LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

salivating

Over the thought of De'anthony Thomas as our new slot receiver/ returner. I beleive if hes still on the board when we select our second of our second rounders it shoukd be a no brainer. Hes pure speed and overall a better player than lamike.
I beleive we should draft 1st best wr/ db 2nd best wr/ db, 2.2 De'anthony

let me know your thoughts
Yeah, no. They're already having trouble figuring out how to use James.
They are 2 totally different players imo
and if the niners want to consistently beat the shehawks they are going to need burners running out of the slot who can avoid the press coverage that their bigger/roided/drugged up corners implement
Ugh plz 49er lord NO !!!!
I wouldn't mind taking Thomas, but not until the late 3rd at the earliest.
James is a better prospect. We are already loaded at RB with Hunter, James, Lattimore and Gore so I don't see any action this upcoming draft.

I would give Marion Grice a look from Arizona State if we took anyone. He is a big back that is great out of the backfield receiving.
Originally posted by HarbaughzDeep:
James is a better prospect. We are already loaded at RB with Hunter, James, Lattimore and Gore so I don't see any action this upcoming draft.

I would give Marion Grice a look from Arizona State if we took anyone. He is a big back that is great out of the backfield receiving.
He's talking about drafting him as a Slot WR, not a RB. He's be an OW (Offensive Weapon) in the mold of Percy Harvin, Tavon Austin, and what the Jags are trying to do with Denard Robinson. I love the idea. DAT would be a nightmare in the slot and letting him get into space and letting go him go. Plus he'd take over return duties. I'd be down with it.
No thanks.. won't do much in the NFL unless he goes to the Saints, Pats or teams like that. He'd be totally misused and wasting away at the bottom of the depth chart just like James is.
Share 49ersWebzone