There are 218 users in the forums

My Post-Christmas Draft Wishlist-Offense

These are my favorites at every relevant position on offense, based on where I think that the 49ers will be drafting for that position. These are not necessarily in order of where I think these guys will be picked.

QB

1. Jimmy Garoppolo--Eastern Illinois-6'2", 220. Would love to land him in the 3rd round, have a feeling he'll move up as a result of the offseason.

2. Aaron Murray-Georgia-6'1", 210. After his injury, if he could be had in the late 3rd or 4th round, he'd be a steal, very smart player, looks to be a quality NFL game manager type, ideal backup QB, potential starter.

3. Keith Price-Washington. 6'0", 205. Showed tremendous improvement over a lackluster junior year. Hard-working, athletic, improvises very well, has improved his decision-making and accuracy substantially. He worked with Russell Wilson in the offseason and in a lot of ways, mirrors his game. Has average arm strength and is very undersized but a guy who looks to be on the upswing and at least a solid backup at the next level.

FB.

1. J.C. Copeland-LSU. 6'0", 270. Big monster blocker, former defensive lineman, has surprisingly quick feet, plays with a chip on his shoulder.

2. Jay Prosch-Auburn. 6'0", 250. Athletic super-freak, hard-hitter, plays with guts and bad intentions.

WR.

1. Allen Robinson-Penn State. 6'2", 215. Very complete, polished receiver, good route runner, solid hands, one of the most game-ready WR's in the draft.

2. Odell Beckham-LSU. 5'11", 190. Explosive, smart wide receiver who has improved his route running in particular, has speed to beat a defense deep, dangerous after the catch.

3. Donte Moncrief-Ole Miss. 6'3", 220. Smart, dynamic receiver, limited route development but very impressive hands. attacks the ball in the ferociously and has a wide catching radius. Has a variety of moves that he utilizes to create separation from defensive backs.

4. Davante Adams-Fresno. 6'2", 210 Tremendously explosive receiver this season for Fresno, a favorite around here, very consistent and had some jaw-dropping performances this season.

5. Dri Archer-Kent State. 5'8", 180. Explosive downfield threat with the speed to take it to the house on any given play. Can contribute at WR, RB, KR and PR.

6. TJ Jones-Notre Dame. 5'11", 190. He's like a more physical, potato free version of Kyle Williams. Decent speed but not a burner, however a reliable, steady receiver who made do with a shoddy QB situation at Notre Dame. Would make for a great later round pick.

TE
1. Trey Burton-Florida. 6'2", 232. A swiss-army knife to replace a swiss-army knife. Can play WR, TE, FB and contribute on special teams. Great athleticism, needs to improve his route running, focus, but has the ability to be the wild card that gets moved around all over the offense.

2. Asa Watson-North Carolina State. 6'3", 230. Late round pick looks to be a nice guy to develop as an h-back. Very good athleticism, needs to improve as a blocker but has all the physical tools to take on the Delanie Walker role in the offense.

OT

Jack Mewhort-Ohio State. 6'5", 310. Put him anywhere on the OL, smart, instinctive player with tremendous awareness and blitz recognition. His versatility adds tremendous value. Very quick feet, capable of playing in a zone or man blocking scheme.

Joel Bitonio-Nevada. 6'4", 315. Similar to Mewhort in terms of versatility. Can play tackle or guard, good athleticism, smart, a natural leader out on the field.

OG

Spencer Long-Nebraska. 6'4", 320. Represents outstanding value due to his injury. A prototypical starting guard at the NFL level, extremely tough, dominant inside lineman that plays with a massive chip on his shoulder.

C

Tyler Larsen-Utah State.6'3", 315. Ideal center for the blocking schemes the 49ers run. Terrific in both pass protection and run blocking as well as diagnosing various defensive schemes. Tough, feisty center that has been a strong leader for Utah State. Has had some injury issues but overall looks to be a guy that would compete for the starting center spot his rookie season.

Surprised Lee isnt on your list.
Garoppolo and Adams, thems my dudes.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I got a strong feeling Moncrief will move up past Jordan Matthews. I mean, you just can't let a player like that pass you by, Moncrief I think is a very explosive player sorta Anquan Boldin (attitude wise) and Josh Gordon ish'. If the 9ers just so happen to lose Crabtree, I don't think I would be mad if they replaced if with Moncrief.

And I'm with you, the top two receivers I'd like to see for the 9ers are Robinson and Moncrief.
Good list.

Substitute Trey Millard for Asa Watson as my Swiss Army Knife candidate at TE/H-Back.
Originally posted by Butter:

Think he'll be gone before the 49ers get up to the plate.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
These are my favorites at every relevant position on offense, based on where I think that the 49ers will be drafting for that position. These are not necessarily in order of where I think these guys will be picked.

FB.

1. J.C. Copeland-LSU. 6'0", 270. Big monster blocker, former defensive lineman, has surprisingly quick feet, plays with a chip on his shoulder.

2. Jay Prosch-Auburn. 6'0", 250. Athletic super-freak, hard-hitter, plays with guts and bad intentions.

FB really ???? With how great miller has been for us u think we need to spend a draft pick on a FB ???
We're gonna draft Trey Burton. Book it
Originally posted by Butter:

Think he'll be gone before the 49ers get up to the plate.

Im fully expecting Baalke to move up again
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

FB.

FB really ???? With how great miller has been for us u think we need to spend a draft pick on a FB ???

Seventh round if they are available. We have four of them.

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Can never have enough good blockers around. Both Copeland and Prosch are outstanding prospects. If I had to choose one, at this point I'd probably go with Prosch but I have a feeling he won't fall very far. Incredibly hard worker, athleticism to be a beast on special teams, massive build, even with Miller around, who knows how much he'll want to re-up with the 49ers?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Yeah, none of them will fall that far. For Prosch, I'd be down with using a late 5th rounder if he fell even, seeing as how this team has generally done jack s**t with their 5th rounders anyways.
I'm all in on Beckham

Yeah, none of them will fall that far. For Prosch, I'd be down with using a late 5th rounder if he fell even, seeing as how this team has generally done jack s**t with their 5th rounders anyways.

I'm trying to think of who we've drafted in the 5th that stood out (without looking it up). It's probably true. I think our last good one was Tarell Brown. I don't know if I can get with drafting a backup fullback with a 5th. The bright side is that it provides leverage with Bruce Miller, who's deal I believe is up next season.

I'm trying to think of who we've drafted in the 5th that stood out (without looking it up). It's probably true. I think our last good one was Tarell Brown. I don't know if I can get with drafting a backup fullback with a 5th. The bright side is that it provides leverage with Bruce Miller, who's deal I believe is up next season.

Imagine a play where Big Mac is blasting Sherman into smithereens, Tukuafu is pancaking KJ Wright, and Copeland is blowing up Chancellor while Frank Gore runs for 30 yds into the red zone.
Share 49ersWebzone