There are 116 users in the forums

2014 NFL Combine

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Logan Thomas....man, if he ever puts it all together......... 6'6", 248, almost 11 inch hands.

TE/H-back???
Logan Thomas....man, if he ever puts it all together......... 6'6", 248, almost 11 inch hands.

someone might take him in the 4th just for his potential, alone. i see him more of a 5th rd prospect, but Harbaugh might be able to work his wonders with Logan.

Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
not hating on Landry. he's still one of my favorite players in the draft, but in our position, it would be a difficult choice for me to choose between him and Cooks.

Depends on what they prioritize. For pure hands and route running, you really can't miss with Landry and he's got a better build than Cooks.

Landry is a safe player and can really have a career close to Boldin's. Cooks is another one of my faves. He's got that strong work ethic, explosive with the ball, and very versatile.

Won't be mad if we get one of these guys
^^ Cooks is definitely more explosive, but I love Landry's hands, short-area quickness and the way he fights for the ball. To me, Landry is a thicker, stronger version of Patton.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Davante Adams is a Raider fan

Time to make him a 49ers fan

wouldn't be mad. he reminds me of a slightly slower Crabtree

I thought he was supposed to be a speed guy?

WTF

nope. i'm interested on his measurables. site has him listed at 6'2''. could end up being 6'.

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn
Davante Adams was 6'1" and 212 pounds at the weigh in.

If anybody recalls me doing it, I was able to find out what games we sent scouts to for the 2012 season . I didn't have the same luck this year but Baalke was at the Fresno St-San Jose St game this season, and reportedly other FSU games (I couldn't find multiple reports of him being at other games, just speculation).

Only prospects of note at the game were really Fales, Carr, and Adams with the rest being UDFA guys IMO. So read into that however you guys want. Historically we've drafted the players from positional groups that Gamble or Baalke personally scouted.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 21, 2014 at 9:52 AM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
^^ Cooks is definitely more explosive, but I love Landry's hands, short-area quickness and the way he fights for the ball. To me, Landry is a thicker, stronger version of Patton.

I would like to see the Niners get the more explosive game breaker to compliment Crabs, Patton, and hopefully Boldin.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I would like to see the Niners get the more explosive game breaker to compliment Crabs, Patton, and hopefully Boldin.

As much of a Landry fan as I am, I agree.

TE/H-back???

he was recruited as a TE coming out of HS, if i remember right.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

As much of a Landry fan as I am, I agree.

this is why i'd be happy with Landry or Cooks. but if i'm greedy, draft them both in the 2nd lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran

TE/H-back???

yea but the coaches immediately switched him to QB and he's shown no desire to switch back.
Originally posted by sfout:

TE/H-back???

yea but the coaches immediately switched him to QB and he's shown no desire to switch back.

i wonder how well he can digest a playbook...

Those two wrs are who I want. Both are going to be studs.

Please make it happen Baalke.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Carlos Hyde and Andre Williams are both built like friggin' battering rams. Hopefully one or the other would turn out to be as good as Lynch.

Dont forget about Tre Mason. He packs a punch in his lighter frame. And he has outstanding balance to go with his toughness
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Well Brandon Coleman is really 6'6" 225 - 9 1/4 hands

Wisconsin WR Jared Abbrederis is 6'1" 195 - hands of 9 5/8

Fresno St. WR DaVante Adams is 6'1" 212 with 9 inch hands

Former Vanderbilt WR Chris Boyd is 6'4" 206 - hands of 9 5/8

Wake Forest WR Michael Campanaro is 5'9" 192 -- WF had him listed at 5'11" - hand size of 9 3/4

Texas WR Mike Davis is 6'0" 195 -- Texas said he was 6'2" but he has 10 inch hands

Ole Miss WR Donte Moncrief is 6'2" 222 -- Ole Miss had him at 6'3" - hands of 9 1/8

Oklahoma WR Jalen Sanders is 5'9 165 -- His listed weight was 157 on ESPN so he hopefully he can legitimately add muscle. - hand size of 8 7/8

Baylor WR Tevin Reese is 5'11" 163 -- Weight is down 7 pounds from the 170 listed by Baylor - hand size of 8 5/8

Colorado WR Paul Richardson is 6'0" 175 -- Identical to his listed measurements from his school - hand size of 8 5/8

Then because I have to.....

Utah WR Anthony Denham projects to the NFL as TE/H-Back came in identical to his school listed measurements 6'4" 235 10.5 hands

those are the ones I care to post.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 21, 2014 at 11:22 AM ]
these receivers have some huge hands:

Beckham - 10''
Landry - 10 1/4''
Cooks - 9 5/8''
Benjamin - 10 1/4''
Evans - 9 5/8''
Matthews - 10 3/8''
Watkins - 9 5/8''

other receiver notes:

Moncrief - 6'2'', 221 lbs, 9 1/8''
Robinson - 9 1/2''
Lee - 9 1/2''
Josh Huff-5'11", 206, very nice size for a speedy guy.

Robert Herron-5'9", 193, also built well for a deep threat.

Jeff Janis-6'3", 219, terrific height/weight combination.

Shaq Evans of UCLA-6'1", 213, very well built later round prospect.
Share 49erswebzone