There are 150 users in the forums

2014 NFL Combine

Originally posted by kronik:
Does this guy know what a gym looks like? Is he kidding that he thinks he can be an NFL player with that body? Imagine his work ethic.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Does this guy know what a gym looks like? Is he kidding that he thinks he can be an NFL player with that body? Imagine his work ethic.

the sex with katherine webb is obviously all the workouts he needs

So he got flabby since she dumped him? Just sayin', but she doesn't look like the type of chick whose sex is a workout. More like the "don't mess up my hair" type.

That said, I'm sure the underwear walkthrough was enough to drop him down boards. All he has to do is exercise, and he looks like that? Would not draft, in any round.
stupid double post...

I'm so ashamed
[ Edited by WRATHman44 on Feb 21, 2014 at 2:34 PM ]
Originally posted by genus49:

exception more than the rule. Even Pey Pey works out and that guy's a 50 year old quadrapalegic
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
exception more than the rule. Even Pey Pey works out and that guy's a 50 year old quadrapalegic

It points to the fact that QBs for the most part aren't all cut up like Kap is.

AJ may be a lazy douche but he obviously works out because otherwise he wouldn't be able to play at such a high level even at college.

Yes, I'm aware of Brady. But take a look at the QB's in the past 10+ years. Players are getting bigger stronger faster. A player that doesn't work out in today's age is at a huge disadvantage. Probably with the lowest work ethic as well. BTW, I think Brady was lucky to be drafted into a good situation. He would've sucked in Cleveland. So over-rated imo
[ Edited by kronik on Feb 21, 2014 at 3:15 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Benjamin with only 4% body fat

lol no Alshon fat controversy 2.0 with him.

That does kind of scare me though. You can't live at 4.0 body fat year round, it would require OCD level eating habits and strict monitoring by a physician along with coupled with the intense NFL work outs....Edit: So he truly has NFL level work ethic or he is going to jump right back up to his normal weight after the combine.

4% BFP at 240 means he's be'd be tipping 250 if he gets up near 10%+ BFP which I would call normal for a skill position player in the NFL.

But then again he would essentially just be what Vernon will be when he loses a step. As Vernon is 6'3" 250 and runs in the 4.4s...wonder what VD's BFP is lol.

I had no idea that that body fat % was measured at the combine.

Wait a minute--they are not.

I believe that there standard ways that body fat is measured.

When you all have numbers derived from those tests, get back to us.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 21, 2014 at 3:18 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Keep arm length, history in mind for bench press

The players are asked to lift 225 pounds as many times as possible without stopping. The event measures upper body strength obviously, but also stamina. Scouts expect offensive linemen to challenge the 25 rep mark and take note of players who break the 30 repetitions, especially if the athletes possesses long arms. Players with shorter arms have a natural advantage when lifting weights, just like athletes with shorter legs are generally quicker and often faster than their taller peers.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24451528/nfl-combine-keep-arm-length-history-in-mind-for-bench-press
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Perhaps we can take the physiology conversation (as interesting as it is) to another forum and keep to NFL combine discussions.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Perhaps we can take the physiology conversation (as interesting as it is) to another forum and keep to NFL combine discussions.

Lol you do you we were like 3 pages removed from that insanity right Buck? All you did was bring it back.

Anything else of note happen today with the bench press?

Jace Amaro, 28 reps on bench
Mike Evans 35 1/8" arms...
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Buchy:
Sorry dude but pfizz is right, his first pic is 4% body fat and Ryan Reynolds was most definitely not 3% bf for Blade Trinity, that figure is on the verge of actually killing yourself.

You need to realise that bodyfat measurements include the non sub-cutaneous fat - e.g. all the fat that cushions your joints, ligaments, organs etc.

I do realize that. He's the one who got literal with it.

Disputing individual claims is asinine. multiple "fitness mags" did interviews with him and the trainer from that movie. Even if you factor in the subcutaneous fat he was still below 8 which is equal to what Benjamin is under this same context.

If you say that regarding Vernon's claim of being at 3-4% and add another 3-4% for subcutaneous he is still a freak.

My entire point is that individual body types portray and carry BFP and muscular structures differently from person to person, especially when you factor in the activities that the individuals are involved with.

A body builder doesn't need to develop the quick twitch, lean but dense muscles that athletes develop. They focus on shape and size, depending on the competition go in completely different directions than professional athletes.

No, you were the one who questioned whether KB could survive at his current level of body fat. Ha, come on, man. That's one of the more absurd concerns I've ever heard. He's nowhere near unhealthy levels of leanness.

These body fat figures are misleading. There are tons of guys every year who measure in at 4% using the NFL's methods. It's certainly not a cause for concern.
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
Mike Evans 35 1/8" arms...

Welcome to the 49ers!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
His douchebag quotient is through the roof, nothing to do with his tattoo's either, he just seems to act entitled.

Sports misc says tats on a QB = insta douche

So this makes sense.

And we all know the Sports Misc. is always right. That's why I listened to Shweezy and bet the deed to my house on the Broncos.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Feb 21, 2014 at 3:44 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone