There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jason Verrett-CB-TCU

Originally posted by Raul98:
If he were drafted by the Niners which i hope they do he would be perfect he can start off at the slot then slowly start to move him to the outside. He doesn't have good height i don't understand why every one keeps mentioning this. So what if hes not that tall Brock Brown Culliver Wright Rodgers all the corners we have are about his size. Verrett should be there hopefully at 30 i would take him there and move up in the 2nd round for a receiver that immediately starts to solve the CB WR position.

With all of the discussions about how deep this draft is, I like that approach. However history suggests Baalke will move up. In a perfect world, Bwlke will package up mid round picks for more selections in the 2nd/3rd.
If he were drafted by the Niners which i hope they do he would be perfect he can start off at the slot then slowly start to move him to the outside. He doesn't have good height i don't understand why every one keeps mentioning this. So what if hes not that tall Brock Brown Culliver Wright Rodgers all the corners we have are about his size. Verrett should be there hopefully at 30 i would take him there and move up in the 2nd round for a receiver that immediately starts to solve the CB WR position.

With all of the discussions about how deep this draft is, I like that approach. However history suggests Baalke will move up. In a perfect world, Bwlke will package up mid round picks for more selections in the 2nd/3rd.

Oops, double post
Originally posted by Butter:

Oops, double post
How about move up in the 1st round for a stud receiver and move up in the 2nd to get Verett or is that to unlikely to happen??
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 23, 2014 at 12:59 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Measured in at 5'11" and 193 pounds, not falling any further than the end of the 1st round.

No freaking way, nice!!!!!

Take heeeeeeem!!!!!!

Very excited now, I thought for sure he would be around 5'9" 1/2, cause everywhere I looked they list him at 5'10".
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Take heeeeeeem!!!!!!

Very excited now, I thought for sure he would be around 5'9" 1/2, cause everywhere I looked they list him at 5'10".

Never mind, scratch that, a fat finger mixed up Jimmie Ward and Verrett. Verrett is actually 5'9" and 189 pounds.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Take heeeeeeem!!!!!!

Never mind, scratch that, a fat finger mixed up Jimmie Ward and Verrett. Verrett is actually 5'9" and 189 pounds.

5'9" at...I'm gonna say 190 lbs is still pretty decent, considering he is pretty good in coverage.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
what worried me is that he would weigh in less than the listed 176 lbs most sites have him at.
what worried me is that he would weigh in less than the listed 176 lbs most sites have him at.

This, the additional bulk certainly helps. NFL.com compares him to Finnegan of the Rams, I can see that, without the side effect of being an absolute a*****e.
yeah I rather have K Fuller
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
yeah I rather have K Fuller

Meh. Fuller came in at almost the same weight as Verrett. Not much bulk and Verrett is the more productive cornerback in terms of making plays on the ball. 9 interceptions and 41 passes defended in 3 years compared to 6 interceptions and 32 passes defended in 4 years for Fuller.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 23, 2014 at 1:20 PM ]
If Dennard and Gilbert are gone I think Verrett would be at the top of my CB list. I'll take him at 29 but it depends on who is left. I'm not sure I'd take him over Matthews, Beckham, Cooks, Robinson, Clinton-Dix, etc. Although, a #3 CB will be a bigger need than a #3 WR to compete with Patton. Especially since we use our 3rd CB more than we use our 3rd WR. So he is 189, that's definitely better than 176 but either way with these guys weight we can bulk them up to whatever we want. It's not a big deal. Just like if we took Ward for SS we would have him go from 191 or whatever to probably 195-200. Training with this group of vets and this locker room we will have these guys stronger than ever and in the best shape of their lives allowing them to bulk up yet not lose speed, etc.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 23, 2014 at 1:36 PM ]

Take heeeeeeem!!!!!!

Football's future has Verrett at 5'11 193 and Ward at 5'9 189. Did they mix up the two? Either way if Verrett is 189 thats a lot better than 176 and we won't have to have him gain too much weight. Also, found this:

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 4h TCU CB Jason Verrett played most of the season with a torn labrum.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If Dennard and Gilbert are gone I think Verrett would be at the top of my CB list. I'll take him at 29 but it depends on who is left. I'm not sure I'd take him over Matthews, Beckham, Cooks, Robinson, Clinton-Dix, etc. Although, a #3 CB will be a bigger need than a #3 WR to compete with Patton. Especially since we use our 3rd CB more than we use our 3rd WR. So he is 189, that's definitely better than 176 but either way with these guys weight we can bulk them up to whatever we want. It's not a big deal. Just like if we took Ward for SS we would have him go from 191 or whatever to probably 195-200. Training with this group of vets and this locker room we will have these guys stronger than ever and in the best shape of their lives allowing them to bulk up yet not lose speed, etc.

Im pretty committed to Fuller or Verrett at #30. With this years WR depth, ai think they can be patient. I do think they may need to trade ip ithe 2nd though.