LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Mock no.1

Kinda bored so I just whipped this up

1.trade our first,second,and our third to get into the top 10 and select Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
After seeing what he did to ohio state I'm sold on him.

2.(KC) Bradley Roby CB ohio state
He had a down year this year but overall his career at OSU was pretty good.

3.(TEN) Craig Loston SS LSU
Reunite Eric Reid with his college teammate.while watching Reid last year I was really impressed with him.

3.(comp)Daniel McCullers DT/NT Tennesee
He's a physical freak and even though we really don't need a nose tackle in our defense he would be great to have for depth.

4.Spencer Long G Nebraska
Trent baalke's injury special.he would provide great depth on the line.

5.Richard Rodgers TE California
I think he would fill the void left by Walker very well.Also would push Vance McDonald.

6.Jeff Janis WR/HB Saginaw Valley
Picking him would be for value and value only.small school kid who has talent but I'm not sure where he would fit in our offense.

Didn't want to do the numerous 7th round picks we have.i think I'll leave it up to you guys to fill in the blanks
Uh NO
Watkins is a stud but Ohio State was playing without its top 3 DB's. Anyone is gonna abuse that defense. He will be a top 5 pick. Not realistic at all to move up and get him based on Baalke's style. He values mid round picks heavily, as he should.

Not sold on McCullers. He isn't agile enough and plays upright.

Never been a fan of Roby. Was hyped coming into this year and he looked overmatched several different times this season.

Gilbert and Dennard are the only two CB's I would entertain in the first two rounds and they will go in the top 15 and 20 respectively.
[ Edited by HarbaughzDeep on Jan 8, 2014 at 9:31 PM ]
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
Watkins is a stud but Ohio State was playing without its top 3 DB's. Anyone is gonna abuse that defense. He will be a top 5 pick. Not realistic at all to move up and get him based on Baalke's style. He values mid round picks heavily, as he should.

Never been a fan of Roby. Was hyped coming into this year and he looked overmatched several different times this season.

Gilbert and Dennard are the only two CB's I would entertain in the first two rounds and they will go in the top 15 and 20 respectively.

Id do an eric reid type trade for either one of them. then snatch Deone Bucannon in the 2nd. Secondary is set for the future, is not Bucannon than Brandin Cooks at WR
Bucannon can hit like a tank.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Uh NO

Why?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Bucannon can hit like a tank.

The future is cover not hit. So I believe speed and ability to stick with a guy will trump hitmen.

Good draft, but it's unlikely Baalke will trade enough to nab Watkins.
Watkins, Loston would be nice additions and probably will be starters right away. Not sure about the other picks though. Nice job
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 9, 2014 at 4:23 PM ]
You honestly think a team will give up a top 10 (would really need to be top 5 probably) for just an additional late 2nd and late 3rd? Not a chance in hell.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:

If it plays out like that, with the talent that is sure to be on the board towards the end of the first round, I'd prefer that we trade back to get an extra 2nd, 3rd, and late pick.

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
The future is cover not hit. So I believe speed and ability to stick with a guy will trump hitmen.

Good draft, but it's unlikely Baalke will trade enough to nab Watkins.

Originally posted by kronik:
Watkins, Loston would be nice additions and probably will be starters right away. Not sure about the other picks though. Nice job

Thanks.
[ Edited by 9ertillidie on Jan 9, 2014 at 7:06 PM ]
Roby's a really good cornerback... he did struggle this year. Ohio State is infamous for not pressing at the line of scrimmage, though. You give most receivers a cushion and time to run a route and there's a likely chance that they're coming down with the ball. He did get torched by that Wisconsin kid, who's going to play in the NFL for a long time, FWIW.

He's not a big guy, but he's not small either. Great hitter, excellent hips and athleticism and legit 4.3 speed.
Share 49ersWebzone