There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

EW Shrine Game

Jimmy Garoppolo.....................









Watch this guy mess around and wind up as a 1st rounder even. He's been playing incredibly thus far, great release, accuracy., footwork is especially impressive for a college QB. Someone is going to get a pretty good quarterback.
Garoppolo making a big case for the 2nd round right now. Great drive to get the TD.
Keith Price is looking good too. He's like a more refined version of BJ Daniels. Could see Seattle drafting him, especially since he's been working out with Russell Wilson already. Would be funny to see the 49ers troll them by drafting him first.
This kicker, Hocker, is pretty legit, that was a heck of kick there.



I've been very impressed by Jeremy Gallon of Michigan, very small receiver but he's finding ways to make plays, getting open...etc. Could be a nice slot receiver in the NFL. He would definitely be worth a 5th or 6th round look.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 18, 2014 at 3:30 PM ]
Wow, Ricardo Allen with an excellent punt return and Pierre Desir with the cleanup "Howdy doo" block. I'll take both of those guys right now.
My MVPs.

Garoppolo for the East Squad, Alden Darby for the West Squad.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Wow, Ricardo Allen with an excellent punt return and Pierre Desir with the cleanup "Howdy doo" block. I'll take both of those guys right now.

Desir a guy to keep an eye on. Good week for him
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Desir a guy to keep an eye on. Good week for him

He got me out of my seat with that block, came after the gunner with bad intentions and buried him. I loved that hit. Overall he looked good, almost had a pick 6, want to see more of him at the Senior Bowl.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Wow, Ricardo Allen with an excellent punt return and Pierre Desir with the cleanup "Howdy doo" block. I'll take both of those guys right now.

Desir a guy to keep an eye on. Good week for him

Small school kid with good size. Fits the mold of a 49ers corner.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,028
five winners from Saturday's East-West Shrine Game

1. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois

2. Chandler Jones, WR, San Jose State

3. Dakota Dozier, G, Furman

4. Alden Darby, S, Arizona State

5. Will Clarke, DE, West Virginia

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000314845/article/jimmy-garoppolo-was-biggest-winner-at-eastwest-shrine-game
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,028
top ten from Shrine game

1. QB Jimmy Garoppolo

2. DL Will Clarke, West Virginia

3. CB Pierre Desir, Lindenwood

4. DE Cassius Marsh, UCLA

5. DT Justin Ellis, Louisiana Tech

6. WR Matt Hazel, Coastal Carolina

7. OL Dakota Dozier, Furman

8. QB Jeff Mathews, Cornell

9. C Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma

10. WR Chandler Jones, San Jose State

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24413374/shrine-game-garoppolo-puts-exclamation-point-on-strong-week
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,028
The Senior Bowl has added seven players who played in Saturday's East-West Shrine Game to its roster, executive director Phil Savage said Saturday evening on Twitter.

The players added are West Virginia defensive end Will Clarke, Lindenwood cornerback Pierre Desir, Louisiana Tech defensive tackle Justin Ellis, Eastern Illinois quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo Oklahoma offensive lineman Gabe Ikard, Utah State cornerback Nevin Lawson and Georgia Tech safety Jemea Thomas.

Garoppolo's addition, reported Friday, was expected, as the Senior Bowl was in need of a sixth quarterback.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/18/senior-bowl-adds-seven-players/

These seven have to considered the major winners at the Shrine Game.
Originally posted by buck:
top ten from Shrine game

1. QB Jimmy Garoppolo

2. DL Will Clarke, West Virginia

3. CB Pierre Desir, Lindenwood

4. DE Cassius Marsh, UCLA

5. DT Justin Ellis, Louisiana Tech

6. WR Matt Hazel, Coastal Carolina

7. OL Dakota Dozier, Furman

8. QB Jeff Mathews, Cornell

9. C Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma

10. WR Chandler Jones, San Jose State

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24413374/shrine-game-garoppolo-puts-exclamation-point-on-strong-week


Westbrooks had a heck of game, he should be up there near the top of the list, guy went from undrafted to drafted status in one game. Jeremy Gallon also did very well for himself.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 19, 2014 at 8:58 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,028
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Westbrooks had a heck of game, he should be up there near the top of the list, guy went from undrafted to drafted status in one game. Jeremy Gallon also did very well for himself.

Westbrooks did do very well.

These reports really show us that the "experts" do not necessarily agree.
NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Damnit, my draft darling QB is going to off season himself right out of a 49ers jersey. Figured he would though, so no real surprise here..