Give Me Your Ideal 1st - 3rd Round Mini Mock

1A Dennard
1b K. Benjamin
2a traded (Benjamin)
2b traded (Benjamin)
3a traded for next year
3b traded for benjamin pick

/Draft

We need a Impact DB and WR. Can also draft a S prospect. all other picks should be used to secure Benjamin. We are at a point where its time to plug in the two missing pieces.. The rest of the drafted players will be poached off the squad due to roster limitations.
No way we give up THAT much for a raw WR this year, when the WR-class is deep as the universe. Not to mention that I don't regard Benjamin as a first-rounder because he is WAY too raw and the class is stil way too deep.

Wait, you want to give up both of our 2nd-rounders and one of our thirds for a VERY low first-rounder??? Not sure if serious.
1. CB Darqueze Dennard - Michigan ST.
1. (TRADE) WR Allen Robinson - Penn ST.
2. SS Ahmad Dixon - Baylor
2. (TRADE) C Travis Swanson - Arkansas
3. WR Cody Hoffman - BYU
3. OG David Yankey - Stanford

- Sign Boldin to a 2 year deal laden with Performance Escalators.

- Let Carlos Rogers and Donte Whitner go.
[ Edited by JimHarbaugh on Jan 15, 2014 at 5:48 PM ]
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
1. CB Darqueze Dennard - Michigan ST.
1. (TRADE) WR Allen Robinson - Penn ST.
2. SS Ahmad Dixon - Baylor
2. (TRADE) C Travis Swanson - Arkansas
3. WR Cody Hoffman - BYU
3. OG David Yankey - Stanford

- Sign Boldin to a 2 year deal laden with Performance Escalators.

- Let Carlos Rogers and Donte Whitner go.

So we trade away a 3rd pick for a 1st pick damn cant even do that in madden
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

Hahaha probly from ravens, harbrothers discount

1. Dennard but gone way before us. So Gilbert slight trade, maybe a few spots
2a trade down early 2nd and Matthews ( I see him slipping to second )
2b Buchanan .. Best safety prospect I've seen, very physical and a ball hawk . Perfect NFC west player
3a - Kyle fuller
3b- martavis Bryant
3c trade
[ Edited by DJamhour on Jan 15, 2014 at 10:14 PM ]

Oh I guess you cant trade next years picks huh?? C'mon bro
Assuming Boldin, Brown and Whitner walk:

1: Jordan Matthews WR
2: Brandon Cooks WR
2: Deon Buchanon SS
3: Travis Swanson C
3: Kyle Fuller CB
3: Jered Abbrederis WR

Maybe do a little more typing N say what we traded away N got we aint mind readerz BRO !!!!
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I think i have stated this before, But Roby is my #1 CB in this draft. I love the kids game, but i understand a lot of people will disagree with me. Personally i think he goes somewhere in the teens, and we would likely need to give up a third to get him, which i would be fine with.

Im not more of an expert than anyone around here though, just a guy with an opinion like anyone else, and i am often wrong as often as i am right. You know your s**t Gore, dont downplay yourself, your a respected poster around here.

I would be fine with staying put and taking BPA, but this is our personal ideal mocks and so thats how i played it, while trying to be as realistic as possible to the positions i think the players will be drafted in.

Im also in the minority on Jalen Saunders as well, and im ok with that. I will admit i have a tendancy to focus on and fall in love with underdogs or lesser known players. Elvis Akpla is a good example of that which vets often remind me of, and thats ok. At the end of the day we are all amateurs that have one thing in common, our love for the game. I just personally have a lot of love for later round draft picks, and lesser known guys and thats typically where my focus is.

This year its Jeff Janis and Gator Hoskins that are my little known draft picks, although Janis is picking up steam around here, and possibly across the nation, but when i posted about him Nov. 4th, i doubt many people knew who he was. Many people still dont know about Hoskins.

