LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Jarvis Landry-WR-LSU

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I want two receivers. One ridiculously quick and speedy guy, another one who can just flat out dominate with his toughness, hands, and route-running. We all love the 6-4 receivers, but sometimes the 6-0 guy is simply the better player.

Landry doesn't have amazing size at only 6-0, but the way he plays the game leads me to believe he is going to develop into a starting receiver in the NFL.

I concurr
He reminds me of Victor Cruz.
Landry looks like he could replace Boldin's skillset perfectly. Kap would probably trust him too.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
I want two receivers. One ridiculously quick and speedy guy, another one who can just flat out dominate with his toughness, hands, and route-running. We all love the 6-4 receivers, but sometimes the 6-0 guy is simply the better player.

Landry doesn't have amazing size at only 6-0, but the way he plays the game leads me to believe he is going to develop into a starting receiver in the NFL.

I concurr

Two receivers who are able to push Patton and, within a year, replace Crabtree and Boldin if necessary! Boldin might be replaced this off season, so I hope Patton is ready. I don't mind them looking at FAs but that's really not helped much in the past and I don't see this offensive scheme attracting WRs. Luckily, there are probably more than ten really decent receivers in this draft and the 9ers will be able to draft two of them if they so desire.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Much like we mentioned in the WR thread I've pretty much settled on Landry as a one of the WRs we get. I have concerns about Boldin actually coming back but on top of that he may only have 1-2 years left. Crabtree is in the final year of his deal as well. We need to cover our bases and get a receiver of their caliber in the pipeline that could take over one of the starting spots in 2015 if need be.

Patton has future as a starter but I want the 9ers to hedge their bets and bet big this year. Land a player like Landry or Moncrief as my 2nd choice in this mold, then get a legitimate deep threat to compliment these physical players.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 4, 2014 at 6:06 PM ]
I would love to see Patton, Landry, Crabtree, and Boldin working some DBs nest season. Throw in his teammate (Beckam) or another speed guy and we can go five wide.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I would love to see Patton, Landry, Crabtree, and Boldin working some DBs nest season. Throw in his teammate (Beckam) or another speed guy and we can go five wide.

There's no way we take Vernon off the field for a 5-wide set.
Game stats ("#"=incomplete or NOT converted into a first down, 3rd down conversions are underlined)

D A Y 1: T C U
1st quarter
3rd, 10 yds lsu 39
3rd, 16 yds, lsu 49
#2nd, incomplete (verrett), goal

2nd quarter
1st, 14 yds, lsu 14
3rd, 12 yds, lsu 33
3rd, 15 yds, lsu 32
2nd, 14 yds, lsu 47

3rd quarter
2nd, 8 yds, tcu 36
#1st, incomplete

4th quarter
3rd, TD, tcu 20

D A Y 5: Georgia
1st quarter
3rd, 10 yds, lsu 39
2nd, 9 yds, uga 12

2nd quarter
---

3rd quarter
#1st, incomplete (Langley), lsu 25
#1st, 8 yds, lsu 36
2nd, 26 yds, lsu 24
2nd, 9 yds, uga 49
3rd, TD, uga 39

4th quarter
#2nd, 4 yds, uga 37
#2nd, incomplete (Jenkins), uga 31
3rd, 25 yds, uga 31
2nd, 14 yds, lsu 39
1st, 12 yds, uga 47
#1st, incomplete (Harvey-Clemons), lsu 35
#3rd, incomplete (Harvey-Clemons), lsu 35

I will analyze the other games on the upcoming days. Tell me if you like me to change the formatting.
[ Edited by communist on Feb 6, 2014 at 3:14 PM ]

God I want him in red and gold!
I like him a lot, reminds me of Crabs a little bit. He's pretty physical, good route runner, finds the holes in zones really really well. Just one of those guys who often seems to find himself open and extends drives time and time again. If we do go Landry over a real big bodied wideout then we need a burner. Vernon is strong in the redzone and although Boldin and Crabs aren't huge guys they are both physical wideouts and have really good hands so I don't see the redzone as a huge issue. However, if we do add a guy like Landry who is a possession guy, more in the mold of what we already have, we still need that guy who will keep defenses honest. Patton also has some similar traits. All of these guys are around 6'0-6'1, 210+ pounds and could make for a smoother transition if Crabs walks after next season.

Originally posted by Young2Rice4TD:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

There's no way we take Vernon off the field for a 5-wide set.

Totally forgot about Vernon in my excitement over that lineup. I'd still have a speed guy in there which means either Patton, Crabtree, or Boldin will have to sit. This is a very good problem to have.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Ok, I am sold after seeing his highlight video. What I like best is that he jumps in the air to fight with the CB to get the ball, instead of standing there watching the DB jump and intercept it while he continues his route.
Really good highlight catches for Landry. Smaller size receiver but plays big. I'm more impressed with Landry using his hands to beat press coverage from a few glimpses of him off the line.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
This kid has my interest. Guy makes every catch imaginable.
Best hands in the draft. Landry has Boldin written all over him. His measurables don't thrust him high in the first, but he's probably the best all-around pass catcher in the draft. I'm not so sure Landry will still be around when we pick.

If he slips to the 2nd, someone is going to get a massive steal.
Share 49ersWebzone