There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mock draft 1/15

This is my first post on the site but I love the draft process and would love feedback. I know it's way to early for a mock draft and baalke will be trading picks up and down and for future picks. This is more just a dream draft getting great prospect with great upside.

First I hope the niner resign Boldin he is a proven WR who Kap has great comfort with and fits our tough mind state.
I don't think we will bring Hitner back unfortunately unless he gives us a hometown discount.

In the draft I hope we trade up to get players who will make the team rather than drafting players in the later rounds hoping for gem.

1st trade: trade our 2nd round (64) and our 3rd round pick to move up in the second round.
2nd trade: trade down in 3rd round with the titans pick for a third this year and a 4th next year.
3rd trade: trade 2 7th round picks and a 6th round pick for a 4th round pick.

Round 1. Jason Verrett - CB TCU - he is my draft crush not as talked about as gilbert or Dennard but watching his game film available on YouTube is more impressive than most CB in recent history. Not a highlight reel stud, he is a little undersized. But show great instinct and incredible discipline. Would be a steal if he fell to is at number 32.

Round 2. After trade up. Allen Robinson - WR Penn state - great size attacks the ball at its highest point runs a pro style offense in college is great after the catch and is a willing blocker in the running game. Come draft time he could easily be gone by the time we pick in the first round. But with how loaded this draft is with WR I hope he slips through the cracks.

Round 2. KC pick. Travis Swanson - C Arkansas - going to need a replacement at center and I think if we were going to go to Kilgore we would have done it by now. Swanson is the best center in college and would be a day 1 starter and the end of the second round.

Round 3. Deone Buchanon - SS Washinton state - a good prospect to replace Hitner I don't see him starting day 1. We will probably bring in a vet ss to hold down the spot until he is ready. But he is a good tackler and is always around the ball on nearly every play and is a damn good ball hawk.

Round 3. Comp pick. Paul Richardson - WR Colorado - tremendous speed has to put on some muscle but could work the slot and be an asset to the team.

Round 4. After trade. Dominique Easley - 3-4 DE Florida - great prospect who may fall due to injury. Another draft and stash kinda player.

Round 4. Aaron Murray - QB Georgia - a solid back up could come in and be a game manager like Alex smith.

Round 5. Stanley Jean-Baptiste - CB Nebraska - great size speed combo but very raw due to being switched from WR to CB. With Eric wright riding the pine in the playoffs and cox getting all the snaps make me believe wright won't be back. This pick I'm not totally sold on but if we can coach this kid up we could have 4 solid corners in the very near future. If we don't get jean-b then Ricardo allen would fit this spot aswell

Round 7. Spencer Long - G Nebraska - more depth and with Iupati potantial departure might want to try for a gem from an injured player to be able to replace him if looney and Kilgore can't get it done.

Like I said it's my first mock and first post so go easy on me. Go niners 2 more wins!
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Jan 15, 2014 at 9:54 AM ]
This isnt bad, I Love Baptiste and Buchanon. but id rather trade up for benjamin or matthews in first. and grab kyle fuller in 2nd round and swap richardson for martavis bryant. and were good
The reason I went corner in the first is because if we resign Boldin our need for WR can wait until the second esspecially with the loaded draft at WR. Finding a shut down corner in the first round to come in a compliment cully and Brock would be better value in my opinion.
Unlikely we resign Boldin unless we plan on moving forward without aldon and crabs (Iupati isn't getting extended with us). CB is need #3 behind legitimate split end and best available safety prospect. Verrett and Buchanan would make a really talented young secondary along w E Reid and T Brock. I would be disappointed with the receivers here. With all the WR prospects this year, we could do much better IMO.
If we don't resign Boldin then I absolutely say we go 1st round WR but will have to trade up to get a WR better than What Boldin already provides. As far as not being able to bring crabs and Aldon back would be affected much by signing Boldin to a contract. We hopefully will be cutting Carlos Rogers which will free up cap room. Kap hasn't earned a 90 million + contract. Aldon should be a cheaper resign with off field issues. Crabs will cost a good amount. But I don't know the finances that well. Allen Robinson and Paul Richardson may not be the sexiest picks in the world I agree but after Watkins I don't feel there is another guy who is a sexy pick. Verrett IMO is the best player available at the end of the first round. With our nickle package being our main defense getting a 3rd corner is just as important as finding a number 2 wideout
Love it, don't think buchanon will last long, but fits needs and makes the team more complete.
Originally posted by Diaperfan:
Unlikely we resign Boldin unless we plan on moving forward without aldon and crabs (Iupati isn't getting extended with us). CB is need #3 behind legitimate split end and best available safety prospect. Verrett and Buchanan would make a really talented young secondary along w E Reid and T Brock. I would be disappointed with the receivers here. With all the WR prospects this year, we could do much better IMO.

Boldin can be re-signed with most of his cap hit coming in 2014 when (with cuts/restructures and the annual cap increase) we should have around $20M to play with. The big cap hits won't come until 2015 (extensions for Kap, Aldon and either Crabs or Iupati), so the only way Boldin doesn't come back is if he doesn't want to come back and have a front-loaded deal.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Boldin can be re-signed with most of his cap hit coming in 2014 when (with cuts/restructures and the annual cap increase) we should have around $20M to play with. The big cap hits won't come until 2015 (extensions for Kap, Aldon and either Crabs or Iupati), so the only way Boldin doesn't come back is if he doesn't want to come back and have a front-loaded deal.

I think 20 million to play w in the offseason might be too optimistic. I had us around 15M w roster cuts, salary cap increase and the 2.6 M roll over. Once you factor in the cost of drafting 6 times in the first three rounds and probably a few more afterwards, you re down ~5 million right there. So, with roughly 10M to play with, and a ton of guys to extend by the end of next season, you want to pay Boldin 6-8 M a year? I love the guy and would be pissed to see him go too, but common, this isn't Madden football.

Ghost, if my salary cap number is off, please let me know how. I like your number better than mine, and I d love to be wrong here.
[ Edited by Diaperfan on Jan 16, 2014 at 3:53 AM ]