But back to Roby, yes i see him as a mid first rounder, and the best CB in the draft. I think he would be a stud in our system.
As a Montana State fan I love seeing the Akpla reference!
My ideal 1st 3 rounds:
1st: Justin Gilbert CB- (Ideally I would like Dennard to fall but not going to happen, I'd also take Roby if Gilbert goes early too).
2nd: a)Davante Adams or Odell Beckham or Brandin Cooks WR(biggest talent available at this point)- Need more weapons for Kaep! Run game will struggle without decent passing attack.
b)Deone Bucannon or Ahmad Dixon SS- Preparing for Whitner departure. Another young stud to play next to Reid!
3rd: a)Donte Moncrief WR- Underrated talent that could end up being a great value pick.
b)Gabe Jackson OG- More depth on Oline pending FA and contract negotiations.
c) Aaron Murry QB-backup for Kaep or Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB-good talent w/size to compete in NFC west, could be a steal or Beau Allen NT-added competition to create even more dominate front 7 or Bryan Stork C-depending on how Oline shakes out he could be immediate starter.

I know there are a lot of "or'' picks but it's impossible to tell who will be available based on other teams needs. I trust Harbaalke to pull off some crazy moves that will cover our needs while stockpiling draft picks for later. It will be interesting to see FA pickups this offseason and who stay/goes pending contract negotiations. If you couldn't tell by my picks I think we really just need shore up things in our secondary and our receiving corp. I like how Patton has been playing as of late, and with another offseason to work through he will be fun to watch next year. Even so we need a big red zone threat(especially if we are going to keep throwing the ball up on 1st and G from the 4, 3 plays in a row) and/or a speedy receiver to stretch the field. I wish we could have kept Marcus Cooper so we didn't have to search for yet another CB but that's how it goes.

Can't wait for May 8th!

lol probably cuz you never MENTIONED trading any picks the next yr

• cools
  • Veteran
1- WR J.Matthews, Vandy
2- FS E.Reynolds, Stanford
2- WR D.Moncrief, Ole Miss
3- CB A.Colvin, Oklahoma
3- QB Aj.McCarron, Alabama
1. Roby CB
2a+3b. Landry WR
2b. Easley DT
3a. Moncrief WR (if Boldin goes)/ Gaines CB (if Brown goes)
3c. Boyd QB

Re-sign Whitner and either Brown or Boldin
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on Jan 16, 2014 at 1:37 PM ]
Originally posted by x--OoO--x:
1A Dennard
1b K. Benjamin
2a traded (Benjamin)
2b traded (Benjamin)
3a traded for next year
3b traded for benjamin pick

/Draft

We need a Impact DB and WR. Can also draft a S prospect. all other picks should be used to secure Benjamin. We are at a point where its time to plug in the two missing pieces.. The rest of the drafted players will be poached off the squad due to roster limitations.

IMO, for where the Niners offense is at this day and time, I feel that we don't need a a guy like Benjamin with our #1 pick. Defense wins champioinships so I feel like we draft whoever is on the board between Dennard, Gilbert and Roby. Im sure we'll trade up. We can pick up a big 6'4 type guy later or even next year. If we go WR, I say Cooks. Our offense lacks that gamebreaking speed guy that creates mismatches. Jenkins and Williams were our "speed guys" and we lack that element now.(Not including V.Davis). Seattle has Tate, Balwin and Harvin(well kinda), STL has Givens and Austin, ARI has Ellington(RB), so we might as well get ours too.
  • Ruhl
  • Veteran
Dallas wins coin flip and we jump the ravens for our 32nd and 56th picks

1. Marques Lee
2. Traded to Dallas
2. Kyle Fuller
3. Deone Bucannon
3. Donte Moncrief
3. Dominique Easley

I'm doubtful that Fuller or Bucannon are available at those spots, but a guy can hope.
1st Round #32 WR Jordan Matthews or other WR.
2nd Round #56 CB Bradley Roby
2nd Round #64 WR Odell Beckham
3rd Round #77 Bryan Stork
3rd Round ?
3rd Round #96
Share 49ersWebzone