There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandin Cooks- WR, Oregon St.

• DeUh
  • Veteran
So finally everyone is on board. Nice

Told it from day one, Cooks is a BEAST !

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Definitely someone I would consider at 29 I just would fear that Roman wouldn't get the most out of him. I was a fan of Austin last year not 8 overall. I would have taken him in the early 2nd or late 1st possibly. With guys like Austin and Cooks I'm not sure we Roman would go out of his way to get the ball in their hands in the open field and let them make plays.

I don't think he makes it to the 49ers pick now honestly, if they wanted him they'd probably have to trade up for him. He'd be a great fit in Kansas City IMO, the quickness to succeed on slants and quick passing patterns, screens...etc.

If they like him enough they will move up to get him like Eric Reid
And he just ran away from our teams ability to draft him in round one.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

He's not as special as Eric Reid.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

Sure it's possible but I see us trading up for Pryor, Clinton-Dixon (no Whitner) before I see us trading up for a WR or CB. Gilbert is another possibility but SS without Whitner is a much bigger need than a #3 CB or #3 WR. I guess it depends on how confident they are in some of those 2nd and 3rd round SS's to start day 1. I'm not sure I am. Although, what are the odds of us trading up for a S 2 years in a row? We have a lot of options the 2nd round is very deep and we could easily trade back, pick up a 3rd next year or whatever and still get someone we wanted at 30 like we did last year with Carradine.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 23, 2014 at 2:38 PM ]
3.81 20 yard shuttle time.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
3.81 20 yard shuttle time.

Been saying kid is a stud, threat to break a big play at any moment.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
guy is a blur. we need a blur of red and gold.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
This kid showed up for the combine today and looked like a stud. I'm sure he's moving up teams draft boards. I was pretty sure we can snag this guy at 30 or move up early in the 2nd, but after today, i see this guy as a top 20 pick.
How high will he go now after this showing? Probably too high for us I'm guessing?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How high will he go now after this showing? Probably too high for us I'm guessing?

I think 10 -20. No way till 30.
Originally posted by DeUh:

So even if we traded up to like 18 for Eric Reid it's probably more than likely too late.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:

So even if we traded up to like 18 for Eric Reid it's probably more than likely too late.

I think it depends a lot on the next two days.

When guys like Baptiste, McGill, Roby, Verett, Joyner, Pryor, Bucannon, Ward, etc show up, who knows.

Evans also moved up on boards today i would think.

This draft is just loaded !
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 23, 2014 at 3:42 PM ]
Originally posted by HERN:
This kid showed up for the combine today and looked like a stud. I'm sure he's moving up teams draft boards. I was pretty sure we can snag this guy at 30 or move up early in the 2nd, but after today, i see this guy as a top 20 pick.

I see the Jets springing a woody over him. If you assume that Watkins and Evans will be gone early, I think they choose Cooks over Lee to give Geno someone similar to Tavon Austin as a receiver.
Cooks confuses me. I see a lot of yac from him and some really nice jitterbug type of moves. Even see him making impressive contested catches downfield but I haven't seen much of him burning past the secondary for deep uncontested catches.

Is it just the way the defense plays him so as to not let him get over the top? Please enlighten me. I watch games and YouTube highlights, not "film".

In the same way some bigger wrs have build up speed and are long striders who eat up a lot of ground, Cooks looks like a short strider if that makes any sense
[ Edited by Nalo9er on Feb 23, 2014 at 3:54 PM ]