LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

Brandin Cooks- WR, Oregon St.

He's my draft crush also adams maybe in 3rd or our 2nd 2nd
Have I mised out on Herron again???
My two offensive crushes Beckham and Cooks showed up in the 40! Hope we catch one of them!!
Originally posted by MTninerfan:
My two offensive crushes Beckham and Cooks showed up in the 40! Hope we catch one of them!!

Both would be nice we have alot of picks
4.33 officially faster than Tavon Austin & Percy Harvin
unofficial 4.33 in the 40. whoa, the kid can fly!
[ Edited by ninergold on Feb 23, 2014 at 10:43 AM ]
Happy tht Cooks established himself as the fastest WR. Everybody was driving me crazy with the whole "we need a burner like Lee or Evens that can stretch the field since Crabtree isn't fast" blah blah blah, but they're no faster than Crabtree. No need to trade up if the value isn't tht much greater.

He had a 36in vertical(better than Benjamin, Watkins and Matthews). Only mike Evans had a better vert(37in)
[ Edited by martysofresh on Feb 23, 2014 at 11:36 AM ]
I know people that I was crazy when I said I wanted cooks over lee
Officially my WR crush
Curious to why Tavon Austin is considered the better prospect? Cooks bigger, stronger, faster, and had better results than Tavon

Beast
Originally posted by Broseph6:
He's my draft crush also adams maybe in 3rd or our 2nd 2nd

Cooks will almost certainly be a first round pick. Let's compare him to Tavon Austin:

Cooks is taller, 15 pounds heavier, ran the 40 0.01 seconds faster, has longer arms, has bigger hands, was more productive (by about 15 yards), had 4 inches higher vertical, identical broad jump, he's 6 months younger than Austin was at draft time, and he didn't have Geno Smith throwing to him in a weak conference (Geno isn't a good NFL QB, but he was great in college).

The only thing Austin has on Cooks is 0.05 seconds in the 10-yard split. Autin is crazy agile. Austin went 8th overall last year. Cooks will easily be a first rounder.
top in the 20 & 60 yard shuttle 3.81 & 10.72 & top 10 in the 3 cone drill 6.76 anything under 7 is exeptional
Definitely someone I would consider at 30 I just would fear that Roman wouldn't get the most out of him. I was a fan of Austin last year not 8 overall. I would have taken him in the early 2nd or late 1st possibly. With guys like Austin and Cooks I'm not sure we Roman would go out of his way to get the ball in their hands in the open field and let them make plays.

edit, sorry I keep saying 29 when we are 30.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 23, 2014 at 2:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Definitely someone I would consider at 29 I just would fear that Roman wouldn't get the most out of him. I was a fan of Austin last year not 8 overall. I would have taken him in the early 2nd or late 1st possibly. With guys like Austin and Cooks I'm not sure we Roman would go out of his way to get the ball in their hands in the open field and let them make plays.

I don't think he makes it to the 49ers pick now honestly, if they wanted him they'd probably have to trade up for him. He'd be a great fit in Kansas City IMO, the quickness to succeed on slants and quick passing patterns, screens...etc.
Share 49ersWebzone