LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 142 users in the forums

2014 NFL Combine

Originally posted by sfout:
Didn't he have freak arms? Would you say that is an acceptable or fantastic # for his arm length?

Fantastic for his arm length, in terms of size and strength, the ideal tackle.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
If Ellington's arms check in at 31.5 or 32 or longer I believe that would qualify as "Orangutan" arms for his height of 5'9".
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Greg Robinson with 32 reps on the bench

Didn't he have freak arms? Would you say that is an acceptable or fantastic # for his arm length?

yea that's VERY good for his arm length
hearing that AJ McCarron is doing horrible with interviews. acting extremely cocky. opposite of humble. oh, and he has a terrible tattoo

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Vance-McDonald-Quinton-Patton-to-Expand-Roles/a2153711-f205-4289-8a2c-b0f9561f8996

This is more draft related and not combine but this is why I think we should be focusing on 3rd round WRs, no early than our own 2nd, when watching WRs this weekend.

Yea Harbaugh loves competition but if we have another 1st round WR sit on the bench for year I'll lose my mind. Even if he is meant to replace Crabtree or Boldin it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. But knowing how the world works were going to end up taking a WR first now

Niners draft well when they balance need and talent. I highly doubt they're playing the "we shouldn't draft position x here because in round 2 or 3 we can get another player at position x who is not much worse"

When you do that you're taking a gamble that other teams won't take the players you have targeted. If the niners like a player they should draft him whether they expect him to play right away or redshirt somewhat his rookie season. Any receiver we draft will likely very few snaps especially if we re-sign Boldin. Just the way this passing offense works.

You don't pass up good talent because fans are impatient and want to see first round picks play right away. This team has gone to 3 NFC Championship games in a row. Very few players will start for them as rookies and that's a good thing.
hearing that AJ McCarron is doing horrible with interviews. acting extremely cocky. opposite of humble. oh, and he has a terrible tattoo

His douchebag quotient is through the roof, nothing to do with his tattoo's either, he just seems to act entitled.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 21, 2014 at 1:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
His douchebag quotient is through the roof.

gotta admit, if his draft stock falls because of it, i'd take a chance late 4th
Russell Bodine with 42 reps on the bench. most so far among OL
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
His douchebag quotient is through the roof, nothing to do with his tattoo's either, he just seems to act entitled.

Sports misc says tats on a QB = insta douche

So this makes sense.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
I think he'll jump pretty well and I hope he runs well, but yeah he's not going to put up Calvin Johnson numbers. Megatron ran a 4.35 in someone elses shoes, 42.5 inch vert, and a 11'7 broad jump. Just insane numbers.

If Benjamin runs a 4.5 and a 35 vert, I'm all about us getting him!

Lyerla with 15 reps on the bench. lowest of all TEs
If Ellington's arms check in at 31.5 or 32 or longer I believe that would qualify as "Orangutan" arms for his height of 5'9".

Looks like he's got 31. Still plenty long
Lyerla with 15 reps on the bench. lowest of all TEs

Strange, since it's been reported that he chose to forgo rehab to focus on training for the combine. I guess he forgot that bench press was one of the measurements.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
^^ Cooks is definitely more explosive, but I love Landry's hands, short-area quickness and the way he fights for the ball. To me, Landry is a thicker, stronger version of Patton.

Does this guy know what a gym looks like? Is he kidding that he thinks he can be an NFL player with that body? Imagine his work ethic.
Originally posted by kronik:
Does this guy know what a gym looks like? Is he kidding that he thinks he can be an NFL player with that body? Imagine his work ethic.

the sex with katherine webb is obviously all the workouts he needs
Share 49ersWebzone