LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Florida State WR Kelvin Benjamin

Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Will be interesting to see his 40

We NEED this guy!
Last yr it was tha midget T.Austin yall luvd N i hated this yr itz K Benjamin i so dont get it...yall are just droolin over what could be ...i so hope some dumb team draftz him high N piss yall off ....
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Last yr it was tha midget T.Austin yall luvd N i hated this yr itz K Benjamin i so dont get it...yall are just droolin over what could be ...i so hope some dumb team draftz him high N piss yall off ....

People on this board said the same thing about Alshon Jeffery after the Bears took him and he had rough rookie year. Now he's lighting it up.

I'd hold your judgement back because I'm sure 100% of the posters on this board would trade the Jenkins pick for Jeffery....Hell 100% of the people on this board would trade the Jenkins pick for Stephen Hill and he's been mediocre. Not saying people were supporting the Jenkins pick but I think it goes without saying that WRs not picked in the top 10 almost always need a 2nd year to validate their selection.

Most people on this board that were realistic wanted Keenan Allen, the year before that it was Rueben Randle. This year the majority of posters on this board want Allen Robinson from Penn State.
  • Ruhl
  • Veteran
He's got the size, maybe the speed, but I don't think those hands could handle some of kaep's bullets. Unless something changes dramatically, I'd give him 2nd round consideration for sure, but personally I wouldn't be moving up for him if Moncrief is still on the board.
[ Edited by Ruhl on Jan 3, 2014 at 9:14 AM ]
I want the niners to draft at least two WRs high...don't put all your eggs into one basket. If this guy is one of them fine!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I want the niners to draft at least two WRs high...don't put all your eggs into one basket. If this guy is one of them fine!
and where do you want to put the 2nd in, if we retain boldin AND baldwin?
boldin, crabtree, baldwin, patton, osgood, wr1, wr2 is one WR too much, imo.
Originally posted by communist:

Given Baldwin's $1.4M cap space (if cut) is likely more valuable to us than any contribution he might make (which seems minimal at best), I don't think we need to worry about him.

But osgood aint a real WR he'z a special teamz guy ...so IMO he dont count as fas as a WR u can count on to make a play...
But osgood aint a real WR he'z a special teamz guy ...so IMO he dont count as fas as a WR u can count on to make a play...
but you have to count him in somewhere.

@Ghost: like I said, IF we retain both of them.
[ Edited by communist on Jan 3, 2014 at 1:30 PM ]

but you have to count him in somewhere.

@Ghost: like I said, IF we retain both of them.

Even if we can't/don't re-sign Boldin (and we should), I still think Baldwin's cap space is more valuable. So next year should look something like this:

Crabby
Boldin
Patton
Osgood (or another special team-type veteran)
Rookie #1 - (ideally, a 1st or 2nd round big-bodied WR to take over for Crabs in 2015)
Rookie #2 - (ideally, a 3rd-5th round slot-type/KR/PR)
Originally posted by sfout:

People on this board said the same thing about Alshon Jeffery after the Bears took him and he had rough rookie year. Now he's lighting it up.

I'd hold your judgement back because I'm sure 100% of the posters on this board would trade the Jenkins pick for Jeffery....Hell 100% of the people on this board would trade the Jenkins pick for Stephen Hill and he's been mediocre. Not saying people were supporting the Jenkins pick but I think it goes without saying that WRs not picked in the top 10 almost always need a 2nd year to validate their selection.

Most people on this board that were realistic wanted Keenan Allen, the year before that it was Rueben Randle. This year the majority of posters on this board want Allen Robinson from Penn State.

For the record Sfout, I had Alshon Jefferry as my 30th pick in my final mock in this draftroom, but what are you gonna do but learn from the mistake and work to correct it. And I think KB is very similar to Jeffery, so hopefully Baalke can simmer the anger around here bt taking the kind of receiver like Benjamin. I know Benjamin is going to be a beast, just like I thought Jeffery would.
I understand why everyone wants a speedster, but can you look at the run game if Benjamin was on the team! Crabs blocks well, Boldin also and then Vernon Davis. You add a 6'5 WR to the mix and that is like another tight end! Him with McDonald and Vernon and Crabs is a defense disaster!!
Originally posted by Justinsmithjs15:
I understand why everyone wants a speedster, but can you look at the run game if Benjamin was on the team! Crabs blocks well, Boldin also and then Vernon Davis. You add a 6'5 WR to the mix and that is like another tight end! Him with McDonald and Vernon and Crabs is a defense disaster!!

Martavis Bryant who plays tonight against Ohio State is a similar player in a lot of ways to Benjamin. Definitely worth watching for those looking for a huge WR with downfield speed.

See below--GFD answered it very well. Add onto that the plethora of injuries the niners seem to have at WR every year and I'm not worried about having too many talented WRs. Did we have too many RBs this year? DLinemen? And with a million picks...ok...that's hyperbole...but you get the point.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Even if we can't/don't re-sign Boldin (and we should), I still think Baldwin's cap space is more valuable. So next year should look something like this:

Crabby
Boldin
Patton
Osgood (or another special team-type veteran)
Rookie #1 - (ideally, a 1st or 2nd round big-bodied WR to take over for Crabs in 2015)
Rookie #2 - (ideally, a 3rd-5th round slot-type/KR/PR)
Share 49ersWebzone