There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jarvis Landry-WR-LSU

Oops wrong thread.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Apr 26, 2014 at 10:53 AM ]
Well, McShay is still on the Landry bandwagon.



Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU

Landry is undersized and ran a slow 40-yard dash time at the combine, but he's still worth a Day 2 pick. Why? Because he is one of the best pure football players in this class. First off, his ball skills are second to none in the 2014 class of receivers -- and if you don't trust my eyes on that, there are plenty of numbers that back that assertion up. Landry has excellent focus and natural hand-eye coordination, and very good body control to adjust. Landry does an excellent job of competing for balls in traffic and has the strong hands to secure passes. He makes tough catches over his head look easy. He's also the toughest receiver in the 2014 class, with no fear of going over the middle (he'll take a big shot and still hold onto the ball), and a physical, competitive and effective blocker. I love the way this guy plays the game.



http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nfl-draft/post?id=4553




I see Landry being another guy who is still a solid contributing player 10 years from now and people will still wonder why he fell as far as he did.
I love this guy. He is one of my favorite wide receivers in the draft regardless of measurables or combine numbers. This guy is a flat out football player with amazing hands and natural toughness
I really hope that either Landry or Ellington are the second WR the 9ers draft. Think the HAVE to take one earlier. But they should still look to add someone like Landry (or Ellington) in the 3rd.
I didn't like Landry when people were talking about him in the first round ... later in the draft absolutely he should be a target.

Ellington should make it to the 4th round where I hope the 49ers snap him up.
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
I love this guy. He is one of my favorite wide receivers in the draft regardless of measurables or combine numbers. This guy is a flat out football player with amazing hands and natural toughness

He's a pure football player through and through. With a guy like that, you throw all the 40 times and other BS to the curb. He got it done on game day against some of the best competition in college football. Just like Boldin I can see him having a very good NFL career in spite of what he looked like running around on a track.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I'll gladly take him at 77 or 94 if he is there. I just don't know how we will have room to take a guy in the 1st/2nd and then another in the 3rd. I see it as Crabtree, Boldin, DP vs Patton, Lloyd vs Baldwin, Osgood (ST). So unless we keep 7 or Lloyd and Baldwin don't make the team not sure where I see room for a 3rd rounder. I hope we draft one in the 1st or 2nd and then 3rd but what happens with Lloyd who likely beats out Baldwin? I guess they would have to keep 7 then... Crabtree, Boldin, 1st/2nd Rd, Patton, Lloyd, 3rd Rd, Osgood. I don't know I just don't see any reason for Lloyd or Baldwin. Time to get younger but guess we just want to add more competition and see how the cards fall.

Must draft 2 WRs in the first 4 picks,my choices;ODB,Moncrief,Cooks,Bryant,Benjamin,Latimer Herron any of these 2
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I really hope that either Landry or Ellington are the second WR the 9ers draft. Think the HAVE to take one earlier. But they should still look to add someone like Landry (or Ellington) in the 3rd.
I would'nt be mad if they do
whos better landry or beckham?

which one resembles boldin more?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
whos better landry or beckham?

which one resembles boldin more?


I like Beckham more, but I like Cooks barely more than Beckham.

Would be happy with either
I don't think they must get 2 WR in the first 4 picks, but 2 for the draft would be good. Don't like Cooks in the first ... too small for that early.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
whos better landry or beckham?

which one resembles boldin more?


Landry resembles Boldin exactly, except he is not as big and strong. He will be one of the top 5 most productive WR's in this draft.

I wouldn't mind taking him because we need someone to REPLACE Boldin and/or Crabtree the next year and two years from now. Landry might not be the best COMPLIMENT to them, but he would be a great prospect to replace them.
Originally posted by Scoots:
I don't think they must get 2 WR in the first 4 picks, but 2 for the draft would be good. Don't like Cooks in the first ... too small for that early.


Cooks is a perfect COMPLIMENT for what we have right now.

Think about this, if we can get Landry and Cooks, that will give us immediate impact this year, and it will give us a future possession receiver to take over for our starters in the next couple years.
Whereas if we only get developmental guys, we won't have the same impact for next year, but me MIGHT get better impact in about 3 years than with Landry and Cooks.
I simply don't think Cooks is worth a first round pick. How many WRs his size have long productive careers? A first round pick needs to be around and on the field for a long time to be a good pick and the number of small WRs who manage to stay healthy is a VERY short list.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Cooks is a perfect COMPLIMENT for what we have right now.

Think about this, if we can get Landry and Cooks, that will give us immediate impact this year, and it will give us a future possession receiver to take over for our starters in the next couple years.
Whereas if we only get developmental guys, we won't have the same impact for next year, but me MIGHT get better impact in about 3 years than with Landry and Cooks.

I like your thinking and would be extremely happy if we got both. I love both guys.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Apr 27, 2014 at 10:01 PM ]