There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Way way to early mock off season.

Hello, Im stuck at home with flu this weekend so I thought I would start my mock off season.

Re-sign: WR Anquan Boldin, CB Perrish Cox, and K Phil Dawson. Spend 8m
Cut: CB Carlos Rogers, SS Craig Dahl, and OT Adam Snyder. Save 9m
Sign: CB Vontae Davis and C Ted Larsen, Spend 5m

Draft
*Trade 1st, SF 2nd, and 7th for the 15th pick in the 1st.
^Trade Tenn 3rd and SF 4th for 2nd pick in the 3rd.

* 1st) WR Marqise Lee- Deep Threat the 49ers have wanted for the last 2 years. TD threat every time he touches the ball.
2nd) CB Lamarcus Joyner- Football player thru and thru, don't let his size full you. Nickel Back that can really bring the pain.
^ 3rd) SS Deone Bucannon- Losing Whitner will hurt but this football player will ease the pain. Knows how to tackle and has the skills to cover the middle.
3rd) OT Ja'Wuan James- 49 game starter and team captain at Tenn. Swing tackle that can play LT/RT.
3rd) QB Tajh Boyd- Short QB with weird throwing motion but has great touch and knows how to run. Let Harbaugh work his magic.
5th) ILB Devon Kennard- 6-3 260 monster that has played ILB and OLB at USC. Great 1st step and should be a terror on Special Teams.
6th) S Vinnie Sunseri- Special Teams ace that can play some S. Coaches son that is coming back from knee inj.
7th) DE Jay Bromley- 6-4 290 DT that had 10 sacks in 2013. Put him at DE and see what happens.
7th) WR Shaq Evans- Strong hands and good size. Only 4 WRs on the 49ers books for 2014.
7th) FB Trey Millard- Coming off knee injury that might need a year to recover but he is a Bruce Miller clone.
[ Edited by Ice49er on Jan 19, 2014 at 9:04 AM ]
ummm, curt Dorsey, why? He has been solid this year.

Also no DT/NT then? V.Davis and De La Peunte won't come cheap.
Dorsey was beat out by NT Ian Williams this year and only earned his place after Williams was hurt. 3.75M for a back up NT is way to much money.
With Smith, McDonald, Williams, Dial, Carradine and Jerod-Eddie on the books next year there isn't a spot for him.

With Davis I think the 49ers could use the family thing to get him for cheaper(3-4M) than what he could get on the open market.
The Saints have no money to re-sign De La Puente so the 49ers should be able to lure him back home for 3-4M a year.
I dont know how you get $15M, it's more like $10.5M saved.

Also why would davis take less? And Boldin and Dawson would cost more than 8M along with Wright in there. Boldin should get 6M, Dawson $2.5M, Wright can leave for all I care, he has been crap. Retain Wilhoite, and Cox on cheap deals.
Good call on Cox I will replace Wright with him.

NinersCapHell.com has

Rogers at $8,094,531
Dahl at $2,233,333
Snyder at $1,300,000
Dorsey at $3,792,500
= $15,420,361 add that to $8,595,118 in Cap Space and the 49ers should be able to sign Boldin, Cox, Dawson, Davis and De La Peunte.
http://www.49ers.com/news/davis-brothers.html
"If Adaline had her way, Vernon and Vontae would be on the same team."

This is why I think Vontae would come here at a slightly lower salary.
[ Edited by Ice49er on Jan 18, 2014 at 8:41 PM ]
I stopped at Cut Dorsey. That would be dumb.
Originally posted by Ice49er:
Good call on Cox I will replace Wright with him.

NinersCapHell.com has

Rogers at $8,094,531
Dahl at $2,233,333
Snyder at $1,300,000
Dorsey at $3,792,500
= $15,420,361 add that to $8,595,118 in Cap Space and the 49ers should be able to sign Boldin, Cox, Dawson, Davis and De La Peunte.

Are you really arguing with AB about salaries and you're using NinerCapHell as your source? You realize ninercaphell=AB and he knows more about the salaries than you could ever hope to, right?
I was not arguing with AB just using his site as my source. I love the feedback other wise I wouldn't posted it. I made this to start a discussion not an argument.
Every response is greatly appreciated.

Whats you guys take on the mock draft?
Our defense got better when Ian Williams got hurt and Dorsey replaced him, I don't think that was a coincidence. Assuming we could even get that pick with what you've offered, why would we take a WR with such a high pick when in your scenario when we've resigned Boldin for what is probably a lot of money and what if he wants multiple years? With that low of a pick, the player is expected to be an immediate starter and there is no starting position available. Not only that but we just went WR in the 1st round in the year before last with AJ Jenkins and it didn't work. This year is supposedly strong in WR, so it's a possibility we could get a quality receiver in the later rounds and continue to develop Patton who looks like he might turn into a good pro.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Are you really arguing with AB about salaries and you're using NinerCapHell as your source? You realize ninercaphell=AB and he knows more about the salaries than you could ever hope to, right?

He may not know theres a link between the two.

Dorsey was a bargain signing. He has locked down the A gaps all season and get great push on the center. H also gives the defense a true NT in the nickel. It also appears like he really gels with the rest of he Dline. Too many +++ to cut a guy over 2 mil. He may return the trust and make an exntensio easy on the FO.

Marqise Lee is worth trading up for IMO. Him and,Crab would be devastating . Both require double teams so defenses would not be able to handle it.

I would be fine with Joyner but Verret is better and would be available mid 2nd.

Reynolds is a poor fit. Hes a single high safety not a 8th man in box safety.

We don't need a tackle. Boone can slide out which means you need a guard and you're cutting Snyder and not drafting a replace so that doesn't make sense.

Boyd probably wont be avaliable either.
Originally posted by Ice49er:
I was not arguing with AB just using his site as my source. I love the feedback other wise I wouldn't posted it. I made this to start a discussion not an argument.
Every response is greatly appreciated.

Whats you guys take on the mock draft?

Don't sweat it. I should of mentioned there would be about $4.5M in dead money. Can't gain the full $15M.

The draft is fine. I like Lee. I also like Reynolds more than others do. I'm torn on a 5'8 CB, I like Joyner's game, just worried he wouldn't match up well against WRs.
Ian Williams got hurt in Week 2 in the 1st quarter of that game. But yes Dorsey had a very good season filling in for him.

If Boldin wants lots of Money and Years let him walk. It would give Jones, Nicks or Britt a chance.

The 49ers only have 3 WRs Crabtree, Patton, and Baldwin on the books for 2014. So WR is a big need. A 4 WR set of Boldin, Crabtree, Lee, and Patton would be money in 2014. Heck iust Crabtree, Lee, Patton with Davis would be a great passing attack combo.

Recently the 49ers have drafted very well when they identify the player they wanted and traded up to get them. Eric Reid, Colin Kaepernick, Anthony Davis vs waiting for a good player to fall to them.
I love CB Jason Verrett. He shut down Odell Beckham and Antwan Goodley this year .
I think he is a top 40 player so the 49ers wanted to get him they would have to trade their 2nd and probably 2 3rds to get him.
AB is there anyway the 49ers have a chance at keeping Crabtree, Smith, Iupati and Kaepernick in 2015.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home