There are 372 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shayne Skov - LB Stanford

With injury of Bowman no doubt this Kid has to be a 49er and a Harbaugh guy
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
With injury of Bowman no doubt this Kid has to be a 49er and a Harbaugh guy

love the kid and would be ecstatic if we selected him, but i see us going elsewhere in the 3rd
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
With injury of Bowman no doubt this Kid has to be a 49er and a Harbaugh guy

love the kid and would be ecstatic if we selected him, but i see us going elsewhere in the 3rd

With 3 picks in the 3rd really? I like my chances
Meh... 4th round highest...
Just ran a 5.11 - 40 yd dash at a private workout. That is painfully slow. He is supposedly limited by a bad hamstring. Early 3rd day pick at best despite his impressive resume.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Apr 22, 2014 at 9:10 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,486
marginal nfl athlete, crap measureables, high-rev football guy--sounds like zach thomas, ehh?

i'm sayin' late 4th. good fill-in till bowman returns
Originally posted by xcfan:
marginal nfl athlete, crap measureables, high-rev football guy--sounds like zach thomas, ehh?

i'm sayin' late 4th. good fill-in till bowman returns

I would be totally into drafting him if he drops. But I don't want them using a high pick on any ILB.

If Skov doesn't drop in the draft I would still be very happy with Barrow, Bullough, or one of the other later round LBs.
despite his not so impressive 40 time , he is a solid football player and will contribute where ever he winds up ...I don't see us taking him, but I wouldn't complain if we grabbed him in the middle rounds , good character and team player
Good player, nothing special. We seem to favor quicker, athletic LBs. I don't think he's that type of player.

Shazier is the guy I think fits our defense at ILB. He'll get drafted too early though. I like him over Mosley as well.
Big fan of Skov's, but I do see him dropping to the 4th. He reminds me of a smaller version of Dan Skuta.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,486
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I would be totally into drafting him if he drops. But I don't want them using a high pick on any ILB.

If Skov doesn't drop in the draft I would still be very happy with Barrow, Bullough, or one of the other later round LBs.

barrow's a much better fit to fill in for bowman.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Just ran a 5.11 - 40 yd dash at a private workout. That is painfully slow. He is supposedly limited by a bad hamstring. Early 3rd day pick at best despite his impressive resume.


I am a fan of his, and I am hoping that 5.11 really was because of an injured hamstring.
I know he fluctuates with his weight, I am almost wondering if we would try him at DE if he gained around 20lbs...

I know he would do well there
We'd need to stock up on eye black.

Thinking he emerges as nothing higher than a 5th rounder, and two down backer.
  • Liono
  • Member
  • Posts: 361
I have a good feeling about this guy, he has something special. So he has slow numbers, but if you watch film of him, he doesn't give up the edge, he has great instincts and takes good angles. He looks just as fast as Gary Plummer, who was one of the best LBs we ever had.