LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Jarvis Landry-WR-LSU

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
probably never watched him play

I watched a ton of LSU this year. I wasn't overly impressed with Landry to begin with as an NFL prospect. Especially since I WAS impressed with Odell Beckham as a prospect; the 2nd best WR in an offense sometimes gets significantly less attention than the other guy. But him running a 4.77 / 1.65 sealed the deal for me. That's turtle-slow. You can't get away with that in the NFL. He's slower than any WR who's played in the NFL in the last decade.

I think Trent Murphy (6'5 250 pounds) just ran a 4.75 by the way. Christian Jones just ran a 4.6 (240 pounds).

just another comment to prove your statements all over the zone are full of integrity
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 24, 2014 at 11:57 AM ]
are 40s important? sure. but it isn't necessarily everything. what matters to me is Landry's ability to fight for the ball. his big hands. his drop rate percentage. there are plenty of receivers in the league that didn't impress anyone with the 40, but they make up for it with other skills. IMO, his hands are up there with Sammy Watkins.

Yes, Landry has good hands. He's tough. He's a good route runner. But when considering every factor I can't see him getting drafted before the late 6th round. That isn't to say he can't eventually develop into a slot receiver with some team, but I don't like his chances when this is probably the deepest draft since 2010.
are 40s important? sure. but it isn't necessarily everything. what matters to me is Landry's ability to fight for the ball. his big hands. his drop rate percentage. there are plenty of receivers in the league that didn't impress anyone with the 40, but they make up for it with other skills. IMO, his hands are up there with Sammy Watkins.

Yes, Landry has good hands. He's tough. He's a good route runner. But when considering every factor I can't see him getting drafted before the late 6th round. That isn't to say he can't eventually develop into a slot receiver with some team, but I don't like his chances when this is probably the deepest draft since 2010.

Great hands, good route runner, good production in the SEC, but he's a 6th rd prospect in your eyes? LOL wow.
Originally posted by DeUh:
just another comment to prove your statements all over the zone are full of integrity

Hold on... Jarvis? Is that you?

Sorry man, but you just don't measure up to the good WR prospects in this draft. Matthews, Watkins, Cooks, Moncrief, Evans, your teammate Beckham, Benjamin, Lee, Robinson, Ellington, Coleman, etc.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Feb 24, 2014 at 12:02 PM ]

Great hands, good route runner, good production in the SEC, but he's a 6th rd prospect in your eyes? LOL wow.

Just a few years ago you could say those things about Riley Cooper. He was a 5th round pick. And he was easily a better prospect than Jarvis Landry.

Or how 'bout SF's own Josh Morgan? He was a better prospect than Landry, and he lasted 'til the 6th round.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Feb 24, 2014 at 12:06 PM ]

Just a few years ago you could say those things about Riley Cooper. He was a 5th round pick. And he was easily a better prospect than Jarvis Landry.

Or how 'bout SF's own Josh Morgan? He was a better prospect than Landry, and he lasted 'til the 6th round.

agree to disagree. i don't think, coming out of college, that Cooper and Morgan were better than Landry. no way.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

Hold on... Jarvis? Is that you?

Sorry man, but you just don't measure up to the good WR prospects in this draft. Matthews, Watkins, Cooks, Moncrief, Evans, your teammate Beckham, Benjamin, Lee, Robinson, Ellington, Coleman, etc.

Nope I´m a musician. Also I´m a fan and do this for fun.

And cause I´m such a nice person I will answer your rubbish one last time.

I have never put Landry in any on my mocks here. My top 5 recievers in this draft class for the niners were always Beckham, Cooks, Matthews, Moncrief and Bryant. You can put Herron somewhere in that list too.

That doesn´t change the fact that Landry is a prospect I would love to have on the Niners roster.

You are one of those persons that pick the prospects with the best combine numbers and then think you actually know something about football when you obviously have no idea how to rate a player when you watch their tape. And thats cool. No hard feelings. But dont act like you know something about scouting and start discussions to prove your nonsense !

Have fun
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 24, 2014 at 12:28 PM ]
I didn't see Landry run, but didn't he pull up lame before the finish line? Isn't that why his time was so slow?
You are one of those persons that pick the prospects with the best combine numbers and then think you actually know something about football when you obviously have no idea how to rate a player when you watch their tape. And that's cool.

You are one of those people who assumes things you couldn't possibly know. And that's not cool. I was ranking wide receivers LAST OFFSEASON. Almost a year before the combine. Check the old Mel Kiper top 50 thread; I was probably the first person to endorse drafting Donte Moncrief on this forum.

Your straw man indictment is weak, and you simply don't know what you're doing if you think combine numbers don't matter at all.

If you don't believe me just watch Marqise Lee fall like a rock from his once-great pedestal and then pretend it wasn't because of his craptastic combine performance.

Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
I didn't see Landry run, but didn't he pull up lame before the finish line? Isn't that why his time was so slow?

If that's the case, then he should be able to beat his old time by at least 2 tenths of a second (and NFL players travel pretty far in 2 tenths of a second; they don't need a ton of room to be open) at LSU's pro day. But I'll believe it when I see it.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Feb 24, 2014 at 12:46 PM ]
Landry will not drop past the 3rd round, no matter what the 40 time. He is a Anquan Boldin clone who had good production in a top program in the toughest conference in college football. He will help himself if he runs a better 40 at this Pro Day, but his resume is pretty good already.
  • evil
  • Veteran
I watched a ton of LSU this year. I wasn't overly impressed with Landry to begin with as an NFL prospect. Especially since I WAS impressed with Odell Beckham as a prospect; the 2nd best WR in an offense sometimes gets significantly less attention than the other guy. But him running a 4.77 / 1.65 sealed the deal for me. That's turtle-slow. You can't get away with that in the NFL. He's slower than any WR who's played in the NFL in the last decade.

I think Trent Murphy (6'5 250 pounds) just ran a 4.75 by the way. Christian Jones just ran a 4.6 (240 pounds).

Anquan Boldin and Vincent Brown were 2nd and 3rd round choices respectively and both had similar times.

Boldin - 4.72/1.61
Brown - 4.68/1.65

Boldin and his turtle speed have been fine in the NFL and Brown is still developing with only 2 years of playing time under his belt (he lost a year due to the broken ankle).
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Your straw man indictment is weak, and you simply don't know what you're doing if you think combine numbers don't matter at all.

See thats exactly what I mean. Another one of your facts. Part of your rhetoric is to put words in peoples mouth to prove your nonsense. Thats pro trolling style.

Nevers said in a single statement that combine numbers dont matter at all.

Pbm? Keep it on subject please.
Share 49ersWebzone