There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 NFL Combine

Someone less lazy than I should break out the CB Phillip Gaines from Rice thread!

Me wants!

height: 6003
weight: 193
arms: 31 7/8
hands: 9 5/8
40 time: 4.38
bench: 11
vertical: 36.5"
b-jump: 10'2"
3-cone: 6.62
shuttle: 4.04

4 INTs (13 games).. 9 passes broken up.. 36 tackles..
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Someone less lazy than I should break out the CB Phillip Gaines from Rice thread!

Me wants!

If the 49ers select 2 CBs in this draft my money is on Phillip Gaines will be one of them. The 49ers have already met with him long before the Combines
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Eric Wright is also 5'10".

In the past 10 years The 49ers have selected 18 DBs in the draft of those only 5 have heights less than 6'0
Only 1 DB was selected higher than the 6th round ( Tarell Brown 5th Round 2007)
The fact that the 49ers had Brock starting was more due to injury (BTW I believe he was our best CB last year) but he earned his starting job the hard way, and of course I need not remind anyone he was undrafted. The loss of Cooper also affected the size of the defensive backfield He would have been called to duty if he would have ever made it to the PS instead of Morris. Morris was great on ST for us but I am sure everyone of us wishes Cooper was in a 49ers uniform regardless... The 49ers like size in their secondary no if and buts about that. This years draft has many CBs with length and long arms and I am sure Baalke knows the name of all of them and he will be calling the name of a few of them on draft day...Baalke will have the jumbo size defenders in the secondary, that he has always emvisioned
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Joyner is all heart, but at 5'8", 189 and running an official 4.53 and 4.52, which will probably be adjusted toward 4.6, serious questions

3rd round, baby. hope he slides. baller
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Phillip Gaines looks really good, He has Officially Turned Into My Draft Crush
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
If the 49ers select 2 CBs in this draft my money is on Phillip Gaines will be one of them. The 49ers have already met with him long before the Combines

Where did you see that?
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Where did you see that?

The 49ers met with Gaines before the East West Shrine game
It was reported at that time

Thanks, and yes please

Where did you see that?

and from that meeting at EW Shrine you deduced with certainty that TB is going to draft him. Oh ok. And here I was thinking that I was the one predicting the outcome of the future.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Me wants!

I Agree With This. LetS Get A Thread With highlights And Breakdown Of Him.

I Would Do It Myself, But Ain't Nobody Got Time For That.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Where did you see that?

and from that meeting at EW Shrine you deduced with certainty that TB is going to draft him. Oh ok. And here I was thinking that I was the one predicting the outcome of the future.
Did I say that????? I was just indicating Gaines has been on the 49ers Radar for some time now...quite some time in fact. He appears to be a very solid later round option... a typical Baalke pick. If you want to call that making predictions, I sure as hell wouldn't call it that. I have no idea what the 49ers are going to do but I can speculate just as much as anyone else I never made claims that is what will happen I just said Phillip Raines
has a very good chance of being selected by the 49ers as a 2nd CB later in the draft