There are 156 users in the forums

Brandin Cooks- WR, Oregon St.

this guy will be a Patriot. He is what they are lacking, a slot WR. As a 49er, Roman would not use him right
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
Cooks confuses me. I see a lot of yac from him and some really nice jitterbug type of moves. Even see him making impressive contested catches downfield but I haven't seen much of him burning past the secondary for deep uncontested catches.

Is it just the way the defense plays him so as to not let him get over the top? Please enlighten me. I watch games and YouTube highlights, not "film".

In the same way some bigger wrs have build up speed and are long striders who eat up a lot of ground, Cooks looks like a short strider if that makes any sense

It means he is faster in his underwear.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Looks like a football player out there! You can tell who are just the speed freaks. This guy looks apart and would live to have him on our team.
ME WANT !!!!!!!!!
Cooks confuses me. I see a lot of yac from him and some really nice jitterbug type of moves. Even see him making impressive contested catches downfield but I haven't seen much of him burning past the secondary for deep uncontested catches.

Is it just the way the defense plays him so as to not let him get over the top? Please enlighten me. I watch games and YouTube highlights, not "film".

In the same way some bigger wrs have build up speed and are long striders who eat up a lot of ground, Cooks looks like a short strider if that makes any sense

Oregon State is a dink and dunk pro-style offense. They don't go for the big home run play alot. Therefore he didn't have chances to run past D's on go routes. He made his yards or short passes that he gained more yards on.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Feb 23, 2014 at 6:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Travisty13:

Oregon State is a dink and dunk pro-style offense. They don't go for the big home run play alot. Therefore he didn't have chances to run past D's on go routes. He made his yards or short passes that he gained more yards on.

That works. Wasn't even a criticism. Just something I've noticed.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
this guy will be a Patriot. He is what they are lacking, a slot WR. As a 49er, Roman would not use him right

Are You Kidding Me? Roman Knows Exactly What To To With Him. He's Probably Trying To Figure Out How To Use Him As OuR 3Rd TE Or Even As The 3Rd RB in OuR heavy Formation. Imagine All The Useless Go Routes He Can Run And Throw A 6Yd Curl Route To Bruce Miller. If I'm Roman, I'm Salivating Over THis Guy.
Originally posted by HERN:

Are You Kidding Me? Roman Knows Exactly What To To With Him. He's Probably Trying To Figure Out How To Use Him As OuR 3Rd TE Or Even As The 3Rd RB in OuR heavy Formation. Imagine All The Useless Go Routes He Can Run And Throw A 6Yd Curl Route To Bruce Miller. If I'm Roman, I'm Salivating Over THis Guy.

What The Eff Is Up With Your Writing???
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

hAHahaHAHa

lol sad but true

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

lol sad but true

I think they will get one of the top TE first. Then a little later a quick slot player. Campanaro for example. Belichik looked like Gollum watching him
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 23, 2014 at 7:53 PM ]
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

They just paid Danny Amendola 5 yr 28.5 mil to be that guy.
Would love to see them trade up to get him in the first. Then pick up Matthews in the 2nd.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

hAHahaHAHa

It Only Does It When I Use My Phone. I Apologize.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by hofer36:
i have seen comparisons to victor cruz for cooks

Reminds me Antonio Brown of the Steelers.
Reminds me of a slightly smaller Isaac Bruce.

Love this kid though.

If this kid is anything close to Bruce we need to move up and snag him.
Share 49ersWebzone