LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Jared Abbrederis WR Wisonsin

i love guys with a first-class work ethic.
Ive watched almost every game he's been in (live in Milwaukee). He's saved UW so many times, and was really their only WR...and thats being a walk-on! There's no question hes got the ethic, hands, etc. I bit similar to Patton though I think. If we keep Crabtree, Id rather have an outside, deep threat (Baldwin, but w/ talent, zing) than another slot guy which i think Abb would end up being.
Originally posted by southpaw854:
Ive watched almost every game he's been in (live in Milwaukee). He's saved UW so many times, and was really their only WR...and thats being a walk-on! There's no question hes got the ethic, hands, etc. I bit similar to Patton though I think. If we keep Crabtree, Id rather have an outside, deep threat (Baldwin, but w/ talent, zing) than another slot guy which i think Abb would end up being.

I still don't get this insistence on Patton being "a slot guy." He can play on the outside as well. Its not like we're talking about some radically undersized player, he's 6 feet and 200+ pounds. One of the guys Patton has most drawn comparisons to is Reggie Wayne, who is definitely more than just a "slot guy." I'd be fine with the 49ers adding Abbrederis in the draft, championship teams can never have enough gritty, hard working guys on the roster. Its entirely possible they add 2 WR's, you don't have to put all the eggs in one basket either, especially for such an important need.

In anycase, after this season ends, the 49ers basically have 2 WR's, Crabtree and Patton since I don't see Baldwin being brought back. There's the possibility of Chuck Jacobs being brought up from the practice squad and Boldin being re-signed but I think aiming for 2 WR's is a good start.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 7, 2014 at 5:18 PM ]
Originally posted by communist:
i am.watching Football since '08.

I.WANT.HIM!!!
I am watching Football since 1980.
HE'S !!! ok
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by southpaw854:

I still don't get this insistence on Patton being "a slot guy." He can play on the outside as well. Its not like we're talking about some radically undersized player, he's 6 feet and 200+ pounds. One of the guys Patton has most drawn comparisons to is Reggie Wayne, who is definitely more than just a "slot guy." I'd be fine with the 49ers adding Abbrederis in the draft, championship teams can never have enough gritty, hard working guys on the roster. Its entirely possible they add 2 WR's, you don't have to put all the eggs in one basket either, especially for such an important need.

In anycase, after this season ends, the 49ers basically have 2 WR's, Crabtree and Patton since I don't see Baldwin being brought back. There's the possibility of Chuck Jacobs being brought up from the practice squad and Boldin being re-signed but I think aiming for 2 WR's is a good start.

2 WRs in the first 5 rounds, and probably another 2 through FA, 6/7th rounds and UFA signings. My guess is that we go into the years with Boldin, Crabtree, Patton, 2 drafted WR, Chuck Jacobs, Carswell, 1 UDFA and 1 FA (small time, maybe Chad Hall type)
i am not talking about that he can play in the slot ONLY. but i think that he can do it effectively.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Defiantly agree about taking at least 2 WR this year. This draft so incredibly deep in receiver talent; by far the most in recent memory. It just happens we have a big need at the position. So it only makes sense to take a couple of studs. IMO Abbrederis should be one of them!
Is it just me or did he body catch the first 5-6 catches in his highlight video.
I have a good feeling about his dude. He's doing great at the Senior Bowl. He's a polished route runner and in the interviews he's given, he seems like a smart dude. He's a pure football player and if we drafted him, I'd be stoked. I think a lot of teams will take notice of him and I bet he gets drafted at the end of the 2nd or early in the 3rd.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000316730/article/jared-abbrederis-having-big-week-he-needed-at-senior-bowl

The two things that stuck out from this article:

1. In September, Abbrederis faced Ohio State CB Bradley Roby, a first-round pick in three of four analyst mock drafts that appeared on this site last week. Abbrederis torched Roby for 10 catches, 207 yards and a touchdown in a performance that NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks believes said more about the Wisconsin receiver than Roby.

2. NFL Media analyst Gil Brandt says Abbrederis reminds him of Hartline, the Miami Dolphins wide receiver. That one makes sense, too, and not just for the obvious reasons.
Data collected from the NFL Scouting Combine since 2003 lists Hartline as one of 10 receivers that most closely resembles Abbrederis, when comparing height, weight and 40 time; Abbrederis, who measured 6-0 7/8 and 189 pounds at Monday's Senior Bowl weigh-in, says he expects to run in the 4.4-seconds range in the 40-yard dash at next month's combine. Hartline, who measured 6-1 5/8 and 195 pounds and ran a 4.58 40 at the 2009 combine, was picked in the fourth round by the Dolphins.

Damn look at the route at 1:45 DOE! OOOOOO Kill em!

• xcfan
  • Veteran
why do white receivers get compared to other white receivers 99% of the time? seems lazy thinking to me.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Damn look at the route at 1:45 DOE! OOOOOO Kill em!

Like I said before, he's the new age Ricky Proehl. He'll never be a #1 WR in the NFL, but looks to be a good #2 WR and a VERY good #3 WR. He's the sort of pest that when you shutdown a team's main receiving targets, he beats out the nickelback and makes a huge play down the field to keep the chains moving. He never quits, just keeps fighting, keeps running excellent routes, basically the defensive back has to be perfect every single time otherwise he's running open down the field.........which assumes that the ball would be thrown to him in that scenario.....
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
jared...state record holder in the high hurdles. how you like them apples?
Originally posted by xcfan:
why do white receivers get compared to other white receivers 99% of the time? seems lazy thinking to me.

I don't see an issue with it if the comparison makes sense. I wouldn't compare him to say Jordy Nelson, but like I've been saying, he reminds me a lot of Ricky Proehl in terms of how he plays, his attitude, work ethic....etc..
Originally posted by xcfan:

Lol that's how it goes
Share 49ersWebzone