There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

GEEK's Final Mock Plan...

Call me opmistic, but right now I assume we're picking at #32, until proven otherwise. I think moving from 32 to 5 to grab Watkins would require more future picks than Baalke would be willing to mortgage. I do think we could move from 32 to say 18-20 without mortgaging the future, which is exactly what Baalke has done in the past. I believe we have a chance of landing Lee in the 18-20 range of the draft. I'm not saying Lee is better than Watkins. I'm saying Lee could be within reach, where Watkins maybe out of reach, based on Baalke's past trade ups.

Do we have any WRs on the team with the quickness, speed, & agility of Watkins or Lee??? Do we have any WRs with the size of Evans??? I don't think so!!!!

If the WRs go 1) Watkins approx #5-7, 2) Evans approx #9-12, 3) Lee approx 18-23, and the 4) ??? approx 29-35, that there seems to be a big droop off in the (quickness, agility, &speed receivers) after the top 3 WRs. Plus there seems to be several good Big WRs possibly coming out in the draft this year.

Let's get 2 really good WRs this year. One fast, quick, & agile; and the other with size, reach, and strong hands. I'd be stocked if we traded up to 18-23 and nab Lee, and also draft best BIG West Coast possion WR in either round 2 or 3. Then we could have 2 vets, Crabtree & Boldin (if we resign him), and 3 young guns to develop; Lee, Patton, ??? A Big West Coast possion WR.

In short, I'd be willing to parlay our 1st, a 2nd, & two 3rds, to land Lee and one of the top BIg's which there seems to be several this year.
[ Edited by Maui9er on Dec 20, 2013 at 1:21 AM ]
Originally posted by Maui9er:
Call me opmistic, but right now I assume we're picking at #32, until proven otherwise. I think moving from 32 to 5 to grab Watkins would require more future picks than Baalke would be willing to mortgage. I do think we could move from 32 to say 18-20 without mortgaging the future, which is exactly what Baalke has done in the past. I believe we have a chance of landing Lee in the 18-20 range of the draft. I'm not saying Lee is better than Watkins. I'm saying Lee could be within reach, where Watkins maybe out of reach, based on Baalke's past trade ups.

Do we have any WRs on the team with the quickness, speed, & agility of Watkins or Lee??? Do we have any WRs with the size of Evans??? I don't think so!!!!

If the WRs go 1) Watkins approx #5-7, 2) Evans approx #9-12, 3) Lee approx 18-23, and the 4) ??? approx 29-35, that there seems to be a big droop off in the (quickness, agility, &speed receivers) after the top 3 WRs. Plus there seems to be several good Big WRs possibly coming out in the draft this year.

Let's get 2 really good WRs this year. One fast, quick, & agile; and the other with size, reach, and strong hands. I'd be stocked if we traded up to 18-23 and nab Lee, and also draft best BIG West Coast possion WR in either round 2 or 3. Then we could have 2 vets, Crabtree & Boldin (if we resign him), and 3 young guns to develop; Lee, Patton, ??? A Big West Coast possion WR.

In short, I'd be willing to parlay our 1st, a 2nd, & two 3rds, to land Lee and one of the top BIg's which there seems to be several this year.

I like it....especially if the big west coast wr is Donte Moncrief in the 2nd or 3rd round!!!