There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CBSSports.com Mock Draft (01/06/14)

CBSSports.com Dane Brugler's Mock Draft (01/06/14)
Would rather take Pryor the safety in that spot there.
Looks like they have Buffalo trying to form their own version of Patrick Willis and NaVorro Bowman with that pick.
Given this scenario, I would much rather draft WR Allen Robinson.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1889923/allen-robinson

STRENGTHS: Fluid and flexible athlete for his larger frame with room to get stronger. Deceiving acceleration with sharp cuts to be a dangerous catch-and-go pass catcher. Physical ballcarrier with balance and body strength to shake off defenders and pick up chunks of yards after contact.

Does a nice job working back to the ball and finding soft spots in zones. Works well in traffic and tight areas to fight for the ball and win jump-ball situations. Uses his hands to fight through the jam and create room to work. Tough and won't shy from contact. Large catching radius with a good vertical to attack the ball. Willing blocker in run support.


Extremely productive the past two seasons, setting several single-season school and Big Ten records and finishing with a conference-best 97 catches and 1,432 yards in 2013.


WEAKNESSES: Average vertical speed. Upright route-runner and needs to tighten his footwork in/out of his breaks - will tip off defenders to his intended path and needs to better sell and deceive his patterns. Plays rushed at times and needs to stay under control through the snap, catch and whistle.


Focus will run hot/cold at times and needs to be more reliable finishing with his hands - bad habit of making unnecessary body catches. Room to improve his field and spatial awareness along the sideline. Maturity needs to be investigated after a first half suspension in the 2013 season opener for "disciplinary issues."


COMPARES TO: Anquan Boldin, San Francisco 49ers - Robinson doesn't have elite speed, but like Boldin he is a good-sized athlete with deceiving acceleration and strength at the catch point to be both a possession target and big play-threat.


--Dane Brugler (1/2/14)
Damn if the rams take clowney with Quinn on the other side and they have long as well
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Damn if the rams take clowney with Quinn on the other side and they have long as well

Wouldn't make any sense at all for them. You don't drop a pick that early on a rotational player, I still think they go with an OT and a safety in the 1st round.



I do like the Verrett pick a lot though. He's a true ballhawk, a turnover machine, not the biggest CB, but a proven playmaker, would not be mad/10.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 7, 2014 at 9:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Damn if the rams take clowney with Quinn on the other side and they have long as well

Wouldn't make any sense at all for them. You don't drop a pick that early on a rotational player, I still think they go with an OT and a safety in the 1st round.

If the Rams play it smart they can get another boat load of picks for a team that wants Clowney or one of the top QBS and then take Matthews.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If the Rams play it smart they can get another boat load of picks for a team that wants Clowney or one of the top QBS and then take Matthews.

This, most likely thing they'll do too. f**king Redskins.
Man Blake Bortles stock is sure on the way up lately
Originally posted by jrg:
Man Blake Bortles stock is sure on the way up lately

Yep. Sure sounds like he is going to be a top 5 pick now and probably not fall past Jacksonville at #3.
I see the Rams trading back and picking up a lot of picks.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Damn if the rams take clowney with Quinn on the other side and they have long as well

Wouldn't make any sense at all for them. You don't drop a pick that early on a rotational player, I still think they go with an OT and a safety in the 1st round.

If the Rams play it smart they can get another boat load of picks for a team that wants Clowney or one of the top QBS and then take Matthews.

Smartest thing they could do. The Rams have made out like bandits. The picks haven't come through yet, but we won't know the full story until 2016. By then we'll see what happens with RG3, and we can judge the 2012, 2013, and 2014 (and possibly 2015 if the Rams do trade down) drafts for St. Louis.

I think St. Louis should trade down again. They are going to be coming out of their ears in talent. What a deal. Trade a #2 overall for three firsts, including another number 2 overall (not to mention the second round and other late pick), which can in turn be traded for more first rounders. This is what it means to be fruitful and multiply in a drafting sense.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by jrg:
Man Blake Bortles stock is sure on the way up lately

Yep. Sure sounds like he is going to be a top 5 pick now and probably not fall past Jacksonville at #3.

He flew under the radar because of the league he played in. The kid has always been legit.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Given this scenario, I would much rather draft WR Allen Robinson.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1889923/allen-robinson

STRENGTHS: Fluid and flexible athlete for his larger frame with room to get stronger. Deceiving acceleration with sharp cuts to be a dangerous catch-and-go pass catcher. Physical ballcarrier with balance and body strength to shake off defenders and pick up chunks of yards after contact.

Does a nice job working back to the ball and finding soft spots in zones. Works well in traffic and tight areas to fight for the ball and win jump-ball situations. Uses his hands to fight through the jam and create room to work. Tough and won't shy from contact. Large catching radius with a good vertical to attack the ball. Willing blocker in run support.


Extremely productive the past two seasons, setting several single-season school and Big Ten records and finishing with a conference-best 97 catches and 1,432 yards in 2013.


WEAKNESSES: Average vertical speed. Upright route-runner and needs to tighten his footwork in/out of his breaks - will tip off defenders to his intended path and needs to better sell and deceive his patterns. Plays rushed at times and needs to stay under control through the snap, catch and whistle.


Focus will run hot/cold at times and needs to be more reliable finishing with his hands - bad habit of making unnecessary body catches. Room to improve his field and spatial awareness along the sideline. Maturity needs to be investigated after a first half suspension in the 2013 season opener for "disciplinary issues."


COMPARES TO: Anquan Boldin, San Francisco 49ers - Robinson doesn't have elite speed, but like Boldin he is a good-sized athlete with deceiving acceleration and strength at the catch point to be both a possession target and big play-threat.


--Dane Brugler (1/2/14)

How about trading up with the Ravens for Evans?