There are 430 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jason Verrett-CB-TCU

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Much of football is a one-on-one game, and Verrett matched up very well against some pretty good competition the past few years, including the pair of LSU WRs this season.

I get what you're saying and I do think individual match-ups gives some insight into a prospect's potential. It certainly doesn't look bad on Verrett's resume that he played well against excellent college WRs.

However, I have to disagree that "much" of football is about one-on-one match-ups... at least at the NFL level. I think only the best players are ever left on an island. The vast majority of the time, it's all about playing together as a team. If one unit doesn't do it's job, the whole team suffers. Coaching is also just as important as player talent (even more so in some cases).

Sorry to rant about something off subject. It's just because that's one of my favorite things about football.
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
"with the 30th pick the san francisco 49ers select cornerback jason verrett TCU"

cant wait to hear it may 8th

Kiper's mock latest has us bypassing and leaving Verrett on the board and selecting Jordan Matthews WR.

I'm not buying.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Apr 24, 2014 at 4:09 PM ]
I heard Roby just got a DUI, if we want Verrett were probably gonna have to trade up.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
I heard Roby just got a DUI, if we want Verrett were probably gonna have to trade up.
Never wanted Roby and the last thing we need is more off the field issues.

Not sure we will have to move up. So much depends on the QBs. Could be a late first round run on them, which would drive him down the board.
I think Baalke will try a late trade upwards to snag Gilbert or Dennard in the late teens if one of them is available. If they're both off the board, Verrett may be the guy we take at #30.

You heard wrong. He wasn't even charged. Roby was just asleep in his car with a miniscule amount of alcohol in his system (10% of the legal limit).
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Apr 24, 2014 at 10:07 PM ]
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
"with the 30th pick the san francisco 49ers select cornerback jason verrett TCU"

cant wait to hear it may 8th

I want to hear that as bad as you do the only problem is it might have to go something like this.

"with the 20th pick the san francisco 49ers select cornerback jason verrett TCU"

It may not be 20 but i do think they'll have to move up to get him but they have the picks to do and they wont have to move up a lot to get him. Or if there lucky he falls to 30 and they don't have to do anything.
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Kiper's mock latest has us bypassing and leaving Verrett on the board and selecting Jordan Matthews WR.

I'm not buying.

kiper is a dumbass. i wish i can get paid just to do mock drafts and "analysis"
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by OldJoe:

I'm not buying.

kiper is a dumbass. i wish i can get paid just to do mock drafts and "analysis"
Hey Kiper the 80's called they want there hair back
the more tape I'm seeing of Verrett , the more I want us to grab him , we will have a defender to stick with the faster slot receivers in the league , and being we have tavon austin & percy harvin in our division, plus we will see desean jackson , wes welker next year , we will have the speed to defend these guys and shut their asses down
I like verrett alot but as a slot corner I don't see it as a value pick in the 1st round also durability issues a concern
[ Edited by 49er_Rider on Apr 25, 2014 at 8:34 AM ]
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
I like verrett alot but as a slot corner I don't see it as a value pick in the 1st round also durability issues a concern

I bet he'll be an every down guy pretty soon, wherever he goes. Dude can play, and he's about a credit card shorter than Brock.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:

If Verner, who is about 1/2 inch taller than Verrett can be a #1 CB, I think Verrett can definitely more than just a slot corner. Anyone who pidgeon holes him as nothing more than a slot corner hasnt seen enough of his performance and severly underestimates the value of a top caliber CB who can defend the slot. This isnt the 1980s, you have more and more teams lining up their #1 WRs in the slot and you need someone who can lock those guys down.
The closer we get to draft day the more i worry that Baalke wont pick this guy hes going to focus to much on his height rather than his skills and he will instead pick a 6'5 receiver who will sit on the bench most of the year.