There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jonathan Dowling FS/SS Western Kentucky 6-3 198

Jonathan Dowling FS/SS Western Kentucky 6-3 198
started this thread only bc I seen some1 post there mock with him included..had us taking him in the 3rd round..1st time I have ever heard of him..appreciate if whoever does know of him if you can give your input..he seems bc of his measurements to be a beast..but his measurements are similar to good old taylor mays..idk about his 40 time tho..
holy crap that rundown and strip from behind is enough to make me want him...
He originally got recruited to Florida, was too cool for school there so he ended up at Western Kentucky. Good size, probably could stand to bulk up a bit but he's a guy with very good athleticism, was top prospect coming out of high-school, there's some character issues with him although it doesn't sound like anything too severe. He's a true playmaker and could be a nice pick from between the 3rd and 5th rounds.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He originally got recruited to Florida, was too cool for school there so he ended up at Western Kentucky. Good size, probably could stand to bulk up a bit but he's a guy with very good athleticism, was top prospect coming out of high-school, there's some character issues with him although it doesn't sound like anything too severe. He's a true playmaker and could be a nice pick from between the 3rd and 5th rounds.


thanks..guessing if he did what he was supposed 2 he would be a 1-2 round pick..
any relation to the db dowling from virginia and pats draft pick
Originally posted by kronik:

Nice. Would be a nice prospect with those measurements to pick up in the mid rounds with our secondary coaching staff.
Id love to see the Niners take a big developmental S in the mid rounds
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,162
Dowling had problems at Florida and got kicked off the squad.

He set out a year and then played at Western Kentucky for two years.

He is three years removed from his days at Florida. I think he might be worth a risk.

Dowling did find some redemption, however. After sitting out a year due to NCAA transfer rules (and reportedly maturing in the process), Dowlling became the star safety for WKU and then-coach Willie Taggert. Through 23 games in '12 and '13, Dowling started 23 games and hauled in an impressive nine interceptions en route to All-Sun Belt honors.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/12/15/western-kentucky-fs-jonathan-dowling-faces-more-questions-than-normal-nfl-draft-prospects/?5jXlZpLbaKygYZPz.99

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/175939-underclassmen-declared-for-the-draft/#4D4lxI17rABkA8db.99

3 Jonathan Dowling FS/SS Western Kentucky 6-3 198
In the last two years, Dowling has defended 23 passes—with 9 picks, has forced 8 fumbles, has 135 tackles with 4 tackles for a loss.

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/176174-give-your-ideal-round-mini-mock-all-welcome/#sBLCV7HL2P9lDx7o.99

  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,162
FBS, FCS, D2 stats before 2013

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/mainpage.jsp

FBS, FCS, D2 stats 2013 and after

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div

FBS stats only

http://www.cfbstats.com/


www.google.com
Originally posted by buck:
FBS, FCS, D2 stats before 2013

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/mainpage.jsp

FBS, FCS, D2 stats 2013 and after

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div

FBS stats only

http://www.cfbstats.com/


www.google.com

Thanks for the link to Google bro.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,162
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Thanks for the link to Google bro.

Any time
We'd put him on the PS and someone else would take him from us.
Originally posted by hofer36:
any relation to the db dowling from virginia and pats draft pick

I hope not. Ras-I Dowling was cut by NE I believe. Wasted 2nd round pick, was the 33rd overall pick a few years back.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I hope not. Ras-I Dowling was cut by NE I believe. Wasted 2nd round pick, was the 33rd overall pick a few years back.

Good player, couldn't stay healthy at all, just kept getting injured.