LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Cooper Mock Draft 2.0 2014

Originally posted by Cooper22:
Yeah he was my last cut.. Ultimately, I like Spencer Long so much as a late round prospect that I decided to cut Snyder in favor of Long.

I think Benjamin has great hands but has mental lapses on some easy catches.. He can easily improve on that
late-rounder as the replacement for snyder. you do realize that you wont win s**t in this league with rookies all over the place, especially with day 3 picks?
you say that there are linemen who could develop into a swing tackle? let them develop behind snyder. boone is a starter, thus not our swing tackle, by my standards.
[ Edited by communist on Dec 16, 2013 at 4:33 PM ]
I really think the only qb that would fit our offense is Tajh Boyd but I really don't like him as an NFL quarterback to be honest.. It was a toss up between him, Mettenberger, and Garroppolo.

Mettenberger won out for me because if Kaep were to go down, I'd rather have Mettenberger in running a more vanilla offense than Boyd running our current offense.. Just my opinion

Read up on Jimmy Garroppollo from E. Illinois.... good fit, if available in the 3rd/4th rds.

... and I was keen on a swing OT too, but yes... Boone is the ****ing man that can handle moving out.
Oops, i thought this was a thread about people b***hing about a former practice squad player
Originally posted by communist:
Yeah he was my last cut.. Ultimately, I like Spencer Long so much as a late round prospect that I decided to cut Snyder in favor of Long.

I think Benjamin has great hands but has mental lapses on some easy catches.. He can easily improve on that
late-rounder as the replacement for snyder. you do realize that you wont win s**t in this league with rookies all over the place, especially with day 3 picks?
you say that there are linemen who could develop into a swing tackle? let them develop behind snyder. boone is a starter, thus not our swing tackle, by my standards.

Well by Harbaugh's standards Boone IS the swing tackle. And a damn good one
Great mock offseason Cooper. Love the Dennard, Benjamin, Bailey picks. Not sure Mettenberger falls that far, but if so, a steal IMO.

Love retaining Boldin and Whitner, wouldn't be against 3 year deals. Love retaining Dawson, Wilhoite on multi year deals. Osgood I wouldnt mind a 2yr deal. Wright would be a 1yr deal, not 100% sold on him. Needs to be incentive based.

Love extending Vernon and Willis. Also Aldon, Crabs(Not sure if it happens tho), Miller, and Dorsey. I would also love to see Boone extended too.
even if...boone swinging to tackle means a starter is down, thus a backup has to step in. do not like experiments in the trenches. you have to have at least one experienced backup, a guy who works on a constant basis; you cannot expect that from a rookie.
same goes for the d-line. we should count ourselves lucky to have a cheap but efficient dorsey.

snyder would cost us about a 1.3 mio against the cap next year. it's affordable imho.
the only alternative, imho, is a surefire rookie or another vet. then again, perhaps we will draft a center with an early pick.
given that we will need a cb, wr and ss, i.dont see much room for a day 2 pick on a o-liner, not to mention day one.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Great mock offseason Cooper. Love the Dennard, Benjamin, Bailey picks. Not sure Mettenberger falls that far, but if so, a steal IMO.

Love retaining Boldin and Whitner, wouldn't be against 3 year deals. Love retaining Dawson, Wilhoite on multi year deals. Osgood I wouldnt mind a 2yr deal. Wright would be a 1yr deal, not 100% sold on him. Needs to be incentive based.

Love extending Vernon and Willis. Also Aldon, Crabs(Not sure if it happens tho), Miller, and Dorsey. I would also love to see Boone extended too.

Appreciate it. Got a lot of my knowledge on free agency from reading your posts. What's your opinion, from a players perspective, on when a player would want to sign an extension (specifically Crabtree, Aldon, Boone, and Kaepernick)? And out of those 4, who do you think is the most likely to sign an extension this offseason? Thanks!
Originally posted by communist:
even if...boone swinging to tackle means a starter is down, thus a backup has to step in. do not like experiments in the trenches. you have to have at least one experienced backup, a guy who works on a constant basis; you cannot expect that from a rookie.
same goes for the d-line. we should count ourselves lucky to have a cheap but efficient dorsey.

snyder would cost us about a 1.3 mio against the cap next year. it's affordable imho.
the only alternative, imho, is a surefire rookie or another vet. then again, perhaps we will draft a center with an early pick.
given that we will need a cb, wr and ss, i.dont see much room for a day 2 pick on a o-liner, not to mention day one.

Yeah I definitely get where your coming from and I agree. I guess I just saw Long as a potential 3rd rounder if he wasn't hurt
what kind if injury are we talking about?

if long works out well, you can cut or trade snyder in the preseason; given his cap number, the latter is possible.
but plz never forget that you cannot draft nfl experience (paired with solid production on a relatively constant basis).

i like your center pick in the 3rd. you dont trust kilgore, nice to know a non-dreamer :)
[ Edited by communist on Dec 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM ]
Absolutely love it, and it's funny because I have us taking those exact same top three picks in the other mini-mock thread! A couple of things though, Dion Bailey is not a converted LB, he started out at safety and converted to LB just last year because the coaches loved his run stopping ability and his ability to shut out TEs. He was an absolute ball hawk at LB as well. He went back to Safety this year and played very similar to the way Vaccaro played at texas, he's so good in coverage that he played the slot in 3 reciever sets and completely shut down TEs most of the year. Again he was a ball hawk nabbing 4 or 5 and was stout against the run. 2nd best safety in this draft after Dix. And for whoever said Mays was LB, uh no, he's never played LB. Matter of fact, there was talk about us wanting to convert him into a LB when he was with us but he didn't want to because apparently he didn't like contact

Share 49ersWebzone