LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

Justin Ellis-NT-Louisiana Tech

With Dorsey, Williams and Dial at NT plus TJE who can also play there not sure we need more depth. Unless we go NT instead of DE because I don't see room for another NT and DE. McDonald, Dorsey, Smith, Carradine, Williams, TJE, Dial, DE or NT? I think 8 could be the magic number although we could not draft anybody and go 7. Would we go 9 or like I said could go Ellis and skip picking a DE. Could also knock Dial off the roster but seems early for that. With 4 guys who can play the NT though I'm more for a 3rd round DE than NT in the mid to late rounds.

Also, side note Fangio said in a press conference this ideal NT is about a 305 pound guy. Not saying Ellis or McCullers can't happen but if Fangio has a say seems unlikely. I guess we did have Sopoaga who's about 325-330 but he he is pretty athletic. Dorsey and Williams are about 300-305. TJE is about 300, RJF was about 295-300.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 27, 2014 at 9:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
With Dorsey, Williams and Dial at NT plus TJE who can also play there not sure we need more depth. Unless we go NT instead of DE because I don't see room for another NT and DE. McDonald, Dorsey, Smith, Carradine, Williams, TJE, Dial, DE or NT? I think 8 could be the magic number although we could not draft anybody and go 7. Would we go 9 or like I said could go Ellis and skip picking a DE. Could also knock Dial off the roster but seems early for that. With 4 guys who can play the NT though I'm more for a 3rd round DE than NT in the mid to late rounds.

Also, side note Fangio said in a press conference this ideal NT is about a 305 pound guy. Not saying Ellis or McCullers can't happen but if Fangio has a say seems unlikely. I guess we did have Sopoaga who's about 325-330 but he he is pretty athletic. Dorsey and Williams are about 300-305. TJE is about 300, RJF was about 295-300.

True, but if Harbaugh says "Guess what Vic, you're going to incorporate this monster-sized NT into the defense", do you think Fangio will be like........................

I do like him for us, if available at the bottom of rd 3, but I also feel we have enough at the position to not make NT a priority in the slightest.
Share 49ersWebzone