LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Here me out we need to Draft a running back this year Marcus Lattimore is not the answer

Originally posted by Muggins:
For some reason when I see cgoblin's name I think of cock goblin.

cock goblin
1) someone who gobbles the cock 2) a little goblin who resides in the underwear and at night snuggles with the cock.

Thanks a lot Muggins......I think I just pee'd myself laughing.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Franks not out done he is just not the EVERY down back that he used to be and has lost the step necessary to break em to the house.. But if we FINALLY got a short yardage back that was reliable I can see frank remaining productive through next year

Gore never really had that step, his game has never been about speed and a key reason why he's still productive at an age where more running backs are done. The idiocy of this thread is that somehow Lattimore can't hack it even though he has yet to play a single down.
This thread is a fail.

Latts will be fine.

This OP sounds like if we drafted McGahee a long time ago, he will be a fail because of his devastating knee injury.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Franks not out done he is just not the EVERY down back that he used to be and has lost the step necessary to break em to the house.. But if we FINALLY got a short yardage back that was reliable I can see frank remaining productive through next year

Gore never really had that step, his game has never been about speed and a key reason why he's still productive at an age where more running backs are done. The idiocy of this thread is that somehow Lattimore can't hack it even though he has yet to play a single down.

Exactly. But we should hear him out on this. LOL
I'm satisfied with Hunter as a short-yard back; spells Gore.
I was hoping we'd pull the trigger on Eddie Lacy when he became available in the 2nd and 3rd..
to the OP: please look up these symbols: "." "," ";" as they may be useful for a post.
Originally posted by Muggins:
For some reason when I see cgoblin's name I think of cock goblin.

cock goblin
1) someone who gobbles the cock 2) a little goblin who resides in the underwear and at night snuggles with the cock.

Cock goblin ftw!!!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Can this get locked? The OP hasn't posted in 2.5/3 pages.

Gore's #2, #3, and #4 most productive total yards seasons have happened since 2011. His 4th best YPA was just last season.

Then there is this...Yes Lattimore's knee injury throws everything out of the window when it comes to predictions but I'll leave everyone with this bit of info.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/tag/_/name/marcus-lattimore

Marcus Lattimore
Lattimore gained 41 percent of his yards after contact in his career. Against SEC opponents, Lattimore was even better, gaining 43 percent of his yards after contact and averaging 2.0 yards after contact per rush.

Lattimore ran between the tackles on 78.9 percent of his career carries. He averaged at least 4.5 yards per carry inside the tackles in every season of his career. Lattimore was at his best in the fourth quarter, averaging 5.5 yards per run inside the tackles with 54.2 percent of his yards coming after contact.

Lattimore's college career shows that what he did best was punish defenses between the tackles and still keep truckin'
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 11, 2014 at 7:58 PM ]
Originally posted by cgoblin:
Frank gore production has decreased dramatically do to his age and run style his body can't take much more . Marcus Lattimore is not the answer I hope he comes back but even when he was healthy he's not even a beast like lynch or some of the animals in the league like shady or somebody he reminds me of the rb from NO thomas I think we should use a 3rd pick on ka deem Carey he's a work horse with power and shiftyness... what do you guess think ????

Originally posted by sfout:
Can this get locked? The OP hasn't posted in 2.5/3 pages.

Gore's #2, #3, and #4 most productive total yards seasons have happened since 2011. His 4th best YPA was just last season.

Then there is this...Yes Lattimore's knee injury throws everything out of the window when it comes to predictions but I'll leave everyone with this bit of info.

Marcus Lattimore
Lattimore gained 41 percent of his yards after contact in his career. Against SEC opponents, Lattimore was even better, gaining 43 percent of his yards after contact and averaging 2.0 yards after contact per rush.

Lattimore ran between the tackles on 78.9 percent of his career carries. He averaged at least 4.5 yards per carry inside the tackles in every season of his career. Lattimore was at his best in the fourth quarter, averaging 5.5 yards per run inside the tackles with 54.2 percent of his yards coming after contact.

Lattimore's college career shows that what he did best was punish defenses between the tackles and still keep truckin'

Just like Gore, Lattimore's game isn't dependent on speed. He has tremendous vision, an almost preternatural ability to find holes where none seemingly exist, he hits the hole decisively and keeps his legs churning. He's not a guy who's going to break a run off for 80 yards, but he will repeatedly gash defenses for 5, 10, 15 yards....etc.
LMFAO!!! Lattimore was a beast in College. He's put on more muscle. Man you would make a crappy scout. Perfect or the raiders
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Marcus Lattimore

Thats about it "Thread//"
Originally posted by Since07:
I will probably laugh everytime I see that name and then skip to the next comment because of this thread topic

Forgive me youre still a niner (I think) and Ill try to make it a point read wha you say but theres no way I wont think of Thee "Cock Goblin" when I read your user
The best college running back is not good enough for this newb...
Share 49ersWebzone