LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

2014 NFL Combine

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
Mike Evans 35 1/8" arms...

Welcome to the 49ers!

Benjamin's arms came in at 34 7/8". It's going to be interesting to see what Benjamin and Evans run. I'd happily take either one of them regardless.

Welp.. we know who we are taking round 1.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 21, 2014 at 4:01 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Damn. Those are some freak arms.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Welcome to the 49ers!

Benjamin's arms came in at 34 7/8". It's going to be interesting to see what Benjamin and Evans run. I'd happily take either one of them regardless.

Benjamin at 240? eh pass might be a tight end in a few years
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

Damn. Those are some freak arms.

his 231 lbs a little scary his 40 time and bench press are going to be big
  • buck
  • Veteran
Lol you do you we were like 3 pages removed from that insanity right Buck? All you did was bring it back.

Sorry. I will think a bit more before I post and be more circumspect.
Btw here's where I got that info. http://q.usatoday.com/2014/02/21/nfl-combine-measurements-johnny-manziel-mike-evans-logan-thomas/
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Lol you do you we were like 3 pages removed from that insanity right Buck? All you did was bring it back.

Sorry. I will think a bit more before I post and be more circumspect.

haha all good right? No need for the dunce hat. I now know that people can't infer meaning on the internet and that people's sarcasm meters were off today. Lesson learned on delving into a topic unrelated to football.

I was away from the laptop for a few hours so now I have to catch up to all the new info from the bench press and arm lengths. Like Evans' arms, jesus christo maybe Baalke will want him just for those limbs.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Btw here's where I got that info. http://q.usatoday.com/2014/02/21/nfl-combine-measurements-johnny-manziel-mike-evans-logan-thomas/

Takes from that article.

Jordan Lynch's claims about scouts telling him he can be a QB actually means "They told me I could be a #3 QB in the NFL". His tiny arms and hands at just 6 feet? Good luck playing QB IMO

WTF was JC Copeland thinking, a 271 pound FB? He making a switch to DL? lol....

Andre Williams falls into the Baalke arm love fest w/ 33.5 inch arms

My lone offensive attendee from Utah, Anthony Denham,has some monster measureables. I can only hope he shows something worthwhile to be a late round/UDFA. Good to see that Utah didn't embellish his size at all at 6'4" 235 and 10.5" hands. Wonder what he'll run.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 21, 2014 at 4:14 PM ]

Originally posted by Harbaalke:

Calvin Johnson weighed 239 at his combine weigh-in. Just sayin'.

Takes from that article.

Jordan Lynch's claims about scouts telling him he can be a QB actually means "They told me I could be a #3 QB in the NFL". His tiny arms and hands at just 6 feet? Good luck playing QB IMO

WTF was JC Copeland thinking, a 271 pound FB? He making a switch to DL? lol....

Andre Williams falls into the Baalke arm love fest w/ 33.5 inch arms

My lone offensive attendee from Utah, Anthony Denham,has some monster measureables. I can only hope he shows something worthwhile to be a late round/UDFA. Good to see that Utah didn't embellish his size at all at 6'4" 235 and 10.5" hands. Wonder what he'll run.

Jake Murphy is there at TE also.

Ill put my money he won't run a 4.3 Johnson is a freak maybe next year Dorial Green Beckham can match Johnson

Ill put my money he won't run a 4.3 Johnson is a freak maybe next year Dorial Green Beckham can match Johnson

You said you wanted to pass on him due to his weight. I was just pointing out that weighing nearly 240 hasn't been a problem for Calvin Johnson, who also happens to be 6'5".

But yes, it is likely he won't run a 4.32 like Calvin Johnson ran. And I'm not comparing him to Calvin, even though his college stats were eerily similar.

Calvin Johnson's third year at GT: 76 catches for 1202 yards and 15 TDs, 15.8 ypc... Never broke 1000 prior to that season.
Kelvin Benjamin's second year at FSU: 54 catches for 1011 yards and 15 TDs, 18.7 ypc... Never broke 1000 prior to that season.

Again, not comparing him to Calvin... yet. It's virtually impossible to project someone becoming a Megatron-level player--part of why Calvin got picked behind JaMarcus Russell.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if he ran in the neighborhood of 4.5, which would be more than adequate. Dez Bryant ran a 4.52, for comparison.

Bottom line: he's not going to end up at TE.
Dez Bryant ran a 4.52, for comparison.

Dez Bryant didn't run at the combine. That was a pro day time, and there are too many variables to compare combine numbers to pro day numbers.
Share 49ersWebzone