There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jarvis Landry-WR-LSU

Hard not to be impressed with his hands but how is his speed? He doesn't have crazy good size so hopefully he is fast! We already have Crabs and Patton who are good possession receivers who make those catches so I'd rather get Beckham who has the wheels!
Originally posted by MTninerfan:
Hard not to be impressed with his hands but how is his speed? He doesn't have crazy good size so hopefully he is fast! We already have Crabs and Patton who are good possession receivers who make those catches so I'd rather get Beckham who has the wheels!

Why not both? Especially since it's no guarantee we will have Crabtree after 2014 and Boldin is not a longterm solution.
still my draft crush
"He reminds me of a quicker, faster but just as tough Hines Ward."-Mike Mayock.




"Landry to me, with his toughness and ability to play inside or outside, reminds me a little bit of Hines Ward. He's one of the physically toughest players in this draft, for any position. He catches everything, he's the kind of guy I'd like to have as a teammate, so I really like him.-Mike Mayock




Strong praise is strong indeed.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 22, 2014 at 12:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
"He reminds me of a quicker, faster but just as tough Hines Ward."-Mike Mayock.



"Landry to me, with his toughness and ability to play inside or outside, reminds me a little bit of Hines Ward. He's one of the physically toughest players in this draft, for any position. He catches everything, he's the kind of guy I'd like to have as a teammate, so I really like him.-Mike Mayock



Strong praise is strong indeed.

Unfortunately we need speed at the WR position NOT another possession WR. I like the kid but NOT a fit with Boldin coming back imo
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Unfortunately we need speed at the WR position NOT another possession WR. I like the kid but NOT a fit with Boldin coming back imo

Are you expecting Boldin to play on forever or what? I think Landry's attitude would be perfect for this team. Physical, tough, a scrappy guy, putting him together with Boldin to learn from.....oh man, it doesn't get anymore perfect than that. Thinking about the potential of a future Dirty South WR group with Patton, Landry and Moncrief...
  • pfizz
  • Member
  • Posts: 171
DRAFT HIM. there is a very good chance with the contract extensions of kaep and aldon that we lose crabtree next year and boldin aint playing for much longer. this guy has the potential to be your Z wide receiver for the next decade.
[ Edited by pfizz on Feb 22, 2014 at 1:03 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Unfortunately we need speed at the WR position NOT another possession WR. I like the kid but NOT a fit with Boldin coming back imo

Are you expecting Boldin to play on forever or what? I think Landry's attitude would be perfect for this team. Physical, tough, a scrappy guy, putting him together with Boldin to learn from.....oh man, it doesn't get anymore perfect than that. Thinking about the potential of a future Dirty South WR group with Patton, Landry and Moncrief...

I like your style lol but in reality Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, Baldwin we might have 1 maybe 2 Wrs options in this draft and I'm sure its going to be speed guys
  • titan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,756
WR or CB I would be happy!!!!
If we don't take Jordan Matthews, Jarvis Landry is who I prefer with our first 2nd round pick. I am wondering how the Baldwin restructuring may effect the draft strategy. I am on the draft two or three receivers bandwagon, but I'm not so certain that happens anymore.
  • DeUh
  • Member
  • Posts: 2,917
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
If we don't take Jordan Matthews, Jarvis Landry is who I prefer with our first 2nd round pick. I am wondering how the Baldwin restructuring may effect the draft strategy. I am on the draft two or three receivers bandwagon, but I'm not so certain that happens anymore.

This could mean pretty much everything.

A) They still believe in him.

B) They think he provides good enough depth.

C) They only want him for camp competition.

D) They want other teams to think that WR isn´t really a need at this point.

etc.

I dont think it will affect their draft strategy.
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 22, 2014 at 5:48 PM ]
There are very few complete receivers like Landry in this draft. If we want a complete polished receiver from our draft position, there is almost no better choice in this draft than Landry.
Originally posted by boast:
still my draft crush

Mine as well, hope he is terrible today and falls off all of the other draft boards. Baalke may actually be able to draft a good WR.
How far does this drop Landry? We see this every year at the combine, but when a sub 6 footer runs the slowest 40 and has some of the worse workout results, he is going to drop. I could see him sliding to the 3rd round.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
How far does this drop Landry? We see this every year at the combine, but when a sub 6 footer runs the slowest 40 and has some of the worse workout results, he is going to drop. I could see him sliding to the 3rd round.

It depends on what he looks like at his Pro Day. The Boldin comparison is even more legit now as Boldin had a lousy Combine too, dropped a lot of passes in the drills. If you watch his actual game performances, it clears that the talent is there with Landry, I think he might go back to the mid to late 2nd round now, if he falls any further then he becomes an absolutely ridiculous steal.
...