There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kenny Guiton, QB, Ohio State - Perfect Backup to Kaep

I really dig Guiton. I know players like James Franklin or Keith Price (Seattle may explode if we get Russ' pupil) are more highly rated, but Guiton is a stud QB who is fully accustomed to playing second fiddle. His physical attributes are so similar to Kaep that it's almost too perfect. I think it would be a win-win situation if we do try him out, as we could probably get him late with low risk and if he pans out have little chance for him trying to push for PT, and if he ever HAS TO go in and succeeds, he's a Cinderella story (a la O'Sullivan and Bono).

Looks like nice developmental prospect
I'm an Ohio State fan, and no, this kid is not an NFL quarterback. I will say that he's a phenomenal kid. But he's got a weak arm, throws with almost no velocity and plays in a terrible system for quarterbacks. And the OP is smoking crack... he's nothing like Kaepernick.
Always interesting to read and see about potential backups... I have never seen him play, aside from this.

He looks like a decent option to develop. Showed some pocket composure... able to go through a few progressions... has the mobility and enough arm strength.
I'll pass...
And by "just like Kaepernick" you mean because he's black and is athletic? Because otherwise, I don't see the comparison at all.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
And by "just like Kaepernick" you mean because he's black and is athletic? Because otherwise, I don't see the comparison at all.

what else do you want?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:

what else do you want?

He needs to favorite the tweets from his haters and talk with a midwestern twang to his words.
Originally posted by vrabbit:

what else do you want?

I was watching a white DE and he has a high motor, and Brian Hartline runs great routes

i thought he was white and athletic
Actually I said his physical attributes were similar to Kap not "he is just like him". Next time you use quotes, you should actually quote the person accurately.

And by "physical attributes" I am referring to his...wait for it...physical attributes. Lol. His height, weight and mobility are very similar to Kap when he left Nevada. Now if you don't believe Guiton is a great pick, you should just say that. But my initial quote is accurate.

I don't think you find your franchise qb and then spend your drafts trying to duplicate or displace him. I mentioned Guiton not because he is as good as Kap but because he is under the radar and can be had for cheap and he would not be under any pressure to do anything but shadow the experienced guys. all of which I said in my original post.

Now to the guy who accused me of smoking rocks (but in the midst of that actually had a football rebuttal), I disagree with you on his armstrength. I live in OH and have seen every one of his snaps and I think he has good armstrength.
[ Edited by TommyFrazier on Dec 20, 2013 at 7:01 AM ]
Kenny "du duu, du duu, du duu, I got you babe" Guiton

Kap is not black! He's BinLadenian.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
I'm an Ohio State fan, and no, this kid is not an NFL quarterback. I will say that he's a phenomenal kid. But he's got a weak arm, throws with almost no velocity and plays in a terrible system for quarterbacks. And the OP is smoking crack... he's nothing like Kaepernick.

I'm an OSU fan as well and I think you are being a bit harsh. NO, Kenny doesn't have anything close to Kaepernick's arm strength. What he does have is decent accuracy, great mobility, and a calm under pressure. Braxton Miller has a history of being knocked out of games because of his all out running style, so Guitton has had to take over in the middle of quite a few close games. As we saw with the rankings this year, OSU had no margin for error because of how weak the Big Ten has been over the last few years. Guitton, throughout his career, has come in and done nothing but lead. The best comparison I can think of is Shaun Hill. I actually think Guitton could develop into a perfect backup. His strengths will be the short to intermediate passing game with the ability to take off if and when the play breaks down. That being said, the highest pick I would use on him would be a 6th rounder. He will probably be available as an UDFA unless some team takes a late round flyer.
Exactly my point, Karma.

I actually see him as being more comparable to Josh Johnson, except with more big time game potential, since he's played and practiced against top notch comp. But I can see the Shaun Hill comparison...I could see him possibly having a career trajectory similar to Hill.