LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

Is inside linebacker now a need?

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Shane Skov - Stanford
Yes, maybe 2nd 3rd rounder who would be a ST ace when Bowman returns
Borland from Wisconsin doesn't wow you with his measurables but that guy is an absolute gamer. He will have a long career in the league and should get a look if he lasts past round 3. Would love to target him in the middle rounds as he would be a solid teams guy as well.
I say use Dan Skuta. I doubt Moody competes for the position but that'd be nice, too.
Originally posted by FastEddyD:
I would bet Larry Grant gets a phone call on Monday

I would welcome this easy.
Originally posted by FastEddyD:
I would bet Larry Grant gets a phone call on Monday

yes the call will go like this "Hey Larry Trent Baalke here..do you have Brian Urlacher's number?"
Originally posted by sspiker:
I say use Dan Skuta. I doubt Moody competes for the position but that'd be nice, too.

skuta is a gamer, he played well every time he had an opportunity to play.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Shane Skov - Stanford

Beat me to it. I would love to draft this kid.
  • dj43
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Our needs at CB, S, and WR have not changed. Truth be told, if we get the right receivers and change our thinking offensively, we won't be so dependent on our defense to play at an all pro level week in and week out. I could see us bringing in a veteran however.

I don't expect a change in thinking on offense or defense. Harbaugh is still Harbaugh no matter who is on the team.

I do think we use a mid round pick on a LB. As others have said, he should be ready to play in a pro system. Doesn't have to be starter grade but at least a solid backup. LBs are usually good special teamers so it is never a bad idea to grab one if you think the value is right.

Latest reports on Bowman are not as dire as some first thought. He should be back by late October. In the meantime, Skuta and Wilhoite have proven to be decent players and should be able to do so again.
LB is always a need. You can't have enough guys on your team who are 6'2"-6'4", 240 lbs and can run. Great for special teams and LB depth.

Christian Jones, FSU. He was used all over at linebacker and would be comfortable being reunited with Tank and Moody.
Originally posted by Diaperfan:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Shane Skov - Stanford

Beat me to it. I would love to draft this kid.

Big fan of Skov I hope he is a 49er a 2nd or 3rd round with all the picks we got I love
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I think our depth in the front seven is the best throughout the team. We should be able to absorb the temporary loss of Bow.
YES ....I'd like to groom another ILB ...
Share 49ersWebzone