There are 244 users in the forums

Jared Abbrederis WR Wisonsin

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Damn look at the route at 1:45 DOE! OOOOOO Kill em!

Like I said before, he's the new age Ricky Proehl. He'll never be a #1 WR in the NFL, but looks to be a good #2 WR and a VERY good #3 WR. He's the sort of pest that when you shutdown a team's main receiving targets, he beats out the nickelback and makes a huge play down the field to keep the chains moving. He never quits, just keeps fighting, keeps running excellent routes, basically the defensive back has to be perfect every single time otherwise he's running open down the field.........which assumes that the ball would be thrown to him in that scenario.....

He's more athletic than Proehl was though. I think he has potential to be a very good #2 and you never know he could end up being a #1. A guy that runs a 4.4 and is an awesome route runner could develop into a #1. Who knows, maybe he's the next Reggie Wayne.
Originally posted by xcfan:
why do white receivers get compared to other white receivers 99% of the time? seems lazy thinking to me.

Lol that's how it goes

and they're all described as "scrappy" or called "gym rats" or "watch a lot of tape" or "will never give you issues" or "hard worker" or "Wes Welker type" I could go on but you get the point
He's more athletic than Proehl was though. I think he has potential to be a very good #2 and you never know he could end up being a #1. A guy that runs a 4.4 and is an awesome route runner could develop into a #1. Who knows, maybe he's the next Reggie Wayne.

I meant in terms of route running, his hands, focus...etc, all that stuff was a trademark of Proehl, I actually went back and watched some old clips of Proehl, the footwork, route running, kind of uncanny in the similarity, in terms of personality, the makeup also appears to be similar, both fully driven, perfectionists, great attitude, I try to avoid the "this white guy is like this other white guy" comparisons but in this case, I think the comparison is fairly solid. Proehl was a technician as a receiver, he had a coaches mindset and its no surprise to see him having success as a receivers coach in the NFL now that his career is over.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 5, 2014 at 9:51 PM ]
He had some concussion issues. One big hit by Darth Chancellor and he'll be out for a while.

But I like I like! I picked him in the draft simulator game.
I put Abbrederis in the Patton, Jarvis Landry category where you can never have enough guys like them. Abbrederis should be a solid to good #2 or great #3 with the right team. I just wish we had a WR coach who could develop guys and a OC that got the most out of them. Kap needs to work on getting guys besides Boldin, Davis and Crabtree involved as well. Because of Morton, Roman and Kap I'd prefer to get NFL ready guys and not projects and I think Abbrederis fits into that category.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Pretty impressive, had 12 catches this game with 100+yards........he was wide open so many times this game it was ridiculous.

[ Edited by jimrat on Feb 9, 2014 at 8:53 AM ]
How does Abbrederis compare to doug baldwin of Seattle?
He's been kind of an under-the-radar WR...he played at Wisc, who runs the ball the majority of the time, so didn't get the opportunities of many of the leading WR's in college. However, there's no denying his skillset, size, speed, etc. I'd have absolutely no heartburn if Baalke drafted him.
it's crazy how open he gets. I would love to get this guy maybe around pick #100
The thing about Abbrederis is he put up good numbers on a predominantly running team...and he torched some highly rated CB's, too. He's kind of gotten lost in all the hoopla of the other WR's, but this kid can play and would be an excellent addition to our receiving corps.

• buck
  • Veteran
His apparent versatility surprised me.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Lots of good in the wisco guy, except his track-guy upper body.
[ Edited by xcfan on May 1, 2014 at 9:54 PM ]
Love the kid as a college player. Been tracking him for years and seen him play 40+ games. Always the hardest worker, smartest guy out there. Gets the game, knows where to run. My only concern...limited upside at the next level. Believe he has pretty much reached his potential. Needs a team like the Pats to select him, someone who can use his football IQ to translate to productivity.
Austin Collie without the concussion issues. He'll go to Broncos or Pats.

EDIT: nvm...turns out he does have concussion issues lol...he IS Austin Collie.
[ Edited by SofaKing on May 3, 2014 at 12:13 AM ]
His ACL. It gone.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/01/packers-fear-jared-abbrederis-tore-his-acl/
Share 49ersWebzone