LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

Jarvis Landry-WR-LSU

Landry needs his own thread, clearly. Tough as nails, outstanding route runner and a very enthusiastic blocker. He fits this team's offense and style perfectly. If you've read my draft musings, you know how much emphasis I put on a guy's viability within the 49ers system. Landry is a great fit, hard worker, great teammate by all accounts, busts his ass out on the field, a very willing blocker, not flashy, just consistent, works hard, plays smart. I see him projecting out as a very good #2 WR in the NFL, similar to Boldin in terms of his demeanor and hard-nosed style of play, not as big physically, but a fearless guy who simply makes plays for you.

He plays with an edge and makes some flat-out ridiculous, Brandon Lloyd type circus catches routinely. He's not as fast or as explosive as his teammate Beckham but he's solid like a rock, just a consistent playmaker, a guy who rarely let's the ball get to his body, he snatches it out of the air and is a threat to make huge gains after the catch. He's one of those guys that QB's absolutely love, a highly dependable target, you put the ball in his general vicinity, he'll haul it in.

Personally, I'd be happy if the 49ers traded down in the 1st, up in the 2nd and took both Landry and Beckham. Toughness, receiving ability and speed, all of this to go along with Patton and Crabtree long-term.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 14, 2014 at 10:22 PM ]
I seriously thought there had to be a thread on him already. Didn't realize there wasn't
Nice!
Damn, you stole my Landry thunder. Was about to post the following mock with the first 6 picks like so (assuming we're re-signing Whitner or bringing in a veteran safety like Chris Clemons):

1.) Bradley Roby, CB – Ohio St. (5'11", 190)
2a.) Jarvis Landry, WR – LSU (6'0", 195)
2b.) Pierre Desir, CB – Lindenwood (6'1", 205)
3a.) Cody Latimer, WR – Indiana (6'2", 215)
3b.) James Gayle, DE/OLB – Virginia Tech (6'4", 255)
3c.) Terrance Brooks, S – Florida St. (5'11", 200)

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 14, 2014 at 10:39 PM ]
When you were talking about Beckham I looked at Landry and didn't take long before I liked Landry better. That being said I wouldn't mind either because I think we need guys who can contribute right away and not have to be developed which is one thing we cant do. So getting guys that are ready to contribute day 1 like a Landry, Matthews or Beckham I'd prefer over a guy who is raw and needs coaching up. You explained him well Phoenix. A lot will depend on if Boldin is back because if he isn't then we will need a 2 and 3 to compete with Patton. We will probably have to take 2 guys in the first 3 rounds. If Boldin is back we can probably get away with one (crabtree, boldin, 2nd rd/patton, mid to late rd, Osgood ST if re-signed). If he isn't back something like (crabtree, 1st rd, 2nd rd, patton, late rd, osgood st)

By the way if anyone wants to do their homework on him here is a 21 min video against 5 teams:

Originally posted by Gore_21:
When you were talking about Beckham I looked at Landry and didn't take long before I liked Landry better. That being said I wouldn't mind either because I think we need guys who can contribute right away and not have to be developed which is one thing we cant do. So getting guys that are ready to contribute day 1 like a Landry, Matthews or Beckham I'd prefer over a guy who is raw and needs coaching up. You explained him well Phoenix. A lot will depend on if Boldin is back because if he isn't then we will need a 2 and 3 to compete with Patton. We will probably have to take 2 guys in the first 3 rounds. If Boldin is back we can probably get away with one (crabtree, boldin, 2nd rd/patton, mid to late rd, Osgood ST if re-signed). If he isn't back something like (crabtree, 1st rd, 2nd rd, patton, late rd, osgood st)

By the way if anyone wants to do their homework on him here is a 21 min video against 5 teams:

Thanks for that. In addition to being a speedy sure-handed playmaker, he also fits our type of offense because he's a damn good run blocker. He has niners written all over him
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 15, 2014 at 12:16 AM ]
He's beast. What round is he projected?
Anywhere in the 2nd is a safe bet now.

Let's bring these in from the 2014 WR thread:

Here is a HS catch of his:

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 15, 2014 at 1:32 AM ]
I've been thinking about that scenario too. Getting both Beckham and Landry. For some reason I like the idea of teammates coming in together, making their transition easier maybe, since they've got eachother to lean on.

So let's get those 2 guys, Fuller and Exum, Stork and Wilder Jr late :)
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I like that Landry fights for the ball instead of settling with the DB intercepting it, not mentioning no name but like some Vernon Davis' out there.

Originally posted by Nalo9er:
I've been thinking about that scenario too. Getting both Beckham and Landry. For some reason I like the idea of teammates coming in together, making their transition easier maybe, since they've got eachother to lean on.

So let's get those 2 guys, Fuller and Exum, Stork and Wilder Jr late :)

Don't forget Reid too.
been on this wagon for a while now. dude reminds me of a younger Boldin, the way he fights, how strong his hands are, and his willingness to block.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
been on this wagon for a while now. dude reminds me of a younger Boldin, the way he fights, how strong his hands are, and his willingness to block.

Younger, smaller but faster Boldin.
Justin Gilbert
Jarvis Landry
Odell Beckham

Give me those 3 playmakers and this draft would be a success. Use our 3rd rounders to move up!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Younger, smaller but faster Boldin.

I love the attitude, the no-nonsense work ethic that Boldin brings, I liked seeing that in Patton who I think has a similar sort of fire, Landry definitely has that, the edge, the proverbial chip on the shoulder. AJ Jenkins most certainly did not.
Share 49ersWebzone