and as physical as any DB in the nation despite his small stature. Has no problem matching up with bigger receivers due to physicality, fluidity, and leaping ability.

Round 2 (61 OVR): Deone Bucannon, S, Washington State... 6'1", 215
Big, physical S that can play downhill and make plays in the passing game. One of the most ferocious hitters in the college game.

Round 3 (77 OVR): Troy Niklas, TE, Notre Dame... 6'7", 270
Huge TE with surprising athleticism. Think Garrett Celek with better athleticism and receiving ability. Would make our heavy sets far less predictable.

Round 3 (94 OVR): Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin... 6'2", 190
Productive receiver who made big plays throughout his career at Wisconsin. Lit up highly touted Bradley Roby of OSU for over 200 yards this past season.
This is one of the better mocks I've seen. And Joyner I doubt lasts that long. Swap that pick with bucannon and swap bucannon with fuller . Haha that'd be a niceeeeee draft for me
No way we waste a 3rd pick on a TE after taken one in tha 2nd round of 2013 draft ..
Originally posted by DJamhour:
This is one of the better mocks I've seen. And Joyner I doubt lasts that long. Swap that pick with bucannon and swap bucannon with fuller . Haha that'd be a niceeeeee draft for me

Possibly a little wishful thinking on my part on Joyner. I'd be very happy with the swaps you proposed too.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
No way we waste a 3rd pick on a TE after taken one in tha 2nd round of 2013 draft ..

It's not like we have a lot of other needs and we saw what happened this year when Vernon went down.
How about a C or G another CB ..a better 1st round pick ...
People must understand that there is no rules in a draft! just because a team takes a position at a certain round DOES NOT mean they will not do it again! With that being said .........everything is for grabs
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
How about a C or G another CB ..a better 1st round pick ...

How many DBs do you want us to take in the first 3 rounds? Keep in mind Culliver is coming back. Joyner becomes the nickelback and Bucannon replaces Whitner if he isn't retained. We can always take another DB or two in the later rounds.

Quality interior OLs can be had in the later rounds, and I think the front office is comfortable with Kilgore and Looney.

And a better 1st round pick? Ever seen Kelvin Benjamin play? We'll be very lucky if he's around at 30.
Benjamin feels like fools gold
Originally posted by outside4949:

Yea soundz like a 1 hit never was I'd rather have a more proven player like J.Matthews(in tha 1st round) or D.Adams(2nd round)

Originally posted by outside4949:

Feels like? What did you see to think this?

Legitimately asking, because I've seen every game he's ever played and he's the real deal in my opinion. No weaknesses to his game.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Jan 20, 2014 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

Legitimately asking, because I've seen every game he's ever played and he's the real deal in my opinion. No weaknesses to his game.

Really, no weaknesses to his game! That has to be a joke. First of all he doesn't know how to run routes. Second his motor is questionable. And third he doesn't have good hands. Also he was the #2 receiver in Florida St offense. This guy is Jon Baldwin 2.0.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

Lol. Come on, man. You can't think of one weakness?

I have a list.
Don't need another physical possession receiver. Someone like Landry, Beckham Jr. or Lee would fit to spread the field.

I like Paul Richardson from Colorado too. He may be the quickest receiver in the draft and is probably a 2nd round grade.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Lol. Come on, man. You can't think of one weakness?

I have a list.

LOL. Ok, let's hear your list. I assume you've only seen highlights and the national title game.

I've seen every single game the guy has played. He is arguably the best blocking receiver I've seen in 20+ years of watching a ton of football. He has a varied route tree and his route running developed significantly this year. He is explosive after the catch and was even used often on end-arounds at FSU. He separates exceptionally for a receiver of his size and has very reliable hands in traffic. He has a huge catch radius and terrific body control. Plus, he's clutch and proved himself a reliable third-down weapon (plus that little catch pictured above was pretty clutch too).
Share 49ersWebzone