LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 143 users in the forums

2014 NFL Combine

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Definitely. Press cover who can turn and run with most NFL WRs. Sounds like a Seahawk to me.

Call me crazy but I think Joyner would be a good fit with them as a slot corner. Physical, tough, great instincts, would be scary in their system.

Agreed....much better version of Walter Thurmond.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Definitely. Press cover who can turn and run with most NFL WRs. Sounds like a Seahawk to me.

Call me crazy but I think Joyner would be a good fit with them as a slot corner. Physical, tough, great instincts, would be scary in their system.

Yep said it a few days ago. Everyone is talking about that quick recievers give them problems. Dont fool yourselves and think they dont know that too and coul pick Verrett or Joyner.
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 25, 2014 at 9:36 AM ]
Jean-Baptise in any other system than Seattle's is an awesome FS prospect.
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 1m Jason Verrett 4.38 official 40-time

Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 13s Justin Gilbert official 40- 4.37
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Kyle Fuller looking more and more like a 1st round CB.

mentioned it a week ago that he was gonna have a big day at the combine and can finally solidify himself as a solid late 1st rd prospect

If Dennard and Gilbert are gone (....which is almost a certainty after their workouts), I would love to get this kid on the team with our late first round pick.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Feb 25, 2014 at 9:34 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Watkins second at 4.44. Good corner with very little buzz right now.

one of my favorite prospects
Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks 1m Pryor and Clinton-Dix both ran 4.58 officially.
Roby with an official 4.39 and a crazy 10 yard split.
Verrett with an official time of 4.38, Roby with 4.39.
Phillip Gaines, 4.38 official

Dennard-4.51

• DeUh
  • Veteran
I like how they arre not talking about my dude Rashaad Reynolds. He looks smooth. He will fly under the radar right to San Francisco !
Kyle fuller has got my attention
Phillip Gaines, 4.38 official

Dennard-4.51

Didn't think Gaines would run that fast, but I'm convinced with his height, length, coverage skills and tenacity, he'll be a top-flight NFL CB.
If we do draft Jason Verrett then at least the nickel corner experiment is over and we can release guys like Eric Wright and Perrish Cox. I'd be fine with Brock, Culliver and Verrett on the field.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Wont get passed the lions bro

Yeah, I wasn't expecting the 49ers drafting him without pulling off another huge trade. One can hope. He would excel in the 49ers defense.
Share 49ersWebzone