There are 158 users in the forums

Brandin Cooks- WR, Oregon St.

Originally posted by Andra:
I agree he was almost shut down completely by Oregon

Crabtree was the consensus (barring crazy-azz Raiders) best WR in his draft, and he's been shut down in games. So have Q, Vernon, Jimmy Graham, Larry Fitz, and even Megatron. When the gameplan is "just stop that guy" week in and week out, it's bound to work on occasion.

That said, he has yet to prove that he can get open consistently on the outside in the NFL. You know what? Same deal with every other WR in the draft. Maybe he gets it done on his own, maybe he needs help from alignment and motion, but he seemed to get open outside quite a bit in college. Besides, he's not exactly dwarfed by Patton (2" shorter, but stronger), and we all seem to like that guy.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
He is a pure slot receiver that lacks break away speed at the NFL level. Cooks is good in the open field but I wonder how he will get separation against press corners. He runs average routes and is also an average hand catcher.

Looking at a mid to late 2nd grade on him when it's all said and done. He should have stayed another year at Oregon State honestly.

Against Oregon Cooks had 10 catches for 110 yards.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?id=333332483

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Needle:
He is a pure slot receiver that lacks break away speed at the NFL level. Cooks is good in the open field but I wonder how he will get separation against press corners. He runs average routes and is also an average hand catcher.

Looking at a mid to late 2nd grade on him when it's all said and done. He should have stayed another year at Oregon State honestly.

Facts !
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 22, 2014 at 8:07 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:

Facts !

lol and his sophomore year he had 5 for 75 and freshman he had 5 for 56 w/ 1 TD -- hardly shut down, especially in cause in 2012 he was the #2 and in 2011 may have been #3
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Excels real fast from complete stop, good hands, ain't scared in traffic...
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by DeUh:

Facts !

lol and his sophomore year he had 5 for 75 and freshman he had 5 for 56 w/ 1 TD -- hardly shut down, especially in cause in 2012 he was the #2 and in 2011 may have been #3

Didn't he have 2 balls go right thru his hands to end the game...
Not clutch lol
Double post
[ Edited by solidg2000 on Feb 23, 2014 at 12:02 AM ]
I've watched some "tape" on Cooks, and I dont see a WR that can get separation in the NFL. Seriously, I want to like the guy, but I dont see the speed that everyone talks about?!?! We need a speed WR and a kick returner, but Cooks only look above average, not elite.

I want to like the guy, please help me see what you guys see....
4.3 flat for Cooks
Originally posted by irishluder:
I've watched some "tape" on Cooks, and I dont see a WR that can get separation in the NFL. Seriously, I want to like the guy, but I dont see the speed that everyone talks about?!?! We need a speed WR and a kick returner, but Cooks only look above average, not elite.

I want to like the guy, please help me see what you guys see....

Do you have it slowed down or something?

It's pretty obvious he has speed on tape and just put a 4.3....you can't argue that.

BOOM 4.3
Official time should be around a 4.40 or so, pretty good speed overall, clearly he's a guy that is on the 49ers radar as well, meeting with him at dinner was reminiscent of how they met with Patton last year.
both time 4.30
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
both time 4.30

I don't see that speed in games. I think he's fast enough, and awefully quick, but he doesn't look Dri Archer, Tevin Reese, or DeSean Jackson fast. That's what I think of when i hear 4.3 flat.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
both time 4.30

I don't see that speed in games. I think he's fast enough, and awefully quick, but he doesn't look Dri Archer, Tevin Reese, or DeSean Jackson fast. That's what I think of when i hear 4.3 flat.

I would say he is alot like Steve Smith and he is pretty fast and productive. Cooks has become my favorite WR for the 49ers as a fit and his college production is really impressive with terrible QB play
Share 49ersWebzone