There are 361 users in the forums

Jason Verrett-CB-TCU

Originally posted by CWin4949:
Originally posted by Raul98:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
Trade up for Cooks, then trade right back up for Verrett.

Immediate contributors.

Dream scenario but Baalke wont do it cause it makes to much sense.

Never know, they have the ammo to do it.

One thing for sure, I never remember a time the Niners had such a talented roster AND so many quality draft picks to be able to not hurt the roster by moving up for a player(s) that could make an immediate impact.

It's going to be fun to watch....
Believe me i would love this scenario but Baalke will screw it up he will say Verrett doesn't have the right "look" hes not going to see his skills just his height but maybe we get lucky and he actually does his job and picks for talent and not looks. If we don't get Verrett i will be mad he can help this team.
We have a big need at nickel corner so taking the best nickel corner oin the draft who is also a bay area native makes a lot of sense.
Early returns look good. Verrett has been very impressive, PFF ranked his Week 1 performance 2nd among all CB's.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DeUh:
Still my overall favorite CB this year !

Pretty crazy how much muscles he put on this off season.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Early returns look good. Verrett has been very impressive, PFF ranked his Week 1 performance 2nd among all CB's.

Yeah he looked real good.
Originally posted by WINiner:

I want to see him shut down Percy this weekend
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:

Thats a great match up, Verrett has looked solid so far, Mr. Glass will be a good test.
Originally posted by WINiner:

I agree with that
How useful would Verett be for us right now since we are so thin at corner i don't get why they passed on him hes A WAYYYYY better corner than Ward.
How useful would Verett be for us right now since we are so thin at corner i don't get why they passed on him hes A WAYYYYY better corner than Ward.

i think that is a rash statement. ward is versatile tho and is meant to be our future safety

Verrett was taken with the 25th overall pick while the Niners chose Ward with the 29th pick. They didn't "pass" on Verrett. They might not have had the opportunity to trade up for him, or maybe they were hoping he fell to them. Ward has done very well though and will only get better with our coaches.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
another player who hates to lose. that's what you look for in the draft.
I figured when Belicheck took a player with a bum knee that it was almost next to impossible to trade up unless you gave up a lot like Buffalo did.

Verrett was taken with the 25th overall pick while the Niners chose Ward with the 29th pick. They didn't "pass" on Verrett. They might not have had the opportunity to trade up for him, or maybe they were hoping he fell to them. Ward has done very well though and will only get better with our coaches.

All they had to do was move up about 3 spots to get him they had the amo to do it with. Verrett is good enough to where he could have started tomorrow at the outside corner if needed i don't think Ward is there yet.
All they had to do was move up about 3 spots to get him they had the amo to do it with. Verrett is good enough to where he could have started tomorrow at the outside corner if needed i don't think Ward is there yet.

They don't want Ward to play outside corner. If they wanted an outside corner they would've drafted Roby. We have two starters in Cully and Brock. Ward is an attempt to maintain run support in the nickel. All the SEC defenses run a 4 2 5 a majority of the time and you're nickel has to be stout in run support. It doesn't take much college tape to see Verrett was an awful tackler. We drafted what we needed and Ward was a great fit.
Share 49ersWebzone