LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Brandin Cooks- WR, Oregon St.

Originally posted by crake49:
Now that the Seahawks have committed to over $14 mil a year for Sherman, the Niners need to have a seriously fast outside guy who challenges him over and over deep. He couldn't run with Ty Hilton and he can't run with either Brandon Cooks or Odell Beckham. I hope every team that plays them just goes deep on Sherman as much as possible. Make that huge contract the biggest mistake any team has made this off season.

$40 million guaranteed is nucking futs.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by crake49:
Now that the Seahawks have committed to over $14 mil a year for Sherman, the Niners need to have a seriously fast outside guy who challenges him over and over deep. He couldn't run with Ty Hilton and he can't run with either Brandon Cooks or Odell Beckham. I hope every team that plays them just goes deep on Sherman as much as possible. Make that huge contract the biggest mistake any team has made this off season.

$40 million guaranteed is nucking futs.

We're gonna be in the same boat soon with Kap, Crabtree and Smith...
[ Edited by CWin4949 on May 7, 2014 at 3:38 PM ]
Originally posted by CWin4949:
We're gonna be in Thames boat soon with Kap, Crabtree and Smith...

Man I hope you're wrong about the Crabtree part.

Kap and Smith yes, but they play the most important positions on offense and defense.

You've got to spread out the money, not load it all up in the secondary. That is going to crush them long term.
http://grantland.com/features/brandin-cooks-nfl-draft-oregon-state-wide-receiver/

Not convinced with cooks great background article
Just 2 weeks ago I was sure Beckham>Cooks now after watching more tape Beckham = Cooks... Im Impressed, I just hope we can get one... If there is one thing we are really good at, its finding DB's that can play in later rounds... We dont do that with receivers sooooooo GO GET ONE....
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
http://grantland.com/features/brandin-cooks-nfl-draft-oregon-state-wide-receiver/

Not convinced with cooks great background article

Originally posted by BrianGO:

Kap and Smith yes, but they play the most important positions on offense and defense.

You've got to spread out the money, not load it all up in the secondary. That is going to crush them long term.

Secondary personnel are typically more expensive than LBs!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Very true, but we definitely have more crucial guys to sign.

Better for us to sell out in this years draft to give this season a strong SB run while we still have all those guys on the roster.

Aldon Smith isn't a LB...he's a pass rusher.

Pass rush > corner

• sfout
  • Veteran

Better for us to sell out in this years draft to give this season a strong SB run while we still have all those guys on the roster.

Never paid attention to the franchise tag fights but can the NFLPA file franchise tag grievances without the player's consent? Because I could see Aldon asking them to challenge the tender of an OLB and be an DE; or the NFLPA doing it on their own.

That is of course if it ever comes down to us tagging him.

EDIT: Don't answer that question here, answer it in the Aldon thread, unless it is a simple answer then I won't say anything else about it lol.
[ Edited by sfout on May 7, 2014 at 6:29 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:

Never paid attention to the franchise tag fights but can the NFLPA file franchise tag grievances without the player's consent? Because I could see Aldon asking them to challenge the tender of an OLB and be an DE; or the NFLPA doing it on their own.

That is of course if it ever comes down to us tagging him.

EDIT: Don't answer that question here, answer it in the Aldon thread, unless it is a simple answer then I won't say anything else about it lol.

Probably a question for AB. We haven't used the FT on anyone in a while, we're definitely going to have to use it next year and the transition tag too........lol, if you can do that.
Probably a question for AB. We haven't used the FT on anyone in a while, we're definitely going to have to use it next year and the transition tag too........lol, if you can do that.
Not in a while? You mean besides 2 seasons ago with Goldson?
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Not in a while? You mean besides 2 seasons ago with Goldson?

How many times in the last 10 years has it been used? 2 years would qualify as awhile I think...
[ Edited by CWin4949 on May 7, 2014 at 6:42 PM ]
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
We're gonna be in Thames boat soon with Kap, Crabtree and Smith...

Man I hope you're wrong about the Crabtree part.

We should ask Sherman how much he thinks crabtree is worth and then use that as leverage.
Share 49ersWebzone