LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 231 users in the forums

Blake Bortles - QB: UCF

I saw that Fiesta Bowl game and was thinking to myself, he reminds me of Colin Kaepernick.

If he declares, where does this guy end up being drafted?
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I saw that Fiesta Bowl game and was thinking to myself, he reminds me of Colin Kaepernick.

If he declares, where does this guy end up being drafted?

Mcshay has him top 5 going to Jags
Unfortunately, top 10 pick. If he stays, I think he could improve a ton, and go top 5 guaranteed.

I think if he declares, a team like MInnesota would make sense. Cleveland also. There are like 5 or 6 teams with a need for a franchise QB in this years draft.

I had a discussion with my father the other day about his Vikings, and how bad Cassel, Ponder, and Freeman are, he says they need a franchise QB, I mentioned how you never see a legit QB come through free agency, they usually get extended or tagged. And no way IMO is Cutler a $100M QB. Seems inconsistent at times. So I think they need to draft a Guy, I mentioned Bortles if he declares, also Carr, and Manziel. I said Teddy would be great, but don't think he falls to I think 8, so they would need to swing a deal with Houston, and give up a ton for Teddy.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Unfortunately, top 10 pick. If he stays, I think he could improve a ton, and go top 5 guaranteed.

I think if he declares, a team like MInnesota would make sense. Cleveland also. There are like 5 or 6 teams with a need for a franchise QB in this years draft.

I had a discussion with my father the other day about his Vikings, and how bad Cassel, Ponder, and Freeman are, he says they need a franchise QB, I mentioned how you never see a legit QB come through free agency, they usually get extended or tagged. And no way IMO is Cutler a $100M QB. Seems inconsistent at times. So I think they need to draft a Guy, I mentioned Bortles if he declares, also Carr, and Manziel. I said Teddy would be great, but don't think he falls to I think 8, so they would need to swing a deal with Houston, and give up a ton for Teddy.

Vikings have alot of talent just poorly coached it will be interesting who their next coach is as far as their QB my dad is a Vikings fan and wants Manziel the kid scrambles like Fran Tarkenton would be a good fit imo
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Vikings have alot of talent just poorly coached it will be interesting who their next coach is as far as their QB my dad is a Vikings fan and wants Manziel the kid scrambles like Fran Tarkenton would be a good fit imo

Yeah they have weapons, AP(If they keep him), Jarius Wright, Patterson, Rudolph, Gerhart(If re-signed), Asiata is a good looking RB, Jennings(If he actually contributes for a change). I said there holes are QB, OG(I dont know who is there Guards, I think Charlie Johnson is, and he isn't much good), DE and DT(Allen and Kevin Williams are FAs, but they do have Floyd, and another good DT, also have Robison, and I think Griffen), then ILB(Bishop and Henderson are UFAs, so I said maybe Mosley if they cant get the QB, trade back, acquire a few picks, pick up the best ILB in the draft).
Bortles has all the physical tools you want in a franchise QB and should go top 10 if he declares. Unfortunately for him, he's also as raw as a plate of sashimi and will likely get thrown into the fire way before he's ready.
I've seen him play in at least 5 games this season and I don't watch college football. Dude is so f**king legit and has that 'it' factor. Favorite QB in the draft, especially if he can ride the bench and be groomed for 2 seasons
But the real story on him is that his girlfriend has over "6 million googles"

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1907836-ucf-coach-george-oleary-compliments-blake-bortles-girlfriend?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national
Lets keep those QBs coming . It pushes more talent down the board.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Jan 2, 2014 at 3:42 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone