LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 222 users in the forums

3rd-5th Round Receivers

There are always guys who slip or get overlooked.

Alshon Jeffery was a second-rounder, Jimmy Graham TE was a third rounder, Rob Gronkowski TE was a second-rounder, Jordy Nelson was a second-rounder,Vincent Jackson was a second-rounder, Steve Smith was a third-rounder,Keenan Allen was a third-rounder, Brandon Marshall was a fourth-rounder, Antonio Brown was a sixth-rounder, Victor Cruz was a free agent, Wayne Chrebet was a free agent.

There are many others.

My question to our resident experts - who do you think/feel will be the gems that make it to the 3-5th orunds?
This ones for the Haters (Phoenix, where you at bro?)

Jalen Saunders

And also Jeff Janis could elevate himself some than his current rankings with a good offseason.

Im predicting though Moncrief will be the overwhelming consensus in this thread.
L'Damian Washington!!
Please include any measurables like H, W & 40 time.

Thanks!
Jeff Janis. Would be a good pick up in the third round, he's a good wide receiver. His performance at the senior bowl could elevate him even higher if he balls out.
I work at UNLV and we have a WR Devante Davis that had a big year for us. If he comes out I think he could go as high as late 4th early 5th round after all the workouts. He's a big guy I'd guess probably 6'3" 215 lbs. Had 77 catches for almost 1200 yards and 14 TD's
I'm a big fan of Oregon's Josh Huff (5'11", 205, 4.48 forty). He's been productive since his freshman year, is great after the catch and could be a very dangerous slot-WR in the NFL.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'm a big fan of Oregon's Josh Huff (5'11", 205, 4.48 forty). He's been productive since his freshman year, is great after the catch and could be a very dangerous slot-WR in the NFL.

Wow. I was just about to post his name in here. If he drops to the 4th or 5th round he would be a terrific value.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Wow. I was just about to post his name in here. If he drops to the 4th or 5th round he would be a terrific value.

Great minds...

If we can somehow re-sign Boldin, get a big-bodied WR like Kelvin Benjamin early and a guy like Huff in the middle rounds, we'd have plenty of weapons for 2014: Crabby, Boldin, Patton, Benjamin, Baldwin and Huff.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 1, 2014 at 5:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Great minds...

No doubt Ghost. No doubt.

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
This ones for the Haters (Phoenix, where you at bro?)

Jalen Saunders

And also Jeff Janis could elevate himself some than his current rankings with a good offseason.

Im predicting though Moncrief will be the overwhelming consensus in this thread.

Dude, I believe he's asking for full-sized receivers, Webster can go play in the CFL.

This. I like Huff too, also like Dri Archer(RB/WR), TJ Jones of Notre Dame, Mike Davis of Texas, DeVante Parker, all interesting prospects in the 3rd and beyond.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 1, 2014 at 5:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

This. I like Huff too, also like Dri Archer(RB/WR), TJ Jones of Notre Dame, Mike Davis of Texas, DeVante Parker, all interesting prospects in the 3rd and beyond.

I think Davis will be a stud in the NFL with quality QB play. I'd be a bigger fan of Parker if he wasn't so susceptible to injury, but he's a big play WR if/when healthy. I don't even allow myself to think about smaller/quicker guys like Archer, De'Anthony Thomas or Tevin Reese because Baalke just won't draft them.

Eric Ward out of Texas Tech in the 5th.
Originally posted by forty9ers49:
I work at UNLV and we have a WR Devante Davis that had a big year for us. If he comes out I think he could go as high as late 4th early 5th round after all the workouts. He's a big guy I'd guess probably 6'3" 215 lbs. Had 77 catches for almost 1200 yards and 14 TD's
He's a real good WR. I like his teammate Marcus Sullivan too. He's small, but a good returner/WR. Sullivan won't come out this year, Davis has a chance to enter but it'd probably be smarter for him to go back for his Sr. year. UNLV's QB (Herring) seems like a guy I'd want to bring in as an UDFA. Good runner, improved as a passer, and has played WR. Bring him in and see what he has.
Share 49ersWebzone