LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

2014 NFL Combine

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Eric Ebron measured in at 6 foot 4 and 3/8ths of an inch and 250 pounds. Taller than I thought he would measure. Should have a huge combine.

wow UNC didn't really embellish his height(6'4" listed) at all and he is 5 pounds heavier than his listed weight from them as well.
Eric Ebron measured in at 6 foot 4 and 3/8ths of an inch and 250 pounds. Taller than I thought he would measure. Should have a huge combine.

could end up being a top 15 or 20 pick
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

wow UNC didn't really embellish his height(6'4" listed) at all and he is 5 pounds heavier than his listed weight from them as well.
Kind of curious, since they measure everyone down to 1/8" inch and weigh them accurately at the combine do College teams still embellish guy's size? Back in my day your basic player got 2" and 20 pounds+ added to him from the start of High School ball through College.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by sfout:

Kind of curious, since they measure everyone down to 1/8" inch and weigh them accurately at the combine do College teams still embellish guy's size? Back in my day your basic player got 2" and 20 pounds+ added to him from the start of High School ball through College.

Some schools still do it by up 2 inches, like a guy measures at 6 feet 2.5 inches and the school says he's 6'4. The last 3-4 years I've seen most of the bigger schools have been fairly truthful with height, only rounding up the next inch marker.

Weight it depends on the position but I've seen skill position players have 3-7 pounds of weight difference at weigh-ins. OL/DL has usually been about the same or the player comes in heavier than the listed weight.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:

could end up being a top 15 or 20 pick

A lot of mock drafts have him going top 15 already.
Washington TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins measured in at 6 foot 5 and 1/2 inch and 262 pounds. Notre Dame TE Troy Niklas measured in at 6 foot 6 and a 1/2 and 270 pounds. Big TEs this year in the draft.
Washington TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins measured in at 6 foot 5 and 1/2 inch and 262 pounds. Notre Dame TE Troy Niklas measured in at 6 foot 6 and a 1/2 and 270 pounds. Big TEs this year in the draft.

ASJ is a freak of nature. Patriots or ATL gonna draft him.

Jace Amaro might be the most talented and he's got both tremendous size and reach. 6'5", 265 with 34 inch arms.
Greg Robinson of Auburn, 6'5", 332 with 35 inch arms, freakish tackle.
Nic Jacobs, formerly of LSU, is built pretty damn well too. 6'5", 269, 34 1/2 inch arms, 10 inch hands.

Originally posted by buck:
Jim Harbaugh will be interviewed at the combine today--Thursday, 20th

12:15-12:30 p.m. - Jim Harbaugh, 49ers head coach

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2014/2/20/5428728/nfl-scouting-combine-thursday-schedule

Andrew Jackson, Justin Ellis, Jimmie Ward, Pierre Desir, Jonathan Dowling and Jimmy Garoppolo are all guys I'm going to be following especially.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Greg Robinson of Auburn, 6'5", 332 with 35 inch arms, freakish tackle.

I think he will be a Ram. Either at the 2nd pick or a trade down.
  • buck
  • Veteran
The weigh in results are in for offensive linemen and tight ends.

Here is a site with the results.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AseLAGMydisldHE0Rl9kOGxPXzhPckREX3NQd0dQTGc&usp=drive_web#gid=3

edit: whoops. I just noticed that the site does list the 8ths of an inch on the heights.

Here is another site that incudes the 8ths. It is slower to load all the information.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014-nfl-combine-results-offensive-linemen/
[ Edited by buck on Feb 20, 2014 at 1:01 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

if robinson becomes a ram, that's bad news for us. that guy has rare jolt in the run game. he's more powerful than kyle long (someone with rare, natural strength).
robinson will make their run game much better. if he's wired right mentally, he's a perennial all-pro.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

if robinson becomes a ram, that's bad news for us. that guy has rare jolt in the run game. he's more powerful than kyle long (someone with rare, natural strength).
robinson will make their run game much better. if he's wired right mentally, he's a perennial all-pro.

why the comparison with a player that isn't on the rams and plays a different position?
Share 49ersWebzone