LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Draft Mock vol1. Draft king

Originally posted by filthyrich49er:
Why not pull a Julio and draft Sammy Watkins. We are stacked at all other positions besides CB

We need to have guys to give us some options in the event players want too much or as depth in case there are a rash of injuries. And of course there is the Trent Baalke special of drafting an injured player and letting him sit for a year. It's a great way to accumulate talent for next to nothing.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Cant trade comp pickz ... dont need to waste a high pick on a RB yet alone 2 pickz on RBz ....

No way we should always draft RBs

Yup letz just wasting pickz then a 2nd on LMJ a 4th on lattimore ...H*ll why not a 1st N 3rd this yr

How do you know that Lattimore was a waste? He could turn out to be a steal where he was picked and we wont know until he actually sees playing time next year.

Itz a wasted pick IMO because we could have used it on another playerz we need more then a sit N wait to see RB ...Playerz like Earl Wolff,S,pick 136(my fav late round steal) or Oday Aboushi ,OT pick 141 we need a swing tackle or Quanterus Smith OLB/DE pick 146 pass rush is alway a must ...

Yea i get it, Im jus sayin since were so great at devloping that position we shouldnt let our depth stop us from picking someone we like, I think we should draft Qbs like crazy cuase harbs can develope them, and then trade em for draft picks I bet we draft at least 1 runningback every year

Besidez kap N MAYBE A.smith(I say maybe cause smith wasnt a rookie N already had yrz of playin time some good some bad when harbs got here)who eles has harbs develope in tha NFL ??? I only ask cause pplz are actin like hez tha QB guru when that hasnt been shown yet ... great coach yea QB guru not to sure !!!!

Seriously? Harbaugh has only been coaching in the NFL for 3 years and so far, his QBs have never had a passer rating below 90. A passer rating of 90 may not seem all that great to some, but this team hadn't seen a starter over 90% since Jeff Garcia in 2001. That's a long time to have crappy play from their QBs, and that's now a thing of the past around here.

Call Harbaugh what you want, but nobody can question the increased quality in play from the QB position since he's gotten here, at least not with a straight face.
don't think Carey will fall like that, but im all for getting him. Lots of guys here think we don't need another runningback but i disagree. Besides Gore i don't see any of those guys as starters and lattimore has question marks.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Cant trade comp pickz ... dont need to waste a high pick on a RB yet alone 2 pickz on RBz ....

No way we should always draft RBs

Yup letz just wasting pickz then a 2nd on LMJ a 4th on lattimore ...H*ll why not a 1st N 3rd this yr

How do you know that Lattimore was a waste? He could turn out to be a steal where he was picked and we wont know until he actually sees playing time next year.

Itz a wasted pick IMO because we could have used it on another playerz we need more then a sit N wait to see RB ...Playerz like Earl Wolff,S,pick 136(my fav late round steal) or Oday Aboushi ,OT pick 141 we need a swing tackle or Quanterus Smith OLB/DE pick 146 pass rush is alway a must ...

Yea i get it, Im jus sayin since were so great at devloping that position we shouldnt let our depth stop us from picking someone we like, I think we should draft Qbs like crazy cuase harbs can develope them, and then trade em for draft picks I bet we draft at least 1 runningback every year

Besidez kap N MAYBE A.smith(I say maybe cause smith wasnt a rookie N already had yrz of playin time some good some bad when harbs got here)who eles has harbs develope in tha NFL ??? I only ask cause pplz are actin like hez tha QB guru when that hasnt been shown yet ... great coach yea QB guru not to sure !!!!

Seriously? Harbaugh has only been coaching in the NFL for 3 years and so far, his QBs have never had a passer rating below 90. A passer rating of 90 may not seem all that great to some, but this team hadn't seen a starter over 90% since Jeff Garcia in 2001. That's a long time to have crappy play from their QBs, and that's now a thing of the past around here.

Call Harbaugh what you want, but nobody can question the increased quality in play from the QB position since he's gotten here, at least not with a straight face.

