LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Back up QB?

No doubt has to be Missouri QB James Franklin
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

are you trolling? You picked the worst day in the world to post this. He s**t the bed tonight.
Originally posted by sfout:

are you trolling? You picked the worst day in the world to post this. He s**t the bed tonight.

As a late round pick he got potential to develop under Harbaugh imo Had bad stats but made big throws on 3rd downs to extend drives, I liked his poise

As a late round pick he got potential to develop under Harbaugh imo Had bad stats but made big throws on 3rd downs to extend drives, I liked his poise

For all the offensive weapons Mizzou has had while he's been QB, he's put up alot of mediocre stats. No thanks.
I'd prefer to see us go with Andy Murray in round 4 or 5. He'll probably drop because of his injury, but has a pro-ready arm and build. Runs a different offense than Kaepernick, but I think Murray would be a valuable trading piece in 2-3 years with some Harbaugh magic.
Originally posted by loyalniner:
I'd prefer to see us go with Andy Murray in round 4 or 5. He'll probably drop because of his injury, but has a pro-ready arm and build. Runs a different offense than Kaepernick, but I think Murray would be a valuable trading piece in 2-3 years with some Harbaugh magic.

Murray is a good choice imo but is projected to go in the 3rd round which I doubt we spend a pick on a QB that early
Originally posted by Travisty13:

For all the offensive weapons Mizzou has had while he's been QB, he's put up alot of mediocre stats. No thanks.

Very true but as a 7th round pick worth a shot like BJ Daniels last year imo

I mean, he definitely has some power to his serve, but do you really think he'll hold up under the pass rush?

Murray is a good choice imo but is projected to go in the 3rd round which I doubt we spend a pick on a QB that early

I'd go with Aaron Murray, even as high as the third round. We have three third round picks and we need a QB behind Kaep that can legitimately play. And as the previous poster mentioned, Murray could be traded later on down the road. With the right draft, I'd be comfortable in Murray playing next season if it came down to it.

Connor Shaw

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I mean, he definitely has some power to his serve, but do you really think he'll hold up under the pass rush?

eh. I was close. I'd take AARON MURRAY then! :)

I think it'd be worth it. We'll have three 3rd rounders as LifelongNiner mentioned. Plus, I'd rather spend a 3rd rounder on Murray and not have McCoy as our primary backup...
Im still firmly on the Garoppolo bandwagon.
Share 49ersWebzone