LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Give Me Your Ideal 1st - 3rd Round Mini Mock

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by bigwads:
I'm the only guy with Evans in his mock

Do you think he will last till the end of the first or do you think the Niners will trade up for him?

I think he is a top ten pick actually IMO, but I think he will actually get selected between 10-15. I have us trading our first second rounder to move up for him. It appears that a bunch of people are trading up for Watkins who is the #1 WR in the draft (Evans stats are way more impressive against way superior competition too).
rd 1--blake bortles qb ucf---baalke takes bpa, and hedges against potential troubles resigning kaepernick
rd 2-louchez purifoy cb florida--niners use their own 2nd rd pick as well as chiefs to trade up for talented cb
rd 3-ladanian washington wr missouri--use titans pick to shore up wr corp
rd 3-ahmed dixon-safety baylor--whitner's repalcement
rd 3 -gabe jackson g miss st--comp pick
Ok so here we go....

Trade both 2nd round pickz N OUR 3rd round pick for pick 20 ...

With pick 20 we take Darqueze Dennard CB ..

our own 1st round pick we take Davante Adams WR...

titans 3rd pick we take Travis Swanson C ...

3Rd comp pick we take Loucheiz Purifoy CB ..

This will make our secondary tha very best given a yr or 2 together ..helps our WR N play making...with goodwin probably gone in step swanson ...
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Trade Iupati to Buffalo Bills (1st need is LG) with Niners' 2nd round KC pick
1a Sammy Watkins WR
1b (32) Justin Gilbert CB
2a (traded)
Trade #64 and #96 for Xavier Su'a Filo/Zack Martin OG
3a Beau Allen NT
3b (traded)
3c Robert Herron WR

I actually would be ok with that. I seriously doubt the Niners will be able to sign Crabs, Kaep,Iupati, and Boone anyway. If we could get a talent like Sammy Watkins for Iupati and a 2nd I would be all for it.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Trade Iupati to Buffalo Bills (1st need is LG) with Niners' 2nd round KC pick
1a Sammy Watkins WR
1b (32) Justin Gilbert CB
2a (traded)
Trade #64 and #96 for Xavier Su'a Filo/Zack Martin OG
3a Beau Allen NT
3b (traded)
3c Robert Herron WR

I actually would be ok with that. I seriously doubt the Niners will be able to sign Crabs, Kaep,Iupati, and Boone anyway. If we could get a talent like Sammy Watkins for Iupati and a 2nd I would be all for it.

Only problem is we can trade Iupati cause he'll be a FA ....
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Dec 18, 2013 at 4:21 PM ]
Toss another one out there no trades

1. Davante Adams, WR
2. Brandin Cooks, WR
2. Deone Buccanon, SS
3. E.J. Gaines, CB
3. Bryan Stork, C
3.Jimmy Garoppolo, QB (dont really thinks he falls this far, but if he does he has to be the pick)
following Idaho..toss another 1 out there..

1. Lamarcus Joyner cb/s..always around the ball and I feel perfect nickle in the nfl..maybe switch to safety after whitner is gone in 2 years ( expecting him to resign a 2 year deal)
2. Allen Robinson wr..big fast strong..sold
2. Anthony Steen og..feel he was underrated bc of alabamas great o-line..
3. Aaron Lynch de..1sr round talent who had a down year..BPA
3. David Fales qb..athletic talented who can be a great back up..make us feel secure
3. this is between another cb or wr/rb..so either Stanley Jean Baptiste or Deanthony Thomas..

my thinking is either kendall hunter or lamike james gets traded to make room for marcus lattimore..if lamike does then deanthony would do what he has but better..and for cheaper..also an actual wr talent unlike lamike..
1)Purifoy, CB
was switching back and forth between a wr and cb. altough we are good at finding cb-talent in lower rounds, our contract situation force us to go with a cb in the first, imho.

2a)Beckham jr., WR
here we go with a fast wr, a wr-type we dont have on our roster at all.

2b)Swanson, C/G
is coming from the SEC, could be a starter from day one. if kilgore wins the starting job at center, Swanson could be a backup at C or G and take over at LG in case of Iupati's departure.

3a)Bailey, SS

3b)Martin, DE(OLB?)
seems to be very big AND fast. reminds me a little bit of Aldon. could play 5-technique DE or pass-rushing OLB, imo.
you cannot have too many pass-rushers.

3c)Abbrederis or Coleman, WR
Former one if MM departures, latter one if we give up on baldwin.
if we retained both of them, i would go for a FS who can play CB like Exum or Boston. we have to get rid of dahl :p
[ Edited by communist on Dec 19, 2013 at 7:53 AM ]
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Only problem is we can trade Lupati cause he'll be a FA ....

No iupati isn't a free agent until after the 2014 season so we can trade him on draft day or any time this offseason or up until the trade deadline next season. I like your mock though would be nice if all those players fell to those spots.

And Guys keep them coming with all those picks in the first 3 rounds we have so many options. I still think a 2nd or 3rd could and likely will be traded especially if we are confident in Kilgore and re-sign Boldin/Whitner.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 18, 2013 at 4:19 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:

No iupati isn't a free agent until after the 2014 season so we can trade him on draft day or any time this offseason or up until the trade deadline next season. I like your mock though would be nice if all those players fell to those spots.

I thought this off season was IUpati FA time ???

Iupati is signed through 2014. Was a 5 year rookie contract... 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 so we have him through 2014 yet.

7/30/2010: Signed a five-year, $18.25 million contract. The deal contains $10.8 million guaranteed. 2013: $1.002 million, 2014: $1,600,500, 2015: Free Agent

Iupati is signed through 2014. Was a 5 year rookie contract... 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 so we have him through 2014 yet.

7/30/2010: Signed a five-year, $18.25 million contract. The deal contains $10.8 million guaranteed. 2013: $1.002 million, 2014: $1,600,500, 2015: Free Agent

Ok will my bad but i think trading him now would be a bad idea N make a hole in our O-line we dont need right now ...
MOCK IT PICKS!!!!!!!! DONT CARE WHO IT IS..... NEED TO TAKE CHANCES TO FIND PLAYMAKERS>>>>>

#1. CB
#2. WR
#3. OL
#4. S
#5. WR
#6. WR
#7. CB
[ Edited by okieniner on Dec 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM ]
Trade our first round pick, Mike Iupati and a third to move into the top ten and draft Barr when he falls to 8 (totally lucky). Trade the second third round pick and our 2015 first to Browns for Josh Gordon. Move up and draft David Yankey Stanford guard in the second round with our fourth round pick. Trade the second 2nd round pick and trade down into the third and take Aaron Donald D-Line Pitt. Cure Cancer and world hunger and get season tickets on the 50 yard line in the new stadium.

And Guys keep them coming with all those picks in the first 3 rounds we have so many options. I still think a 2nd or 3rd could and likely will be traded especially if we are confident in Kilgore and re-sign Boldin/Whitner.

No team will trade for Iupati during the draft without being sure they are going to resign him, i.e. he has to be traded before the draft. His value is a second to the niners because he will get a tier A contract and third round compensation. So why trade him for less?
Share 49ersWebzone