Like i said great coach yes QB guru not sure ....Hopefully he can draft other QBz develope them N flip them for pickz only time will tell ....
^^ Not sure it's important what he's called (great coach, guru, maharishi, etc.); what matters is the results. So far, those results are incredible especially considering the crap we used to call quarterback play during the Erickson/NoWin/Dingleberry years.
Harbaugh developed Josh Johnson (at a non-scholarship school), Andrew Luck, Colin Kaepernick, and made Alex Smith a $15M/yr QB. This is a terrible mock draft and an even worse thread.
[ Edited by sspiker on Jan 9, 2014 at 5:33 PM ]
I thought the mock was solid... Gave alot of prospects i hadnt seen
Originally posted by sspiker:
Harbaugh developed Josh Johnson (at a non-scholarship school), Andrew Luck, Colin Kaepernick, and made Alex Smith a $15M/yr QB. This is a terrible mock draft and an even worse thread.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
^^ Not sure it's important what he's called (great coach, guru, maharishi, etc.); what matters is the results. So far, those results are incredible especially considering the crap we used to call quarterback play during the Erickson/NoWin/Dingleberry years.

I'm not sure the "Harbaugh is good with QBs" debate needs to happen. Next we'll be arguing if grass is green.
Originally posted by sspiker:

N i said who has harbs developed in tha NFL(where it matterz) I also named Kap N maybe Alex can count even though he already had some good N bad timez as a QB before harbs got here ....
N i said who has harbs developed in tha NFL(where it matterz) I also named Kap N maybe Alex can count even though he already had some good N bad timez as a QB before harbs got here ....
not sure if serious...

Originally posted by communist:
not sure if serious...

He can't be serious.

Harbs has only coached in the NFL for 3 years, so there isn't decades of experience there to say "look at all the NFL QBs he's developed over this long period of time....he's now officially a QB guru."

But, for the 3 years he has coached, he managed to turn a widely acknowledge draft-bust (Smith) into one of the better statistical QBs in the league in the first 1.5 years of his coaching stint. And yes, ALEX SMITH was only a few plays away from taking his team to the Super Bowl in Harbaugh's first year...yes, that's right, ALEX SMITH! Then in the next 1.5 years, he took a young QB known more for his running abilities than his passing skills, and helped him become one of the more feared dual-threat QBs in the league with one Super Bowl appearance already and possibly another one in the next few weeks.

But hey, coach hasn't really "developed" any QBs of note yet in all of his 3 years in the NFL, so let's hold off on calling him a "QB guru" until that happens.

Great call Ghost!

Nothing talks as strongly as facts.

Also, thanks for readable posts!!
I love it. I've watched as much film as I can on him. Great speed. I just think He will go higher like the 10 to twelve range. I think with TB as GM he always comes out of the draft with more picks than he does going into the draft. WR may not be a big need if Boldin resigns and Patton develops. I think today we will see more targets his way as Crabs, Boldin will get mucho attention. Easly may drop even further. Guy has had multiple knee reconstructions. He may drop into the 4-5 th round range. His talent is 1st round but that many knee injuries places him in the Ray MacDonald category. He went with a comp pick in the 3rd round which is really the fourth round.
is easley a 4-3 DE or 3-4? But either way we are stacked at those positions. I believe he will retain skuta with another 1 year contract so we will have 4 very good OLBs and Our D-line will consist of J.Smith, McDonald, Dorsey, I.Williams, T.Carradine, Dial, Jerod-Eddie, and Okoye(Wildcard). We are stacked in the front seven going into the 2014 season.

Also i dont know about a RB that high. I think we will probably spend a late round pick on a RB but not a 3rd. We are too stacked at that position

Love the gilbert, matthews, richmond, mcgil, and thomas picks. If thomas fell that much it would be worth the risk to see if he can be a stud at the next level even though we already have james

I would suggest a SS in the second 2nd pick and another O-lineman in the slot of that RB.
Share 49ersWebzone