There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 Senior Bowl

• buck
  • Veteran
2014 Senior Bowl

Saturday, January 25, 2014 TIME: 3pm CT WHERE: Mobile, Alabama

The Senior Bowl is the premiere ALL Star Game.

The 2014 Senior Bowl and its practices - around 15 hours of LIVE coverage - will be nationally-televised by NFL Network.

Here are the wide receivers and defensive backs who have accepted invitations.

Wide Receivers

Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt
Jeff Janis, Saginaw Valley State
Robert Herron, Wyoming
Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin
Ryan Grant, WR, Tulane
Cody Hoffman, WR, BYU
Michael Campanaro, WR, Wake Forest
Kain Colter, QB/WR, Northwestern

Cornerbacks

Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech
Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
Dontae Johnson, CB, NC State
Lavelle Westbrooks, CB, Georgia Southern
Chris Davis, CB, Auburn
Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State
Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma

Safeties

Deone Bucannon, S, Washington State
Jimmie Ward, S, Northern Illinois
Terrence Brooks, S, Florida State
[ Edited by buck on Dec 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
We might be taking an offensive lineman in this draft.
Here are those who have accepted invitations at this point.

Centers

Travis Swanson-- Arkansas
Weston Richburg-- Colorado State

Guards

Billy Turner -- North Dalkota St(OT)
Jon Halapio-- Florida
Brandon Linder-- Miami (FL)
Kadeem Edwards-- Tennessee State
Chris Watt-- Notre Dame
Gabe Jackson-- Mississippi State

Offensive Tackles

Taylor Lewan-- Michigan
Morgan Moses-- Virginia
Jack Mewhort-- Ohio State
Joe Bitonio--Nevada -
  • buck
  • Veteran
Here is the schedule for the week.

Saturday, January 18
3:00pm-6:00pm Player Check-In

Sunday, January 19
10:00am-5:00pm Player Check-In

Monday, January 20
1:00pm-3:00pm South Team Practice Fairhope Stadium
3:00pm-5:00pm North Team Practice Ladd-Peebles Stadium

b]Tuesday, January 21
[/b]9:30am-11:30am North Team Practice Ladd-Peebles Stadium
1:30pm- 3:30pm South Team Practice Ladd-Peebles Stadium

Wednesday, January 22
9:30am-11:30am North Team Practice Ladd-Peebles Stadium
1:30pm- 3:30pm South Team Practice Ladd-Peebles Stadium

Thursday, January 23
2:30pm-4:30pm North Team Practice Fairhope Stadium
2:30pm-4:30pm South Team Practice Ladd-Peebles Stadium

Friday, January 24
10:30am- 11:30am North/South Team Walk Through

Saturday, January 25
3:00pm Kickoff - Reese's Senior Bowl 2014 Ladd-Peebles Stadium
I'll be there!
Originally posted by 228niner:
I'll be there!

Sweet. Have fun man. Wish I could be there.
Another good crop of CB's this year at the Senior Bowl. Hope Dennard does not back out. He is pretty elite. Abbrederis is someone to watch in those middle rounds. He is going gone a solid contributor in the NFL. Smart, instinctive, great body control and sneaky fast. I love the kid and think he is going to be a steal for a team.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Another good crop of CB's this year at the Senior Bowl. Hope Dennard does not back out. He is pretty elite. Abbrederis is someone to watch in those middle rounds. He is going gone a solid contributor in the NFL. Smart, instinctive, great body control and sneaky fast. I love the kid and think he is going to be a steal for a team.

Jared Abbrederis's production against Ohio St clearly indicated that he will do well in the NFL.

The rise of the "unknowns" at the Senior Bowl is, at least in my opinion, is much more fascinating.

I think that major potential surprises will be Lavelle Westbrooks, CB, from Georgia Southern and Billy Turner, OL, from North Dakota St.

edit: By the end of the week there is a good chance that Jeff Janis will actually be schooling the "big boys."
[ Edited by buck on Dec 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM ]
Jalen Saunders has also accepted an invitation.

Excited to see Saunders and Janis at WR, Also the regional kid Deone Buccanon at S.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Jalen Saunders has also accepted an invitation.

Excited to see Saunders and Janis at WR, Also the regional kid Deone Buccanon at S.

The Senior Bowl gives the scouting community a chance to see how the prospects do against talent.

It gives the names that we do not know and the names that we doubt (in my case Jalen Saunders) to prove themselves.

I really love this game and I am happy for all those players who stand up and shine.

What do you think about Bene Benwikere. That's my dude
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
What do you think about Bene Benwikere. That's my dude

He has been invited to the East West Shrine Game

San Jose State's Jones, Benwikere to play in East-West Shrine Game

http://www.marinij.com/sports/ci_24752306/san-jose-states-jones-benwikere-play-east-west

Do you think he lasts to the middle rounds? He's already predicted to go in the 2nd-3rd range. I see the packers (always draft good WRs and could use some more. Local kid) and seahawks (need WRs and he was RW's favorite target in college) taking a shot at him as early as the late 2nd, seeing as how he may not last to them in the 3rd.

Another question I have for you MD: Do you think Kaepernick will properly utilize his skills (route running, creating separation in the middle of the field), or does Kaep need more of a physical type of receiver that can make tough catches, go up and fight for the ball, or beat the defense over the top (which I think Abbrederis could do very well)?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Wow nobody from our 1-11 UH team not gonna be there, I was positive someone would be going.

**Please god let them see the sarcasm in this post"
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Do you think he lasts to the middle rounds? He's already predicted to go in the 2nd-3rd range. I see the packers (always draft good WRs and could use some more. Local kid) and seahawks (need WRs and he was RW's favorite target in college) taking a shot at him as early as the late 2nd, seeing as how he may not last to them in the 3rd.

Another question I have for you MD: Do you think Kaepernick will properly utilize his skills (route running, creating separation in the middle of the field), or does Kaep need more of a physical type of receiver that can make tough catches, go up and fight for the ball, or beat the defense over the top (which I think Abbrederis could do very well)?

Got a feeling that JA is going to be hovering in that 90-130 pick range. Don't think he will run well at the combine, but the hands and on-the-field instincts in his private workouts will get him in that mid-round area. He is just a smart player, runs good routes, will be ready to play sooner that most WR's entering the league.

As for CK, he needs guys who understand the game playing with him. I think JA adds that to the team. CK is a hard worker, and he is going to improve from 2013, but he needs help. Pretty soon, this WR is going to turn over, so he will need some young legs to help. A Crabtree, Patton, JA combo is a nice young group of WR's for the team.
  • buck
  • Veteran
The Jaguars and Falcons will coach the Senior Bowl.

The Jaguars were a lock, but the Falcons were considered along with the Oakland Raiders. Teams, like the Detroit Lions last season, have taken advantage of the process and closely evaluated the talent on their teams. The all star circuit is the first event where teams have heavy access to draft prospects.

Source: Senior Bowl