There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tre Boston-SS/FS/CB-North Carolina

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah and CBS was off on close to 50% of the picks last year. I wouldn't take their rankings system as gospel. I've seen Boston ranked anywhere from the early 2nd to the 4th. I think early 3rd round is about right for him.

I don't take any rankings seriously at this point. If you get a consensus on a guy then maybe...but then again! LOL! And if I watched every player available I'd be just as accurate as CBS!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I don't take any rankings seriously at this point. If you get a consensus on a guy then maybe...but then again! LOL! And if I watched every player available I'd be just as accurate as CBS!

f**king Pete Prisco especially, I still remember how badly he slammed the 49ers for passing over Blaine Gabbert to take Aldon Smith. The average person that posts in here is likely more knowledgeable than that clown.


I do think as the Combine and offseason goes on, Boston will move up a bit, late 2nd, possibly mid 2nd if he really turns heads, he's still somewhat raw, especially as a tackler, but the size, physical ability and playmaking are all there.
I'm a UNC fan and although this guy is pretty athletic with some upside, he's also very very inconsistent. I'd prefer to see the Niners pass
Originally posted by matt49er:
I'm a UNC fan and although this guy is pretty athletic with some upside, he's also very very inconsistent. I'd prefer to see the Niners pass

Same thing was said about Reid from various sources before the draft. Boston is a perfect guy to coach up, there's obvious weaknesses, but this team has done very well in coaching up defensive backs.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,393
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by matt49er:
I'm a UNC fan and although this guy is pretty athletic with some upside, he's also very very inconsistent. I'd prefer to see the Niners pass

Same thing was said about Reid from various sources before the draft. Boston is a perfect guy to coach up, there's obvious weaknesses, but this team has done very well in coaching up defensive backs.

Tre Boston is a definite possibility.

At this point I tend to like Jonathan Dowling, but I would not be upset if we took Boston.

If he declares Derron Smith,FS, from Fresno St is also a possibility.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
CBS lists Boston as a 4th rounder and I believe the 9ers will pick a safety in a higher round. But the fact he can play CB or S would be tempting in either the 3rd or 4th round. Of course, the 9ers 4th is late so they'd likely have to take him late 3rd.


we likely will have a late 3rd pick as compensation for Goldson.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
This. Regardless if Donte stays or not, we need more depth behind him and Reid. When either one of those dudes go down and Dahl or CJ have to come in the drop off in quality is just !


True. Entering next season, I think the biggest drop off from starter to reserve might be at safety. Although receiver is always good to give any position a run for its money around here.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
This. Regardless if Donte stays or not, we need more depth behind him and Reid. When either one of those dudes go down and Dahl or CJ have to come in the drop off in quality is just !


True. Entering next season, I think the biggest drop off from starter to reserve might be at safety. Although receiver is always good to give any position a run for its money around here.


A bit worried about middle linebacker. Some depth here may be good.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
This. Regardless if Donte stays or not, we need more depth behind him and Reid. When either one of those dudes go down and Dahl or CJ have to come in the drop off in quality is just !


True. Entering next season, I think the biggest drop off from starter to reserve might be at safety. Although receiver is always good to give any position a run for its money around here.


A bit worried about middle linebacker. Some depth here may be good.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
This. Regardless if Donte stays or not, we need more depth behind him and Reid. When either one of those dudes go down and Dahl or CJ have to come in the drop off in quality is just !


True. Entering next season, I think the biggest drop off from starter to reserve might be at safety. Although receiver is always good to give any position a run for its money around here.


A bit worried about middle linebacker. Some depth here may be good.