LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Give Me Your Ideal 1st - 3rd Round Mini Mock

Originally posted by buck:
It is hard to do this without seeing what happens in free agency, but here is my best effort.

3. Pierre Desir CB Lindenwood 6-1 205
In the last two years, Desir has defended 30 passes—17 passes broken up and 13 picks.

3 Jonathan Dowling FS/SS Western Kentucky 6-3 198
In the last two years, Dowling has defended 23 passes—with 9 picks, has forced 8 fumbles, has 135 tackles with 4 tackles for a loss.

This will change as we move forward.

Agreed, very early and it's just for fun and like you said it's hard to know without free agency. It's throwing darts blindfolded. Like I said though you can mock free agency if you want and say who you think will re-sign and won't re-sign. Also, those 2 third round picks thats a ton of production. Smaller schools but that aside sometimes I think teams get too caught up in potential and guys bust a lot more due to it than just getting guys who produce and can come in and may not be superstars but will be solid. A lot of boom or bust picks out there instead of playing it safe. Sure it's ok to do a boom or bust 1-2 times a draft but some teams seems to like to play the odds more often than not and for every 1 that works out 10, 20, 30+ don't. Not referring to those guys but just in general. I don't know anything about either of them.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 17, 2013 at 2:51 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I only want a WR if he's over 6'3"
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Trade 1st and 3rd to move up,

1.Bradley Roby CB

Trade both 2nds to move back in the first

1b. Davante Adams WR

3. Jimmy Garoppolo QB (likely he is snatched up before here)

3.(comp) Jalen Saunders. WR

currently, it doesn't even look like we'd have to move up for Roby. he's been ranked below Dennard, Gilbert, and even Ifo

Every Mock i have seen as of late has him going in the mid 1st. If we didnt have to move up for him even better, but i dont see him falling that far.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Trade Iupati to Buffalo Bills (1st need is LG) with Niners' 2nd round KC pick
1a Sammy Watkins WR
1b (32) Justin Gilbert CB
2a (traded)
Trade #64 and #96 for Xavier Su'a Filo/Zack Martin OG
3a Beau Allen NT
3b (traded)
3c Robert Herron WR

in another thread, he also mentioned trading Anthony Davis to move up...
Originally posted by kronik:
1a Sammy Watkins WR
2a (traded)
3a Beau Allen NT
3b (traded)
3c Robert Herron WR

That would be insane if we stole Sammy Watkins and Justin Gilbert in this draft. The rest would be just gravy. Watkins is the superstar of this draft imo.

i couldnt agree anymore..we get the best wideout and top 3 corner..the rest of the picks im not all about id def switch up beau allen bc I honestly feel d-line is not a need...tank..dial..okoye..tje..Williams..Dorsey..dobbs..smith..mcdonald..we r stacked...give us a ss..loston/Dixon/bailey..and instead of herron id take a back up qb..now if this really happened we would have had the best draft ever on potential..not angry about iupati getting traded..i think looney is capable but agree with drafting a guard high..i personally like Gabe jackson
Originally posted by jersey49er:
1a Sammy Watkins WR
2a (traded)
3a Beau Allen NT
3b (traded)
3c Robert Herron WR

That would be insane if we stole Sammy Watkins and Justin Gilbert in this draft. The rest would be just gravy. Watkins is the superstar of this draft imo.

i couldnt agree anymore..we get the best wideout and top 3 corner..the rest of the picks im not all about id def switch up beau allen bc I honestly feel d-line is not a need...tank..dial..okoye..tje..Williams..Dorsey..dobbs..smith..mcdonald..we r stacked...give us a ss..loston/Dixon/bailey..and instead of herron id take a back up qb..now if this really happened we would have had the best draft ever on potential..not angry about iupati getting traded..i think looney is capable but agree with drafting a guard high..i personally like Gabe jackson

Yeah, I could see a QB at 3c. And a fast receiver at 3a makes sense. Dorsey and Ian Williams have played well, but the challenge is to stop Marshawn Lynch on first down. Dorsey is a bit light and Williams was not drafted. I'd like to see the Niners go with a goliath like McCullers for Lynch and short yardage. But they mostly get more athletic guys.
If we are taking any kind of ILB it has to be Borland from Wisconsin. Turnover machine. Just flat out a ballplayer.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
1a Sammy Watkins WR
2a (traded)
3a Beau Allen NT
3b (traded)
3c Robert Herron WR

Yeah, I could see a QB at 3c. And a fast receiver at 3a makes sense. Dorsey and Ian Williams have played well, but the challenge is to stop Marshawn Lynch on first down. Dorsey is a bit light and Williams was not drafted. I'd like to see the Niners go with a goliath like McCullers for Lynch and short yardage. But they mostly get more athletic guys.

I understand ur point..but isn't that wat dial is..? like 6'6 310lbs..around there..thats a big man..but ur correct they are athletic big men..ur talking u want like a sam adams clone or gilbert brown or kris Jenkins to clog up the middle by just standing there..in that case I want dequan jones from penn state..6'3 335lbs
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
If we are taking any kind of ILB it has to be Borland from Wisconsin. Turnover machine. Just flat out a ballplayer.

I also like max bulloughs from Michigan state..just think he is a harbaugh type of player..crazy motor on the kid..
  • VDSF
  • Veteran

From NFL.Com

Sammy Watkins-wr
Justin Gilbert-cb
Daniel McCullers-nt
Bryan Stork-c
Antone Exum-s/cb
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
1st Rd - Marqise Lee - WR (USC)

2nd Rd – Marcus Roberson – CB (Florida)

2nd Rd – Jackson Jeffcoat – DE (Texas)

3rd Rd – Daniel McCullers – NT (Tennessee)

3rd Rd – Zack Martin – G/OT (Notre Dame)

3rd Rd – Bradley Roby – CB (Ohio St)
Originally posted by VDSF:
1st Rd - Marqise Lee - WR (USC)

2nd Rd – Marcus Roberson – CB (Florida)

2nd Rd – Jackson Jeffcoat – DE (Texas)

3rd Rd – Daniel McCullers – NT (Tennessee)

3rd Rd – Zack Martin – G/OT (Notre Dame)

3rd Rd – Bradley Roby – CB (Ohio St)

you think Roberson will go before roby...? and if so you think roby will fall to the 3rd round...basically the 4th bc its a comp pick..idk about that..but if so the world would be amazed..
Originally posted by VDSF:

From NFL.Com

see I envision tank to be is replacement..plus idk about any1 else but im really impressed by tony Jerrod eddie..I just don't think d-line is a need as big as wr..cb..ss(regardless if whitner signs it will only be a 3 year or less contract)..back up qb..d-line..
1. Dennard CB (trade 1st, 3rd and 5th) to move up to pick 12

1b. Kelvin Benjamin WR (trade both 2nds and 3rd) to move to mid-late first. Yes he'll be a first rounder if he declares, he may not even be there mid first.

3.comp Dion Bailey or Ahmad Dixon or Deone Bucannon SS in that order depending on who's there
Share 49ersWebzone