There are 130 users in the forums

Florida State WR Kelvin Benjamin

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I dont know why yall are droolin over someone who put up just OK statz ....

50 receptions, nearly 1000 yards, nearly 20 yards per reception (13th in the nation) and 14 TDs (tied for 5th in the nation)....that's "just ok stats?" That's a 6'5", 240+lb big play WR with great hands and great speed who's just now tapping into his potential.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

50 receptions, nearly 1000 yards, nearly 20 yards per reception (13th in the nation) and 14 TDs (tied for 5th in the nation)....that's "just ok stats?" That's a 6'5", 240+lb big play WR with great hands and great speed who's just now tapping into his potential.

Will I rather have a more proven player like J.Matthews (107 Rec 1334 ydz 5 tdz) or someone that just kills u no matter what like D.Adams (131 rec 1719ydz 24tdz)
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Will I rather have a more proven player like J.Matthews (107 Rec 1334 ydz 5 tdz) or someone that just kills u no matter what like D.Adams (131 rec 1719ydz 24tdz)

Love both of those guys, but I'm not sure either will be the kind of playmaker Benjamin could be in the NFL. I just think Benjamin has more upside (higher ceiling guy) than Matthews, Adams or even an Allen Robinson (great college players with lower floors), though I wouldn't be mad if we drafted any of them.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 2, 2014 at 12:59 AM ]
Kelvin Benjamin can be our Optimus Prime. I have this kid in my mock too.
This kid is going to be the "next" stud WR. Right,. Megatron status..

Monday night, he is going to say Hello to the world.
This kid is going to be a monster in the NFL. My favorite player in college right after Jameis Winston. Go Noles!
My favorite WR also. I wouldn't expect him to do much as a rookie, but after a year of developing, this kid is going to be solid. His size, athleticism, and ball skills make him a pretty safe pick IMO.
Everybody wants a fast wr to take the top off the defense and dont want the team to draft anybody deemed so called slow. After 3 years under harbaugh its clear that this team and scheme is just not gonna do that on a consistent basis. They will take the shot when it presents itself. That being said I want this guy on the team. I think he will fit perfectly. On another note. I dont know how true at all the rumors that the browns would have traded josh gordon for a 2nd round pick but if they were true and with us having 2 next year and our wr whoes I think the team whiffed
Will be interesting to see his 40
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

a scout said he is going to be slow and his hands are questionable he drops easy passes NOT consistant

Its all about production and game speed. Hes got the tape. Hes going to be very good. I think a lot of people look too much into measurable and track running sprints.

Perfect example is LeSean McCoy. He didn't wow most scouts during his combine and offseason tape. But he is a great player, all around.

Ive looked for specific plays in the passing games of college games where the competition is EVEN, and you need to find the plays that make you scream, "Wow, that was a great play, who did that?" Find those players that produce against the highest level of competition.

Benjamin has that. He has the tangible ability. Can he mature and have the DESIRE to work his butt off to be great? That's the biggest question for Kelvin Benjamin.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

a scout said he is going to be slow and his hands are questionable he drops easy passes NOT consistant

What scout is this?
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

His hands can always improve. That is a given if he works at it. They said the same about Alshon Jeffery. The scouts are never always right. And another scout mentioned how Benjamin is deceivingly fast because of his size.

http://www.newspaperseveryday.com/br-cfb-250-top-24-wide-receivers-in-college-football-bleacher-report/

Heres a pretty good read on BRs report on the top 24 pass catchers in the nation.
I can give zero f**ks about his 40, look at Keenan Allen who's not a blazer but his GAME speed is what matters. As a noles fan every week he's making huge plays and not just short passes but he's always catching a deep ball and getting behind the defense
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
He's been said to be the fastest player on FSU's team. Bigger guys, we're talking 6'5" 230 plus pounds sometimes look slower but rest assured he'll run a 4.5 fourty and at that size will be pretty awesome. Mid season on, he was unstoppable.

YES! This is what we need desperately.
Share 49ersWebzone